Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best deals for food in Disneyland

What's the best food deal in Disneyland? Everything tastes good( after all it is Disneyland.) But what is your opinion on the best deal?

• The doctor is in

Re: Best deals for food in Disneyland

I think the walk-up food will give you the best value. For $5-6 you can get a corn dog with chips or sliced apples. Obviously drinks add additional money to that, but that is easily avoidable. Also places like Hungry Bear, French Market, Golden Horseshoe, and stuff like that will usually give you a decent amount of food for about $14 or less depending on what you get.

Basically, anything you get to eat that isn't at a sit-down service restaurant will give you a better deal. The same goes for DCA.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Corn dogs from the Red Wagon are the best deal. Especially if you have kids. 2-3 kids can share a single corn dog because they are so big and filling.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I just started a blog on this very thing. You can check it out here..it is only in the beginning stages but there is some good information Visiting Disneyland on a budget: A Blog Begins...
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    Corn dogs from the Red Wagon are the best deal. Especially if you have kids. 2-3 kids can share a single corn dog because they are so big and filling.
    I agree. If you're in DCA make a pit stop at the Corn Dog Castle next to Goofy's Sky School.

• Minion

Definitely the corn dogs at Corndog Wagon on Main Street. They are quite filling, and they can almost make a meal on their own. The price is lower than most other food places at Disneyland, so I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by frollofan; 06-21-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: grammar error

Bengal BBQ is my favorite ...about $8 for a meat skewer and a veggie skewer.

• A Happy Haunt

Plaza Inn fried Chicken. Ask for all white and you will get two huge breasts, green beans, biscuit and mashed potatoes. Add a drink and free refills. Best value in the park. Kind of healthy too. Enhance the healthy by asking for all green beans and no bun, peel the fried skin off. Boom!

its filling and provides energy your body will appreciate the whole day.

you can opt for a salad there also, if that's your thing.

Ive found it the best food value in the parks.

if you have an AP or PAP, you will get a terrific discount

Cream cheese pretzels and I agree about the plaza inn fried chicken! Great value!

Watermelon slices!!! They are cool to cold, full of sweet juice, water and vitamins. Remember to grab napkins, find a place to sit and lean out a bit so that it don't dribble down your shirt. Great healthy value for the price

I have to reiterate Corndog Castle & Bengel BBQ. My family is small, so we can split a turkey leg & call it a cheap meal. Same with the huge portions at Rancho del Zocallo. I think the Coca-Cola Refreshment place has decent prices too. And of course, you can get any meal without the chips or soda, and that saves you a couple bucks per meal.
    Last edited by oodelally; 06-22-2013 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Wrong Restaurant

I might be in the minority here, but I think the steak gumbo is a pretty solid deal. We always get it for lunch and I'm always full and never finish my bread bowl (as much as I want to) and I don't feel gross after I eat it.

• Capt without a ship...

I like the Bengal BBQ and Flo's Diner. Every time we go to Flo's we clean our plates. Good food and the right amount.

• Splash Enthusiast

Everything's actually a pretty good deal. Especially compared to going to a sporting event or other theme parks.

You can easily split the fried chicken meal with another person. Same with the monte cristo and pommes frites from Cafe Orleans.

$10 for a burger and onion rings from the Hungry Bear isn't a bad deal compared to other SoCal burger joints. Corn dogs are good for $6.

The Cove Bar isn't terrible either. $13 for lobster nachos that are gigantic and $10 for a pound of buffalo wings.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    Same with the huge portions at Cocina Cucamonga.
    I was really surprised with Cocina Cucamonga. I got tortillas, a chicken tomale, carne asada steak, rice, and beans for $12. It was delicious, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast