View Poll Results: Best Replacement For Captain EO

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Robinsons' 4-D Time Machine (Meet The Robinsons 2.0)

8 20.51%
  • Lone Space Ranger (and Jedi Tonto)

1 2.56%
  • Captain EO 2.0 - Will Farrell (Captain EO) clobbers villainous punk, Justin Bieber

5 12.82%
  • Toon Alien Vs. Toon Preditor (w/ special guest referee, Sigouney Weaver)

2 5.13%
  • Robo Battle (clash between WALL-E & Push, The Talking Trash Can)

1 2.56%
  • Innoventions, The Movie Musical (w/ TomMorrow)

2 5.13%
  • Space Mimes Quietly Save Planet Earth (w/ Lindsey Lohan))

2 5.13%
  • A hybrid of two or more of the above ideas

0 0%
  • Other replacement as these incipid ideas make the future look bleak!

24 61.54%
  • Is Captain EO a Disneyand attraction?

2 5.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• film975

Re: Best Replacement For Captain EO....New Version of Stitche's Great Escape?

I'm liking the Meet the Robinsons idea. It could be something similar to Timekeeper that used to be at Disney World's Magic Kingdom. I can imagine Carl being the robot host for the attraction. But when I first saw Terminator 2: 3-D at Universal, I was really impressed how they integrated their live performers with the 3-D film. So what if Disney did something similar but with the Avengers. And taking that concept to the next level? They could probably do that with TRON as well if the Light-cycle ride on the PeopleMover tracks idea doesn't work out.
    Last edited by film975; 06-19-2013 at 05:09 PM.

• Nic

Why not a planetarium show modeled upon the Powers of 10 video?
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Artistic integrity

Why do cartoons continue to be thought up for Tomorrowland?

My vote:

Other replacement as these incipid ideas make the future look bleak!

I'm for a complete reconfiguration of that area. Between Starcade, the 3D movie theater, and what is the current queue for Space Mountain ... and what's behind it all (backstage) ..... the entire area needs reformatting to maximize space and not waste any of it - like it is now.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Just drawn that way

These are dark and troubling visions of the future indeed......

I'd rather have retroland instead.....
    Little and broken, but still good.

I would never, ever, ever want something like SGE to come to Disneyland. Captain EO is alright (since I am not the hugest Michael Jackson fan), It was very appropriate that they brought it back in his memory and it is A LOT better than HISTA...but I think it's time for another change. It will be different to have something other than a 3D show be in that area. I could really care less about what they do with it because I know that the imagineers will work hard to not disappoint, but please...don't do another SGE type ride unless they do it correctly.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by MickeySmurfette24 View Post
    Why everyone hates Justin Bieber?
    Crappy music and reckless attitude.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbo34 View Post
    I LOVED Alien Encounter!
    This.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Banned User

How about ANYTHING!!! While not my first reason for wanting this attraction replaced, it is, particularly with these latest allegations, insanely inappropriate in the parks now.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Pretty much sums it up, yet somehow, little girls still treat him like a god.

Anyways, whatever replaces Captain EO, I hope it is very repeatable and not another 4D movie that will go stale after a few visits.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I wanna see bears dressed up in space suits singing songs like Calling Occupants, Space Oddity, and Rocket Man
    Last edited by sleepyjeff; 06-20-2013 at 09:24 AM.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Iron-Clad Allie

Why everyone hates Justin Bieber?
    Hating on the Bieb is easy when the guy is self-imoportant,, humorless, frequently in the news for doing crass things....plus his songs are "formula" sound alikes", and there are a host of others more deserving that would make the limelight seem shinier instead of dimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Since Universal no longer has it,how about something that is a "bold, completely new version of the futurefor Tomorrowland" -- Terminator 2:3D

^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by KevRus View Post
    hahaha, I love it.

To be honest, I rather miss T2:3D!
    Me too. A great new attraction should be taking it's place though.

Whyeveryone hates Justin Bieber?

^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    I think it's the "cool" thing to do right now. *shrugs*
    Figure I might as well get in on the coolness cause I think the Bieb may well be looking for another job in the future....among the possibilities, a stagehand for the Donny & Marrie stage show in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    I'm liking the Meet the Robinsons idea. It could be something similar to Timekeeper that used to be at Disney World's Magic Kingdom. I can imagine Carl being the robot host for the attraction. But when I first saw Terminator 2: 3-D at Universal, I was really impressed how they integrated their live performers with the 3-D film. So what if Disney did something similar but with the Avengers. And taking that concept to the next level? They could probably do that with TRON as well if the Light-cycle ride on the PeopleMover tracks idea doesn't work out.
    A Meet The Robinsons' Timekeeper genra-based sttraction would take excitment to a whole new level! Love this idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Why not a planetarium show modeled upon the Powers of 10 video?
    I love planetariums, and a Disney motion-based attraction would be quite unique. This idea rocks the universe to the highest power!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Why do cartoons continue to be thought up for Tomorrowland?

My vote:

Other replacement as these incipid ideas make the future look bleak!

I'm for a complete reconfiguration of that area. Between Starcade, the 3D movie theater, and what is the current queue for Space Mountain ... and what's behind it all (backstage) ..... the entire area needs reformatting to maximize space and not waste any of it - like it is now.
    You have one of the most vivid imaginations I know, Tomorrowland, and I believe that you could make the land more entertaining, thematic and educational.

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    These are dark and troubling visions of the future indeed......

I'd rather have retroland instead.....
    The darkest and most troubling visions too date.

Quote Originally Posted by PipsqueakPion33r View Post
    I would never, ever, ever want something like SGE to come to Disneyland. Captain EO is alright (since I am not the hugest Michael Jackson fan), It was very appropriate that they brought it back in his memory and it is A LOT better than HISTA...but I think it's time for another change. It will be different to have something other than a 3D show be in that area. I could really care less about what they do with it because I know that the imagineers will work hard to not disappoint, but please...don't do another SGE type ride unless they do it correctly.
    Indeed....the Imagineers can create pure magic when their hans are untied, and they have a decent budget to work with.

Whyeveryone hates Justin Bieber?

^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The Bieb is lacking in the aptitude catigory too.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    How about ANYTHING!!! While not my first reason for wanting this attraction replaced, it is, particularly with these latest allegations, insanely inappropriate in the parks now.
    Most Tomorrowland attractions define the term "inappropriate", and "cheapness" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Pretty much sums it up, yet somehow, little girls still treat him like a god.

Anyways, whatever replaces Captain EO, I hope it is very repeatable and not another 4D movie that will go stale after a few visits.
    Watching Wll Ferrell give "the Bieb" repeat clobberin's would provide highly repeatable viewing pleasure for Disneyland guests!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    I wanna see bears dressed up in space suits singing songs like Calling Occupants, Space Oddity, and Rocket Man
    Nothing quite as cool as a suited up space bear. I'd like to see the bears play a rock version of Stauss' "Also Sprach Zarathustra" (music theme for 2001 A Space Odyssey). I can already invision them screaming out their own lyrics inpromptu!

Stauss' "Also Sprach Zarathustra" (music theme for 2001 A Space Odyssey).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3bY3P523TE
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-20-2013 at 04:29 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

haha....lol

I love it!

• Iron-Clad Allie

haha....lol

I love it!
    How about adding to the bears repetoire their own versions of The Final Countdown, Subterranean Homesick Alien, as well as their own enchanting brew guzzling version of Steve Miller's Space Cowboy - The Joker.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I am fully on board for the first two......not sure about Space Cowboy

• Iron-Clad Allie

I am fully on board for the first two......not sure about Space Cowboy
    I catch your drift. i guess that song isn't about the same kind of space that NASA is interested in visiting.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast