Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• A Happy Haunt

Re: Now that I have seen Monsters University

It was nice to see Mike and Sully's backstory.
    It was a cute and fun flick and the animation was stunning.

the blue umbrella was cute and beautiful too.
    I'd say, demolish ToonTown and replace it with Monstropolis and include Monster University.

I believe if they really do a monsters land. They should just rename the whole park as pixar land and syart retheaming the whole park to tie in to pixar. It has such a dominant part in the park. It goes back to the same argument as imagineers not coming up with original ideas anymore. I font blame them I am sure this is upper management telling them what to do, they continually stifle imagination.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Maybe he meant a substandard land.
    That's a given.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

It's sad that there are so many things that could fit HL as a sub land that are just as popular are apparently aren't being looked at. Given the reaction at the Easter celebration, why not include Maroon Studios, or even a land themed to disney short films. Not to mention the various original concepts they can use.

Haha I don't know why I was thinking subland. Maybe because of the small size and its location within Hollywoodland. But honestly this seems like a "quick fix" for Hollywood. Instead of putting something that actually expands on the Hollywood theme to just shoe horn in a "hot" property seems like a step backward for DCA. I am a big fan of the changes that have happened so far at DCA but I'm not a fan of this rumor!

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    I believe if they really do a monsters land. They should just rename the whole park as pixar land and syart retheaming the whole park to tie in to pixar. It has such a dominant part in the park. It goes back to the same argument as imagineers not coming up with original ideas anymore. I font blame them I am sure this is upper management telling them what to do, they continually stifle imagination.
    yes it's John Lasseter probably leading the way with the monsters inc sub land and Bob Iger giving the ok to build it, I also had a thread that stated how long is before DCA changes its name to Disney Pixar Adventure

• Say Cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    Yeah, what's wrong with Boo? She was one of the best parts of the first movie.
    The last scene in the first one gets me every time!

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I don't want another Monsters themed ride inside Disneyland or DCA, nor do I want a land based purely on these characters. I did really like Monsters University but it is so different from Monsters, Inc that it would be ridiculous to try and combine the two.

Anyone else see the movie yet? How do you feel?
    Just got back from seeing it at the El Cap. and was very pleased with the whole thing. The unfortunate thing about Monsters U is that it's so rich with characters but you can't really tie them into the Monstropolis overlay without altering the story ridiculously. Don for example would be in his seventies in the first film's timeline.

Cars Land could have included elements from Cars 2 as it is a sequel but those in charge chose not to do this which ended up being a great decision in my opinion. I expect Monstropolis to be based solely on the original as well.

I look forward to Monstropolis solely because it revitalizes the long forgotten Hollywood backlot with something other than rappin' Mickeys and an all ages night club.

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    I happen to have a spare map on hand..

Pixar Attractions:
    1.Monsters Inc. (M&STTR)
    2.Flick's Flyers
    3.Francis' Ladybug Boogie
    4.Heimlich's Chew Chew Train
    5.It's Tough to be a Bug
    6.Tuck n' Rolls Drive em Buggies
    7.Turtle Talk With Crush
    8.Luigi's Flying Tires
    9.Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
    10.Radiator Springs Racers
    11.Redwood Creek Challenge Trail (Featuring "Up)
    12.Toy Story Midway Mania.

Other Attractions:
    1.Red Car Trolley
    2.Disney's Aladdin, The Musical.
    3.Disney Junior "Live on Stage"
    4.Muppet Vision 3D
    5.Tower of Terror
    6.Mad T Party
    7.Animation Academy
    8.Sorcerers Workshop
    9.Soarin' Over California
    10.The Bakery Tour
    11.California Screamin'
    12.Golden Zephyr
    13.Goofy's Sky School
    14.Jumpin' Jellyfish
    15.King Triton's Carousel
    16.The Little Mermaid
    17.Mickey's Fun Wheel
    18.Silly Symphony Swings

So you can see that while Pixar attractions are on the rise they certainly haven't overwhelmed the park to the point where we should start rendering the whole place in 3D pixels. With that said, the sad fact is that 3D is the future of Disney animated films for the foreseeable future and out of all the animation studios nobody is doing this better than Pixar. There will always be a place in DCA for the classics and original attractions but Pixar is what's going to drive people to the parks.. for now.
    Last edited by G24T; 06-22-2013 at 11:33 PM.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    I enjoyed the movie as a movie, but not as part of the Monster's Inc series. I wish they would have left Sulley and Mike out of it and just made it a movie called Monster's University, maybe Mike and Sulley had already graduated from there and this was the next generation of upcoming monsters.
    I didn't mind the prequel aspect that much and they really handled the origin stories well, though Randall's could have been executed a little better.

With the way they expanded the Monster World in MU, I'd actually be game for a Monsters Inc 2. Doesn't even have to involve Boo. Just consider the ramifications of the original's ending and consider how culturally important scaring was to monsterkind and all those college degrees flushed down the toilet and jobs lost when scarers couldn't adapt to comedy. You can easily get a good story out of that.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Remember the whole "Disney is going to build Oz-land!" buzz a few months ago.

This will quickly fade away in the same manner.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Remember the whole "Disney is going to build Oz-land!" buzz a few months ago.

This will quickly fade away in the same manner.
    We can only hope.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

We saw it at Pixar Studios in Emeryville on Sat at a screening for vendors. Before it started they talked about how much work went into it. It takes 29 hours to create one frame, and one frame is i/24th of a second . It is very well made, the detail is incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingdolt View Post
    I'd say, demolish ToonTown and replace it with Monstropolis and include Monster University.
    Yes! I like this idea. I only go to Toon Town to get on Roger Rabbit, that's it. If anything, move Roger Rabbit (or create a completely new ride experience) to Hollywoodland.

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    How is this a subland? Wouldn't it just be a land?
    Simple. The parallel universe of monster creatures is a small subsection of the 1930s/1940s Hollywood that it fits into.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Just got back from seeing it at the El Cap. and was very pleased with the whole thing. The unfortunate thing about Monsters U is that it's so rich with characters but you can't really tie them into the Monstropolis overlay without altering the story ridiculously. Don for example would be in his seventies in the first film's timeline.

Cars Land could have included elements from Cars 2 as it is a sequel but those in charge chose not to do this which ended up being a great decision in my opinion. I expect Monstropolis to be based solely on the original as well.

I look forward to Monstropolis solely because it revitalizes the long forgotten Hollywood backlot with something other than rappin' Mickeys and an all ages night club.

So you can see that while Pixar attractions are on the rise they certainly haven't overwhelmed the park to the point where we should start rendering the whole place in 3D pixels. With that said, the sad fact is that 3D is the future of Disney animated films for the foreseeable future and out of all the animation studios nobody is doing this better than Pixar. There will always be a place in DCA for the classics and original attractions but Pixar is what's going to drive people to the parks.. for now.
    Thank you and I think that while we have Pixar in DCA, it will be balanced (Note: Al did mention that this would be part of a HL expansion). I am tired of people calling DCA pixarland. It is getting old and annoying and I would like to see it go away. Also, who said all these attractions are here to say (I'm looking at you Bug's Land).
    Last edited by Right Ear; 06-23-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast