Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Cheapest Stuff in the park

Yeah, remember to unclip your ears on some of the coasters. I lost an ear on California Screamin', luckily my friend behind me got hit with it and caught it LOL

• Blew By You

Aren't the pressed pennies 51 cents? I'm not sure of the prices of postcards too.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I know that every once in a while we have found a discount shelf in various merchandise shops (the most at the Main Street Emporium). It was at one there that we bought DD a clearance backpack and my Hubby a sweatshirt that was over half off. Admittedly, it has been over a year since we have seen something like that, so unsure if they are still doing it. We do take advantage of AP deals at times, like when we bought $50 worth of merchandise (in one case a hat for each of the adults) and got the Glow with the show hat for free for DD.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

the Fortunes on Main Street,NOS and Adventureland.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Nothing can really beat the merch at the character warehouse about a mile away from the park...some of what they have is Godawful but I've found last year's ear hats, keychains, shirts, lanyards and other goodies there for very reasonable prices...
    The Character Warehouses (now Depot) are closing down. Today is the first day of their going out of business sale with everything 50-90% off. Their address is 227 Orangefair Mall, Fullerton, CA 92832.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

Well that explains the shoddy set-up there. I had not been to the Character Warehouse in a long time but decided to go earlier today. The place used to be really good, years ago I managed to get almost every pin in the DL attractions series for a fraction of the cost. There was nothing in there that I couldn't live without so I left.
    Maybe a different Disney outlet will come along. The Disney Store outlet in Camarillo, CA is not bad-but it's a mix of clearance and regular priced merchandise.
    If you have a friend who happens to be a Cast Member, the Company D store (DL) is the best. Nearly everything starts at half off.

Biggest bang for your buck is probably a Dole Whip.
    Pineapply Deliciousness for less than the price of a Churro.

• Vidia's Minion

Ponchos are only 7.99 (I think) but uh I only get to use mine a couple times a year at DL :-p

I like the little buttons they sell in the DTD store, also like some magnets and I like some of the make your own jewelry beads..I buy a few and design my own jewelry. And I am definitely a sucker for some coffee mugs but uber picky about them. IMO they aren't exactly cheap but a good buy.

The pressed pennies are a good souvenir and cost little.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

Postcards are great too. They are not as cheap as they used to be, but they make nice souvenirs nonetheless. One read through the excellent Disneyland:The Nickel Tour and you're hooked to postcard collecting.
    I also like the stickers that the CM's sometimes hand out. They are usually given to kids, but if you ask politely they might give you one.

• i believe in faeries.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    We splurged this last trip and stayed at the DL Hotel so we got some "free" stuff. We got luggage tags (4), one ride photo, 4 pins and 4 lanyards, and deals on Ridemakerz and some other offers we didn't make use of. Not cheap stuff within the park but just thought I'd mention it for information sake.
    we got the same stuff for booking on the disneyland website, even tho it was a good neighbour hotel.

the cheapest thing ive purchased in disneyland is the specific sized refill for the bubble gun with the lights on it. i believe it was .97 cents. with AP discount i think it came down to 80 something cents.

this was way back 2 weeks ago but can anyone confirm this price?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12