Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Best deals for food in Disneyland

You can even find good deals at the sit down restaurant. At Blue Bayou, I ordered the Monte Cristo Sandwich, which was $25. However, it was enough food for 2 meals so I had lunch and dinner that day for a combined total of $25, so not too bad.

I like the little cups of pretzels and hummus, along side a package of mango or strawberries.

• Selfie Expert

Also consider that the same corn dogs from the Red Wagon are available at the Stage Door Cafe, with the added benefits of (usually) shorter lines and tablets.

The corn dog is, in my opinion, the best deal for your money. It's large, yummy, and relatively inexpensive.

As others have said, a lot of the meals (i.e. Plaza Inn chicken) are large enough to share, and are also yummy! They're more money per plate, but if split between two people it's a great way to stretch your budget.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

The two best options I have found equate to quantity versus price. Basically how much food you get for your money.

With that said, the pasta and chicken dish at Redd Rockets (and whatever the pizza/pasta place is called at DCA) is a ton of carbs and protein for about 8. I am 6'5" and it fills me up. It could probably be split.

Second the combo platter at Rancho del Zocallo with steak, tortillas, enchilada rice and beans for about $12 is enough to again fill me or split.

HTH

This is the summary of our $37.50 lunch & dinner budget for two. We did it! DL TR 5/18-22/13 - Anaheim Forum - TripAdvisor

The best deals IMO are the salad or pasta at Boardwalk Pizza; tacos at Rancho del Zocalo (I'm sure their other plates are probably good deals too); chili dog at Coke Corner seemed to be the best value for that item-they were smaller & less chili at other hot dog stands. We got chili at Harbour Galley. It's likely all the soup bread bowls are a good deal. The salads in a bread boule are not a good idea in my budget conscious mind.

We always bring in a water bottle with lemon flavor packets to add. I usually just add ice to the bottle as it melts quickly. Best places for ice are Rancho del Zocalo and Boardwalk Pizza IMO.

We tried to decrease our snacks such as cotton candy, pretzels & cheese, ice cream & dolewhip. Except for cotton candy we did get each of those items but in low quantity. It's just a better deal to share a $9 pasta than get a $4 dole whip & $5 ice cream.

Happy planning!

• Selfie Expert

The sundried tomato pasta at Boardwalk Pizza is my husband's favorite! Really yummy, a large quantity, and a bit of chicken to keep you full. We also have split platters from Rancho del Zocalo a couple times and found them to be both satisfying and delicious. I second smartlabelprint's suggestions!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I was really surprised with Cocina Cucamonga. I got tortillas, a chicken tomale, carne asada steak, rice, and beans for $12. It was delicious, too.
    I want to go there and eat such a yummy Disneyland food

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyT123 View Post
    What's the best food deal in Disneyland? Everything tastes good( after all it is Disneyland.) But what is your opinion on the best deal?
    There is a window next to Pirates of the Caribbean that sells either steak gumbo or clam chowder in a sourdough bowl for about $6 or $7 which is a pretty good deal for a filling and delicious meal.

Flo's in Cars Land in California Adventure is also a good option (for breakfast, lunch or dinner).

Downtown Disney probably has even better options than in the parks. Alot of people swear by Earl of Sandwich. I like the Jazz Kitchen Express.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTwo View Post
    There is a window next to Pirates of the Caribbean that sells either steak gumbo or clam chowder in a sourdough bowl for about $6 or $7 which is a pretty good deal for a filling and delicious meal.

Flo's in Cars Land in California Adventure is also a good option (for breakfast, lunch or dinner).

Downtown Disney probably has even better options than in the parks. Alot of people swear by Earl of Sandwich. I like the Jazz Kitchen Express.
    Get it all the time. Extremely good and they even have packets of Tabasco to spice things up a bit! And....really filling.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    You can even find good deals at the sit down restaurant. At Blue Bayou, I ordered the Monte Cristo Sandwich, which was $25. However, it was enough food for 2 meals so I had lunch and dinner that day for a combined total of $25, so not too bad.
    Never had one...do they live up to the hype?
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTwo View Post
    The soups in bread boules are $9.29 now. Disneyland Resort Menus

You can also get the monte cristo at cafe Orleans..,its great with pommes frittes and there is soo much food! My husband and I couldn't finish it. Also I believe it's cheaper at the cafe Orleans location

When I do a "quickie" (picking up work supplies (or Beads Beads), run to Disneyland for a couple hours before heading home), I do it on the cheap.... a hot dog at the place at the end of Main Street (don't remember name) and a diet soda from the cart... the hot dogs are great! and just the serving to not be too filling for walking the park... I love the corn dogs but, too much food...
    If you are lunching with a friend, we often split a sandwich and each a salad at Story Tellers...
    we haven't tried the lunches at Holiday yet but the menu looks promising and looks like a good price.
    Starbuck's makes good sandwiches too.... I don't know about you but my friends must think I am a coffee fiend... Starbuck's gift cards = free lunch ;-)

• Sock Puppet

The Boardwalk in DCA, you can split pasta between 2 people. You'll be full and it's delicious!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12