View Poll Results: Best Replacement For Captain EO

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Robinsons' 4-D Time Machine (Meet The Robinsons 2.0)

8 20.51%
  • Lone Space Ranger (and Jedi Tonto)

1 2.56%
  • Captain EO 2.0 - Will Farrell (Captain EO) clobbers villainous punk, Justin Bieber

5 12.82%
  • Toon Alien Vs. Toon Preditor (w/ special guest referee, Sigouney Weaver)

2 5.13%
  • Robo Battle (clash between WALL-E & Push, The Talking Trash Can)

1 2.56%
  • Innoventions, The Movie Musical (w/ TomMorrow)

2 5.13%
  • Space Mimes Quietly Save Planet Earth (w/ Lindsey Lohan))

2 5.13%
  • A hybrid of two or more of the above ideas

0 0%
  • Other replacement as these incipid ideas make the future look bleak!

24 61.54%
  • Is Captain EO a Disneyand attraction?

2 5.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Best Replacement For Captain EO....New Version of Stitche's Great Escape?

When the "re-energized" version of Captain EO replaced Honey I Shrunk The Audience in 2010, it was supposed to be temporary. A lot of single white gloves have foated ubder the bridge since then. At this point I think it's safe to assume that HISTA will never return...and I feel that many of you would agree with me that the time is long overdue for a replacement attraction.

I'm thinking that it might be time to dispose of the building and make way for a new attraction and genra. One such possibility would be a new generation tech version of The Magic Kingdom's Stitch's Great Escape.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Re: Best Replacement For Captain EO....New Version of Stitche's Great Escape?

No thanks. Something original please.

• Banned User

No thank you!!!

You want to replace the second worst attraction in any park with the worst attraction in any park?

On one hand, it wouldn't make any difference to me not seeing Capt. EO vs. not seeing SGE. On the other hand, have you lost your mind?

If we have to have stitch, can it be something good and not forced into a previous attraction like SGE? But I'd much rather have an animatronic iron man/stark show like great moments.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

No, thank you: the Florida version is terrible, crass, and aimed at the lowest possible target audience (attractions for kids are fine, and Small World, Peter Pan and etc are charming and appeal to many - Great Escape is never charming), and it's built on the bones of a far superior attraction at Magic Kingdom. I'd much rather have Alien Encounter myself, but that not likely to happen either.

• Closed Account

No. Definitely not Stitch's Great Escape. I am all for getting rid of Captain EO, I might be the only person born in the 1980s who hates Michael Jackson and didn't give a rats when he finally self destructed, but Stitch's Great Escape is not the answer. I couldn't wait for Honey We Shrunk The Audience to leave either. I think if they are going to have any kind of 4D show in the theater, if they insist on keeping it a theater, it has to be something new and popular. Unfortunately, a 4D Tron show or something along those lines would likely be the biggest boost, too bad I don't like Marvel.

• Minion

I would be up to watch Will Farrell clobber Justin Bieber.

• Disneylander

I LOVED Alien Encounter!

• -

Stitch is a horrible ride. I dread every time my kids drag me on it when we go to Florida. I would hate to see it at a park that I actual visit frequently. I would prefer they turn the theater back into an outdoor amphitheater.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    No thanks. Something original please.
    Alrighty, I've created a poll with original ideas galore!

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    No thank you!!!
    Say it isn't so. I thought Stitch would do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyAaron View Post
    You want to replace the second worst attraction in any park with the worst attraction in any park??
    Yes. Leastwise I thought I did.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyAaron View Post
    On one hand, it wouldn't make any difference to me not seeing Capt. EO vs. not seeing SGE. On the other hand, have you lost your mind?
    ....and again "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    If we have to have stitch, can it be something good and not forced into a previous attraction like SGE? But I'd much rather have an animatronic iron man/stark show like great moments.
    Great Moments With Tony Stark....I love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    No, thank you: the Florida version is terrible, crass, and aimed at the lowest possible target audience (attractions for kids are fine, and Small World, Peter Pan and etc are charming and appeal to many - Great Escape is never charming), and it's built on the bones of a far superior attraction at Magic Kingdom. I'd much rather have Alien Encounter myself, but that not likely to happen either.
    Alien encounter would indeed be an awesome attraction. I loved the alien plushies that they used to sell!

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    No. Definitely not Stitch's Great Escape. I am all for getting rid of Captain EO, I might be the only person born in the 1980s who hates Michael Jackson and didn't give a rats when he finally self destructed, but Stitch's Great Escape is not the answer. I couldn't wait for Honey We Shrunk The Audience to leave either. I think if they are going to have any kind of 4D show in the theater, if they insist on keeping it a theater, it has to be something new and popular. Unfortunately, a 4D Tron show or something along those lines would likely be the biggest boost, too bad I don't like Marvel.
    Well, I have a few suggestions in the poll I just posted.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-19-2013 at 10:25 AM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I would be up to watch Will Farrell clobber Justin Bieber.
    It would be a Will-ful act of wonderfulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbo34 View Post
    I LOVED Alien Encounter!
    Alien Encounter is a dead-on hit with me as well. Perhaps DL can get Japan to go in with them on building an upgraded one, like they did with Star Tours: The Adventure Continues. How about Alien Encounter: The Sliming Continues?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-18-2013 at 02:10 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Stitch is a horrible ride. I dread every time my kids drag me on it when we go to Florida. I would hate to see it at a park that I actual visit frequently. I would prefer they turn the theater back into an outdoor amphitheater.
    Perhaps we could have a Lilo & Stitch Hawaiian Luau and sing-along at the new outdoor amphitheater.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

It's really a no-brainer for me:

The Space Bear Jamboree

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    It's really a no-brainer for me:

The Space Bear Jamboree

Second vote for this great idea!! Ha ha... definitely put a huge smile on my face, thank you for that!

Seriously, this is super valuable original Disneyland real estate period. Therefore, my vote goes for a complete re-construction along with a outstanding original E sized attraction please.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast