• really is a small world

Post Using Priceline to Find a Disneyland Hotel

Hi MiceChatters!

Have any of you used Priceline to find a great Disneyland hotel. Most information I found online was out dated. I would love any advice.
    Welcome to DisneyDose.com. We write about the latest in Disney news, views, and reviews. Come check us out.

We recently spent 3 Epic hours in Disneyland and went to Club 33, had a private elevator in the Haunted Mansion, and rode all of our favorite attractions. Read all about it!

"It is kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

Re: Using Priceline to Find a Disneyland Hotel

Betterbidding usually has wins.

I don't think dl pl hotels are great. We were at crowne plaza in may & I hated the shuttle. $100/day.

Anaheim desert inn has cheap rooms with planning. That's where we're staying next time. Also like bw inn & suites. $108+ tax.

• -

I had a great experience with Priceline last weekend. I had a $120/night room for $60. The room had two bedrooms, one with a king size bed for my wife and I and the other with bunk beds for the kids.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Blew By You

I'm an AAA member and use their services. We recently booked a Marriott Residence Inn on Clementine Ave. It's walking distance to Disneyland.

I actually find some great deals on Hotwire. It's similar to Priceline in that you don't the hotel you are booking but the price is there, you just don't bid. We got a room at the Clarion for the D23 which is actually located right next to the convention center and for only 65/night. That hotel is decent to!

• Mistress of Evil

I like to use lastminutetravel.com. Usually, you can get a code to join their club for free which offers more savings. I can typically get the Marriott Fairfield Inn for $85+tax or the Red Lion Inn for $65+tax.

• Closed Account

We never had luck with Priceline in the Anaheim area. We use the AAA discount, and always stay at the Anaheim Marriott. It's on the ART route which is nice. The room by itself with the discount is $99 or with buffet for up to four people (two adults and two kids, they won't substitute), ART tickets for four (two adults and two kids, or they will give you cash for them), and parking for $119-$139 depending on the day of the week. We love it there, it's our home away from home.

• Circle of Ancients

We used to get Priceline rooms for around $50 a night a few years back. It seems like the last few years those are harder and harder to come by.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

We have used both Priceline when taking last minute trips. Otherwise, our AAA discount and enough advance notice get us the hotels we are looking for or we use Hotwire. There are a number of sites that you can use to see what recent winning bids were. I think to effectively use Priceline bidding, you have to be uber aware of the area hotels so that when you bid a category in an area, you know what you may end up with. We have bid several times and are usually happy with what we have since we know that in paying less, we give up control on some features, like free parking or breakfast. For quick trips cost outweighs obtaining specific options. We have paid around $50-$60 for a decent 3 to 3 1/2 star, with the extra fees for parking and resort keeping the price decent. We have also received standard rooms for less than $30 in the 2 star category, lucking out by having a hotels that actually provided a decent included breakfast at times and low parking/resort fees. The main thing to remember with Priceline is that when you bid, it is often for a room with a single bed. Sometimes they will put you into a room with two beds if that is all the hotel has. At times you may request a room with two beds, but sometimes that may come with additional cost. Since our daughter is still relatively small, this usually doesn't present to much of a problem in making up something for her to sleep on, especially on a one day stay where we spend most of the time in the parks.

For long trips or when we want a bit more assurance that it will work for what we want, we use the Hotwire "secret" hotels, or book ahead with hotels directly. A little due diligence with the Hotwire offerings can usually clue you into which hotel the masked hotel is. We recently went to LA and booked this way which put us into a very nice 3 1/2 star business hotel at $45 a night with an added $11 valet parking (self was $10) and no resort fees.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    I'm an AAA member and use their services. We recently booked a Marriott Residence Inn on Clementine Ave. It's walking distance to Disneyland.
    What kind of discount do AAA members get? We are AAA members but usually just go on hotels.com and look for the cheapest. I'll also book a hotel once we know we are going on the trip and constantly look on hotels.com (usually weekly) to see if the prices dropped. If they drop, we book at the new price and cancel the old reservation.

I haven't tried priceline or hotwire as I'm afraid it will ruin the experience if the hotel is bad.

• Blew By You

Quote Originally Posted by John Keola Lessary View Post
    What kind of discount do AAA members get? We are AAA members but usually just go on hotels.com and look for the cheapest. I'll also book a hotel once we know we are going on the trip and constantly look on hotels.com (usually weekly) to see if the prices dropped. If they drop, we book at the new price and cancel the old reservation.
    I haven't tried priceline or hotwire as I'm afraid it will ruin the experience if the hotel is bad.
    The discount is on par with all the other services, roughly about 10%, but I literally grew up with AAA. I guess it's more loyality to AAA. I tried travelocity and hotels.com, but since the discounts were almost identical and I pay for AAA membership, I felt more comfortable using their services. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    The discount is on par with all the other services, roughly about 10%, but I literally grew up with AAA. I guess it's more loyality to AAA. I tried travelocity and hotels.com, but since the discounts were almost identical and I pay for AAA membership, I felt more comfortable using their services. Hope this helps.
    Perfect. Thanks. I feel the same way about hotels.com, only because I'm used to using it. I'd love to stay in a nicer hotel but I'm not willing to pay the price. We've been staying at Edon Roc Inn and it has become our home away from home. Not the greatest one around, by a long shot, but the prices we got average $50/night and that's hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyApprentice View Post
    Hi MiceChatters!

Have any of you used Priceline to find a great Disneyland hotel. Most information I found online was out dated. I would love any advice.
    You can go to bidding for travel . com and scope out what bids are winning. I've done the priceline thing in Anaheim many many times and I dont think I've ever paid more than $65 for a 3.5 star room. Usually much less. Start your bidding early at $45 and go up from there.

Also,

The only time I've ever been burnt on a room through PL is going down to 3 stars. Always bid on at least 3.5 star properties.