• Unhelpful User

Would you like too see an underground attraction in DCA? And if so Where!

Disneyland has a couple of them,which is why I think these attractions are great and classic at the same time , for me I just think That DCA needs one of these underground attractions to make DCA have an all time classic attraction what do you think and where in DCA would you like too see one ! the Carthay circle would of been perfect for a underground attraction like a Snow White and the seven dwarfs ride , but of course the one in fantasy land would have to go please share your thoughts!

• Senior Minion

Re: Would you like too see an underground attraction in DCA? And if so Where!

The subs are the only ride that's really somewhat underground and that's by necessity. PotC is mostly above ground, the grade around it is raised so you actually enter the second level of the first building. Anyway, it's difficult to build below ground, so they're not likely to do it. There are lots of issues with egress and ventilation that make it prohibitively expensive. If they had a specific reason to try and keep the height of an attraction low or needed the space they might build a basement level to an attraction, but I can't see them putting an entire attraction underground.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

ORGOCH: I'd like ta have 'em build an underground outhouse. Might be an attraction all in itself if'n they went an' did that!

• Rock Star Minion

Probably couldn't build it anywhere in the park. Carsland would have been perfect. And the rest of the parking lot.
    Could build a tunnel under Disneyland Drive to a new land.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

I don't know about underground attractions, but I WOULD like to see Goofys Sky School fall in a sink hole.

• Certified in everything

The fact that PotC and HM are at least considered to be underground isn't what makes those rides great attractions.

If you're asking whether DCA needs an attraction of the same caliber as those rides then I think the answer is yes. But the fact that a ride is underground isn't necessarily the make-it or break-it (see Nemo).
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    The fact that PotC and HM are at least considered to be underground isn't what makes those rides great attractions.

If you're asking whether DCA needs an attraction of the same caliber as those rides then I think the answer is yes. But the fact that a ride is underground isn't necessarily the make-it or break-it (see Nemo).
    Great points and answer

Any ride underground in Toon Town? they could build underground there... Our family has all but forgotten about TT.

Oops - query was for DCA. But TT could use some help.
    Last edited by patton45; 06-22-2013 at 07:32 AM.

A mining ride in the golden state would be really interesting to represent the gold rush and mining work of the American (specifically Californian) and Canadian coasts.

• formerly very helpful

Any good attraction would be welcome.

• We Go On.

OP, if your definition of underground is PotC, HM, and Indy, I believe both Soarin' Over California and Space Mountain are far deeper underground than any of those.