View Poll Results: Best Replacement For Captain EO

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Robinsons' 4-D Time Machine (Meet The Robinsons 2.0)

8 20.51%
  • Lone Space Ranger (and Jedi Tonto)

1 2.56%
  • Captain EO 2.0 - Will Farrell (Captain EO) clobbers villainous punk, Justin Bieber

5 12.82%
  • Toon Alien Vs. Toon Preditor (w/ special guest referee, Sigouney Weaver)

2 5.13%
  • Robo Battle (clash between WALL-E & Push, The Talking Trash Can)

1 2.56%
  • Innoventions, The Movie Musical (w/ TomMorrow)

2 5.13%
  • Space Mimes Quietly Save Planet Earth (w/ Lindsey Lohan))

2 5.13%
  • A hybrid of two or more of the above ideas

0 0%
  • Other replacement as these incipid ideas make the future look bleak!

24 61.54%
  • Is Captain EO a Disneyand attraction?

2 5.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

Re: Best Replacement For Captain EO....New Version of Stitche's Great Escape?

Since Universal no longer has it, how about something that is a "bold, completely new version of the future for Tomorrowland" -- Terminator 2:3D
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Senior Minion

Bring back the Hall of Aluminum!
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Monsters Inc: Laugh Floor?

It is one of my favorite attractions in the Magic Kingdom!!

•   
    • Minion

I voted for something else. A re-design of the area is needed. Id rather them get rid of the theater and the surrounding areas and redo it all. Obviously leave Space mountain. But they could re-imagine the pizza port area, innoventions, the star cade, magic eye theater. if they were willing to close all that demo it and re-use the areas they could do so much!

Any 3-D is so yesterday... Not needed at parks when you have it in your living room.

What if we tear down, re-build and re-theme the whole land for the Star Wars universe, including Space Mountain, and just have Star Wars as being the way the future becomes...

Could we modernize the Autopia track for pretend land speeders of some kind? Self-driving cars are also supposed to be Things of the Future...
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Minion

No, thanks. I'll pass on this one.

How about an original concept? And by original, I mean something that doesn't exist in any other Disney park and something that isn't an IP.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Out of the poll choices, something related to Robinsons because it's a Disney Sci-Fi property that fits Tomorrowland like a glove and its sorely underrated anyways.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

•   
    • Minion

I think that we can never underestimate the value of a sit-down performance or film space at that end of the park. Giving people a place to sit and decompress or rest is important.

Having said that, I would hope for something new, not a clone or rehash of something in another park. Something related to Tron might be fun, because they have the arcade right next door and could tie in that way, or they could use the space for rotating Disney films that people might not have seen (long lost Disney or such), or have the Stormtroopers go on a stage and tap dance...anything but EO.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    I am all for getting rid of Captain EO, I might be the only person born in the 1980s who hates Michael Jackson and didn't give a rats when he finally self destructed,
    No, you're not alone there. I detest MJ and I thought it was a shame they brought EO back for any sort of "tribute" to him but that is another story.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd4Disneyland View Post

Please, no. I detest this one as much as the Stitch ride. Another one where I cringe every time my kids drag me on there. On top of that it has nothing to do with Tomorrowland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   

What about a new 3D show it could be about mickey n his friends going to space n visit each stars n each stars have a different disney movie.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    It's really a no-brainer for me:

The Space Bear Jamboree

Them thar Space Bear will take the universe by meteoric storm, one planet after another.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerGT View Post
    Second vote for this great idea!! Ha ha... definitely put a huge smile on my face, thank you for that!

Seriously, this is super valuable original Disneyland real estate period. Therefore, my vote goes for a complete re-construction along with a outstanding original E sized attraction please.
    E-sized attraction or bust! This property has had inadequate old attractions for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by xceemora View Post
    What about a new 3D show it could be about mickey n his friends going to space n visit each stars n each stars have a different disney movie.
    There's no bigger star than Mickey. I think the first planet visted by the Fab Five and their friends is planet Pluto.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Since Universal no longer has it, how about something that is a "bold, completely new version of the future for Tomorrowland" -- Terminator 2:3D
    If Universal loses Terminator 3-D, perhaps it could mean "finders keepers" for Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Bring back the Hall of Aluminum!
    I'm certainly up for some aluminating entertainment!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd4Disneyland View Post

They would need to augment the attraction for a Tomorroland feel....with the title reworked as something on the order of Cosmic Monsters, Inc: Stellar Laugh Floor.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I voted for something else. A re-design of the area is needed. Id rather them get rid of the theater and the surrounding areas and redo it all. Obviously leave Space mountain. But they could re-imagine the pizza port area, innoventions, the star cade, magic eye theater. if they were willing to close all that demo it and re-use the areas they could do so much!
    I would be all for a meteoric sweep of the space debris-filled areas you have mentioned changing.

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    Any 3-D is so yesterday... Not needed at parks when you have it in your living room.

What if we tear down, re-build and re-theme the whole land for the Star Wars universe, including Space Mountain, and just have Star Wars as being the way the future becomes...

Could we modernize the Autopia track for pretend land speeders of some kind? Self-driving cars are also supposed to be Things of the Future...
    Star Wars speeders would be a welcome change from what might as well be called the Tomorrowland Bumper Car-topia.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    No, thanks. I'll pass on this one.

How about an original concept? And by original, I mean something that doesn't exist in any other Disney park and something that isn't an IP.
    Disney should adopt the new buzz words, "Bee Original".

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Out of the poll choices, something related to Robinsons because it's a Disney Sci-Fi property that fits Tomorrowland like a glove and its sorely underrated anyways.
    Zactly! Robinson's is a terrific sci-fi themed property that produces fascinating intergalactic interactive joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I think that we can never underestimate the value of a sit-down performance or film space at that end of the park. Giving people a place to sit and decompress or rest is important.

Having said that, I would hope for something new, not a clone or rehash of something in another park. Something related to Tron might be fun, because they have the arcade right next door and could tie in that way, or they could use the space for rotating Disney films that people might not have seen (long lost Disney or such), or have the Stormtroopers go on a stage and tap dance...anything but EO.

No, you're not alone there. I detest MJ and I thought it was a shame they brought EO back for any sort of "tribute" to him but that is another story.
    Great ideas.... In line with what you have brought to light here, Malina, I'd be for rotating newly produced sci-fi and other futuristic films based on Disney originals throughout the company's history.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Please, no. I detest this one as much as the Stitch ride. Another one where I cringe every time my kids drag me on there. On top of that it has nothing to do with Tomorrowland.
    Now it does: Cosmic Monsters, Inc: Stellar Laugh Floor.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-20-2013 at 01:05 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Sharkslayer

Why everyone hates Justin Bieber?

• Go Bears!

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Hahaha, I love it.

To be honest, I rather miss T2:3D!

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by MickeySmurfette24 View Post
    Why everyone hates Justin Bieber?
    I think it's the "cool" thing to do right now. *shrugs*
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast