Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

why is there no Giselle from Enchanted in the parks?

I know she is not a princess really, but I like the character. I'd like to see her there. Enchanted was a cute movie.

• Closed Account

Re: why is there no Giselle from Enchanted in the parks?

I've heard that it was because of legal reasons, something to do with Amy Adams not wanting her likeness in the parks. I don't know if that's a rumor or the truth, but it's what I've been hearing for a couple years. I love Enchanted, it's a real shame!

• Minion

ORWEN: I'd like to see Giselle out for meetings and greetings, too, gtshouthard, duckling. Us cauldron girls asked around to find out why she isn't out any more and we were told that the puffy white signature wedding dress she wore in the parks when Enchanted first came out is too difficult to be maintained. It can only be worn in parades but can't be worn for meet and greets.

ORDDU: That's when we suggested that Giselle be allowed to wear one of her other outfits, such as the pink one or the blue and white one. We received no answer about that--other than to be told our suggestions would be 'passed on'.

ORWEN: I suspect the real reason they don't have Giselle out is because of money.

ORDDU: If you notice it, there has been a cut back on the number of characters seen in the parks these days. Merlin is gone. Eeyore is gone--in Florida at least, Hercules is gone and I'm sure many of you could name others. In a rough economy Disney Management only allows the characters whom they consider to be the most popular to be out and about these days. While this is understandable from a business point of view, it's disappointing to fans of various characters who want to see their personal favorites.

ORWEN: Over in Hong Kong Disneyland it's even worse. They've stopped having Rapunzel out, along with Marie--who used to be a regular--and I believe Merlin is gone now, too.

• Minion

ORDDU: I also wanted to add that the contract Disney signed with Amy Adams was in regard to merchandise. Amy didn't want her likeness to be used for dolls or figurines beyond a certain point. But this had nothing to do with whether or not the character of Giselle could be seen in the Disney theme parks or not. They wouldn't have to pay royalties to Amy in regard to that--any more than they would have to pay royalties to Julie Andrews for having a Mary Poppins character out in the parks.

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Whoever would be Giselle would have to look like Amy Adams. She is part cartoon and stuff, but New York is not part of fantasy, I know Angelanga (idk how to spell it) is, but yeah.
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Giselle has actually made parade appearances before, as evidence by these photos:

Giselle | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Princess Giselle waves | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

However, these date from 2008 and the Christmas Fantasy parade, so it's simply a choice on Disneyland's character department part - perceived she is less well-known, perhaps, among the general public, or not wanting to have a specific 'friend' hired to assist in her appearances.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    I've heard that it was because of legal reasons, something to do with Amy Adams not wanting her likeness in the parks. I don't know if that's a rumor or the truth, but it's what I've been hearing for a couple years. I love Enchanted, it's a real shame!
    I have heard the same thing. I think Adams signed a deal that said if they used her likeness, they would have to pay her a lot of money. I makes me wonder if Disney didn't have much faith in the movies success...

• Singing Drinker

There are a bunch of characters you don't see very often - I've never seen Orville or Madame Medusa from Rescuers, can't recall seeing Tony or Tia from the Witch Mountain series, still haven't seen (though I've been told he exists) Hades as anything other than a parade character.

I don't know. I kinda have to side on the need to limit if only to allow for park capacity. Can you imagine how many characters they'd have if they really were trying to fit everyone's favorite in? They'd need to expand just to allow room for guests.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    I have heard the same thing. I think Adams signed a deal that said if they used her likeness, they would have to pay her a lot of money. I makes me wonder if Disney didn't have much faith in the movies success...
    odd considering what kind of merchandise money they could make after the fact.

if they made an animated "prequel" or something like that they could tweak her just enough to have her in the parks.

on a side not we did the meet n greet at fantasy faire last week. Cinderella was convincing, Aurora looked ok but Ariel just looked silly. like a 14 year old. the same 3 were there ALL 4 days all day long. a snow white pop in would have been cool. Or Belle. other than the parades Ive never seen Belle in the parks. oh well

• Closed Account

• Queen Elsa

Belle is out I've been seeing her alot latly in from of Disneyland when you enter the gates. I've seen her around 1pm and a little bit after the second parade around 7pm and I have hear she is seen by Snow White's wishing well to in the morings before she does her show at Fantasy Faire 2.

I also have hear the samething with Amy signing a contrack that she don't want her likeness around the parks.

Under an Umbrella in Portland! Just a short 2 hour flight from Anaheim

because there is no plans for Enchanted 2.

But I would love to see a pre-parade of "that's how you know" just kinda happen on Main street and then disappear into the crowd. Would never happen, but would be amazing.

We do have WOC and So Close, so I guess that will have to do.
    Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by renthead09 View Post
    because there is no plans for Enchanted 2.

But I would love to see a pre-parade of "that's how you know" just kinda happen on Main street and then disappear into the crowd. Would never happen, but would be amazing.

We do have WOC and So Close, so I guess that will have to do.
    OMG! I would freaking love that! It would be something like the Mainstreet Proposal. I think I'd start crying from happiness if I ever saw that.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

From what I have been told Amy Adams would have to approve any and every girl that would play the part, so when they originally casted Giselle for those little things they used her for, they went through 500 girls for 2 people... All with Amy Adams approval.

It is too complicated, and costs too much.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Giselle has actually made parade appearances before, as evidence by these photos:

Princess Giselle waves | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

However, these date from 2008 and the Christmas Fantasy parade, so it's simply a choice on Disneyland's character department part - perceived she is less well-known, perhaps, among the general public, or not wanting to have a specific 'friend' hired to assist in her appearances.
    The only place you would see her was ONLY in the pre-parade and nowhere else.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast