Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: If Walt Came Back To Life...

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    He'd say "braiiiiiiiiiiiins grrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
    He'd be a zombie and zombies don't think
    He'd attack guests and eat their brains

come on people... not like this is the first episode of Walking Dead and no one knows what's going to happen here. He's dead, somehow he came back to life. Even genie said it ain't pretty!
    Glad im not the only one thinking it!

He would:

- Fix Tomorrowland, Frontierland & Toontown with new imaginative E tickets not based on films

- Increase CM pay to minimum 30k per year. Increase CM training.

- Lower ticket prices to $45 a day so all children can experience the park

- Have a golf game with George Zimmer and talk about what it is like to be a founder of a company that is dismissed by its board of directors.

• Former ODV/SE CM

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post
    He would:

I'm pretty sure if pay goes up then ticket prices will skyrocket.

From this article, Cast Members Turned Couples at the Disneyland Resort « Disney Parks Blog , it says there are 25,000 cast members. At an average of $30,000 per year that is $750,000,000 in pay every year.
    I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

Quote Originally Posted by churros9 View Post
    I'm pretty sure if pay goes up then ticket prices will skyrocket.

I believe you would be quite correct on that.

That would be why Walt and George Zimmer would have plenty of time to play golf and discuss how founders of a company often have very little operational control once the company is public and controlled by a BOD.

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Good opinions, keep em comin'!
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    He'd say "braiiiiiiiiiiiins grrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
    He'd be a zombie and zombies don't think
    He'd attack guests and eat their brains
    If (Uncle) George A. Romero was running the show ZombieWalt would be slowly shambling around, vaguely noticing things are not quite the same but not fully cognizant of all that's going on around him. We'd eventually feel empathy for him, despite his randomly chomping on guests here and there. Considering his slow speed he wouldn't make it much further than halfway down Main Street before being felled by security with a swift bonk on the head.

If Dan O'Bannon was running the show then ZombieWalt would be running around screaming in pain (O'Bannon's Crohn's disease/pain killers being the origin of the screaming zombie/brains connection) probably not noticing much as he tears through the crowds. Much panic and mayhem would ensue and this ZombieWalt would make it considerably further considering his speed and the fact that O'Bannon zombies can't be stopped with a simple hit on the head ("You mean the movie lied?!?").

But if we're talking about the old rumors of Walt being put into deep freeze it would be more like those movies where they thaw out a presumed-dead evil war criminal to run amuck once more, so let's say he would be unfrozen by a small but dedicated team (one of whom is a scientist with a sketchy accent and one of whom wears an eye patch) and stay in hiding until he can engineer his return back to power. "Disneyland is mine!!!! ALLL MINE!!!! MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!" Oh wait, that's what we'd want to see.
    Last edited by bigcatrik; 07-08-2013 at 12:34 PM.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Lets say he came back today, was shown the new movies, given the history of DCA, i think the most changed he would make would be in the food and merchandise, he would understand times have changed but there is a way to balance the old and the new. i think he would expand tomorrowland, update frontierland and spare no expenses in restoring Main Street and NOS to have unique shops and restaurants and not the mall its turned into, i doubt the price would go down but he would make it worth that price 100%. Thats my opinion

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

I think he'd get a kick out of seeing New Orleans Square completed and seeing the two new lands that have been added since then.

Is it wrong that I'd take Walt on the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh just to see if he'd yell something like "why is this character named Poo?"

• Sock Puppet

I'm going in horror movie mode on this one

Deep in the dark forest an unmarked grave sits, no name, no tombstone
    SUDDENLY A HAND ARISES FROM THE ASH!!

A man dressed in a black suit, wearing black pants, with black dress shoes rises...
    Black mouse stache hair slicked back, his only mission? FIND DISNEYLAND

writers block....To be continued

• Former Churro Jockey

He'd realize that he can't do business in the US the way that he wants to, and he'd move to another country where where he could build a quality product that does make money, but doesn't squeeze every possible penny and then some out of every aspect of a project, and then demand more on top of that. Somewhere where he can take a bold risk even though all of the experts say it can't be done and be free to fail if it doesn't work out, but also be free to succeed beyond his wildest dreams.

By the way, if anyone knows what country that is, let me know, because I would love to move there too!!!!
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    It's hard to really guage what Walt might say about Disneyland, but I think if I put myself in his place, it's easier to surmise what my reaction might be.

I think upon walking into the park, I'd be pretty darned impressed that Main Street remains almost exactly as it was nearly fifty years ago. And Mr. Lincoln... we finally got him down pat. I'd be pleased to see the Castle still there, with an updated, state-of-the-art walkthrough. I might be a little shell-shocked at Fantasy Faire, but it's something I would probably come around to. But I'd have quite a few questions about it. I think I'd be very happy with Adventureland and NOS, though I'd have to wonder what the deal is with this Jack Sparrow guy in POTC. It'd be heartwarming to see families still enjoying the Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise. I'd probably love Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain, and I'd smile to see the Mark Twain and Columbia still circling the ROA. I'd wonder what in the heck happened to my beloved Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland, but I'd see the appeal in BTMRR. Why is there no great show in the Golden Horseshoe? I'd be quite impressed with the New Fantasyland with the new facades and tweaks to the dark rides. I'd be glad to see the Storybookland Canal boats and Casey Jr. still running. I'd wonder why it's a small world has these old and new characters in it... that was never the intent. The Matterhorn looks great, but where is the Skyway? ToonTown would amuse me, but I'd have to ask what could make it even better. I think Tomorrowland would depress me somewhat, as my hope for it to be a beacon of a promising and bright future would be missing. And there would be little in it to inspire the imagination. Star Tours would be neat, Space Mountain would be fun, but the rest would be quite lackluster. And why is the PeopleMover track just there with nothing going on? This land should be the top priority to get turned around and put back on the right path.
    ^This! Oh yes, this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post
    He would:

- Fix Tomorrowland, Frontierland & Toontown with new imaginative E tickets not based on films

- Have a golf game with George Zimmer and talk about what it is like to be a founder of a company that is dismissed by its board of directors.
    While someone stated earlier that by increasing the CM's pay, it would increase ticket prices, I offer this: if we are "dreaming" then why couldn't we include in that dream a CEO and/or CFO that knew how to cut fringe costs (i.e. worthless expenditures, shutting down departments that don't work or that could be combined with others, etc) and reallocating those funds to better their employees lives - especially CM's at their stores, parks, etc. Worth the dream, isn't it?
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Walt would come back, and first check if Dianne is holding onto a lot of Disney shares for him... If not Walt would have no control over Disney the corporation, and no control over the fate of Disneyland. If Walt visited Disneyland, it would be a bitter-sweet moment, especially if he doesn't have influence on the board anymore. If Walt cannot get back into The Walt Disney CO. he would walk away and bring his talent to somebody who appreciates it; or found a new company which would soon be more revolutionary than anything seen in a long time.

Or we could go the zombie route, BRAAAIIIINNNNNSSSS.....

If he came back to life, I guess you'd regret burying him in the Pet Cemetery, huh?
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• Banned User

If he came back to life he would probably yelling at the board of directors for not greenlighting some epic Star Wars and Marvel rides by now!

• Ducksketeer

If Walt came back to life he would take down his statue and just leave Mickey.

...and I hope he would call Eisner up on the phone give him a piece of his mind.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast