Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

If Walt Came Back To Life...

If Walt Disney came back to life, what would he say, think, and do?

What would he say about Disneyland now, fastpasses, California Adventure, the other Disneylands, PIXAR, newer Disney movies (Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Tarzan, Mulan, etc.)

Would he make more Disney movies? Would he tear down some of our favorite rides to put in new ones? (Cinderella, Robin Hood..) Would he bring back old favorites? (Carousel of Progress, Skyway, Peoplemover, Adventure Thru Inner Space, (after he watches the show): Country Bear Jamboree maybe ..)

Please think about it, because I want to know your opinion and it will be entertaining for everyone!
    Enjoy!
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

Re: If Walt Came Back To Life...

Well, this is pretty hard to think about. Originally, Walt didn't want another Disneyland-like theme park in Florida when he was planning EPCOT. Instead, he wanted his orignal park to stay unique and exclusive to California at that time. But, when he passed away, the company lost their great creative leader and the company has grown more corporate after Eisner took over the company in 1984 resulting in many good and bad changes.

I think Walt would plus up and enhance the current attractions at Disneyland like POTC, HM, SM, IASW without any movie tie-ins and Disney characters as he does want to brand the Disney name onto the original classic attractions. He would not replace these large elaborate attractions since he knows the guests and audiences around the world would experience it again and again in future generations. So in doing so, he can enhance old attractions and build new if he had acquired more land and acre to the park. But it was hard for him at that time due to many city regulations and those tacky motels near Disneyland that he doesn't like.

If Walt lived longer, let's say to age of late 80's, then Disneyland would be a lot bigger than before with many new original attractions and some movie inspired attractions as well. There would be no California Adventure and each Disney theme park around the world would not be based on the original Disneyland. However, his EPCOT plans would be not approved due to a number of large reasons to the Florida government.

So, Walt would probably make a large Disney park that is not based on Disneyland but something inspired, unique, and original.

Walt Disney World would be called Disney World if he was alive, but I don't know about his brother, Roy. Since he died in 1971 several months after the Magic Kingdom opened.

• Co-Host of USWP

If Walt were alive today he wouldn't care much or be interested in any theme parks, animation, etc. Walt was always moving forward, and once he was done with DL he was pretty much done with theme parks.

Walt was continually looking for the ultimate in synergistic artistic experiences. It shows in everything he did, his entire history as a creative entity. The entire reason for building Epcot was to be for its possibilities in fraternal artistic cooperation and for bringing together diverse talents and abilities for their synergy in creativity...as well as satisfying his God complex in building the ultimate controllable environment.

For a good idea of what Walt was like and what his priorities would have been I recommend Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination by Neal Gabler. It is a very good book and has the distinction of being one of the few books endorsed by Disney itself. In fact, I bought my copy in DCA.

• world class bilge rat

If Walt came back to life and saw that TDC has reduced his creation to nothing more than a cash cow, I'm pretty sure he would have some sort of a heart attack and be dead again.

I think he would be proud of some of the new rides, others he would just shake his head and walk away.

I also think he would be especially proud of the fact that a lot of the original rides are still there.

But I'm pretty sure that if it were in his power, there would be a TON of suits looking for a new job.

• Co-Host of USWP

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    If Walt came back to life and saw that TDC has reduced his creation to nothing more than a cash cow, I'm pretty sure he would have some sort of a heart attack and be dead again.

I think he would be proud of some of the new rides, others he would just shake his head and walk away.

I also think he would be especially proud of the fact that a lot of the original rides are still there.

But I'm pretty sure that if it were in his power, there would be a TON of suits looking for a new job.
    Ha ha ha! Awesome post and so very true. However, after he cleaned house he'd promptly move on to the next project....

• Minion

...he would say, "Wow. There's no imagination left in the world."

• Queen Elsa

He probelly would drop the ticket prices some not have them this high of a price that nobody can enjoy his park. Yes he will have to rise it but not like this he may of rise price like every 5 or 10 years not evey year like they do now.

• Disneyland History Lover

It's hard to really guage what Walt might say about Disneyland, but I think if I put myself in his place, it's easier to surmise what my reaction might be.

I think upon walking into the park, I'd be pretty darned impressed that Main Street remains almost exactly as it was nearly fifty years ago. And Mr. Lincoln... we finally got him down pat. I'd be pleased to see the Castle still there, with an updated, state-of-the-art walkthrough. I might be a little shell-shocked at Fantasy Faire, but it's something I would probably come around to. But I'd have quite a few questions about it. I think I'd be very happy with Adventureland and NOS, though I'd have to wonder what the deal is with this Jack Sparrow guy in POTC. It'd be heartwarming to see families still enjoying the Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise. I'd probably love Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain, and I'd smile to see the Mark Twain and Columbia still circling the ROA. I'd wonder what in the heck happened to my beloved Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland, but I'd see the appeal in BTMRR. Why is there no great show in the Golden Horseshoe? I'd be quite impressed with the New Fantasyland with the new facades and tweaks to the dark rides. I'd be glad to see the Storybookland Canal boats and Casey Jr. still running. I'd wonder why it's a small world has these old and new characters in it... that was never the intent. The Matterhorn looks great, but where is the Skyway? ToonTown would amuse me, but I'd have to ask what could make it even better. I think Tomorrowland would depress me somewhat, as my hope for it to be a beacon of a promising and bright future would be missing. And there would be little in it to inspire the imagination. Star Tours would be neat, Space Mountain would be fun, but the rest would be quite lackluster. And why is the PeopleMover track just there with nothing going on? This land should be the top priority to get turned around and put back on the right path.
    Last edited by Princess Victoria; 06-21-2013 at 12:28 AM.

• Master Gracey's Music Man

In my opinion he would feel a combination of both happy and angry (Or disappointed).
    Happy in that people continue to come to enjoy the place he created for the purpose it was created for. Angry/Disappointed in how certain things within the business had turned. Things such as the frequency of rising ticket prices, proper crowd maintenance, CM morale (in certain aspects), and even ideas in regards to certain attractions against enhancing existing ones.

Walt was definitely thinking forward, yet at the same time he knew the value of enhancement to things that were doing well. I'm certain that with regards to the more modern attractions he would have probably looked at them from a different angle while keeping an open mind.

Sorry if this sounds like a ramble but it was what came to mind when I read this. XP
    Des douze coups de minuit aux matines sonnantes,
    Nous valserons ensemble, macabre débutante.

• Nic

This would be such a cool prompt for a novel!

I think Walt would be absolutely enchanted with -

• Toontown - the Imagineers took simple characters he created and created a whole, detailed, town
    • Indiana - obvious reasons
    • Cars Land - obvious reasons
    • Lack of Disney - I feel as if he would have predicted every single attraction in the park turning Disney; while more than a few have, several keep their originality.
    • Overall Resort - Walt's Disneyland was nothing more than Disneyland and a few motels; Disneyland isn't on par with WDW's size, it definitely is a resort now.
    • Buena Vista Street - Buena Vista Street is a love letter to Walt's Los Angeles, I think he'd scorn the original entrance, but highly praise the new one.
    • The Food - correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't much of the food of Disneyland in Walt's time cafes, outdoor vendors, small scale restaurants? I think he'd be thrilled with how Napa Rose, Carthay Circle, Blue Bayou, etc. take amusement park food to a whole new level.

I won't go into detail about what he wouldn't like, but I think certain attractions, lack of effort on previous attractions, Cast Member decline, and price would p/o Walt.

I'd also love to hear his take on the whole "Disabled Tour Guide" scandal.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Greetings, Program!

"Who the hell is 'Hannah Montana'?"
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Co-Host of USWP

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    No he wouldn't have her at all and he wouldn't have any pictures up in his park when he would fine out what trash she has become.

he would be ashamed

• "I Break Things"

He'd say "braiiiiiiiiiiiins grrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
    He'd be a zombie and zombies don't think
    He'd attack guests and eat their brains

come on people... not like this is the first episode of Walking Dead and no one knows what's going to happen here. He's dead, somehow he came back to life. Even genie said it ain't pretty!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast