Father's Day Weekend Report (2013) and advice for a smooth day

Father's Day Weekend Report (2013)

A lot of what we do has been researched completely including the motels we use, etc.
    We live in Valencia about 75 miles away and have annual passes.
    We often stay at the Park Vue Inn across the street and walk to DL in the morning. We also like to stay at the Sheraton and take the shuttle over. This time we took the Sheraton.

Once again, I have discovered a nice little secret, Sunday before 11am is not crowded at all. If you get to the park when it opens on a Sunday morning you can almost walk on anything until 10am. Of course though, you will have to sprint to Peter Pan because that fills up fast. Anyone else think peter Pan is mostly about the nostalgia? I do. I mean, its a great ride, but has anyone really been on Pinocchio lately and really thought about it? It is quite good and is always a walk on.

Gates opened at 8am, did Peter Pan, Mr Toad, Alice, Casey Jr Train, Matterhorn, Pinocchio, Snow White and Dumbo twice and we were done by just after 9am!! This is where we always head over to New Orleans Square and have River Belle Terrace for breakfast (one of the only breakfast place sin the park). Get the Mark Twain with sausage! It is usually a good idea at this point to grab an Indiana Jones fast pass right next door. Unfortunately it was closed for a couple hours on Sunday. We finished breakfast, Pirates, then Haunted House. Then just about walked on to Splash Mountain. 10am and we did so much.

We had a 2pm reservation for Blue Bayou. Amazing food but very expensive. Pirates and Blue Bayou were closed at around 11am because of some fire alarm issue. By the time our reservation was ready, BB was open but Pirates was not. It was weird eating while Pirates was not operating. Get this at the BB: Slow-Roasted Beef Strip Loin. The soft potatoes Au Gratin were to die for and the gumbo side was of course, amazing.

We went back to the Sheraton at 4pm and planned to come back. We didn't. We did come back on Monday morning. MUCH more crowded. I know it is summer but I cannot stress this enough, try the Sunday morning thing.

• Minion

Re: Father's Day Weekend Report (2013) and advice for a smooth day

Welcome to MiceChat. Thanks for the TR. btw you may want to edit Haunted House to Haunted Mansion

• Capt without a ship...

Re: Father's Day Weekend Report (2013) and advice for a smooth day

The past Saturday was excellent - and interestingly enough - the fire alarm was going off in the afternoon in that very same area - they cleared some of the shops as well.