Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Now that I have seen Monsters University

Quote Originally Posted by kkocka View Post
    Saw a screening of it today and liked the film a lot more than I thought I would, and definitely better than the first. That being said, I disliked the first because of Boo and deifnitely do NOT think the franchise should get any more spotlight in the parks than they already have.
    Glad I am not the only one.... Boo annoyed the heck out of me
    Loved the rest of the movie!
    I agree, I think the balance is good now and I love the attraction
    I think they over did Jack Sparrow in POTC
    from the opening lines to his too often appearances... it pulls the story line askew... instead of working him into it, they made it to much about him, shifts the attention and makes the rest seem something that incidentally happens instead of the tale of Pirates of the Caribbean... Jack Sparrow's amazing adventure....too often working the new character into the attraction is over done.
    Though, I love Nightmare in Haunted Mansion (some friend don't) oddly since I really was not crazy about the movie... but the characters are great and they fit beautifully into Haunted Mansion.

• Nic

UC Monstropolis, anyone?
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• I do believe in fairies!

I loved Boo in the first movie and her touching relationship with Sully. Monsters University was fantastic. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can add it to my Disney collection and watch it with Monsters, Inc.

I'm all for a Monsters University in place of Hollywoodland. That place is dead. A door coaster would be so cool and the gates to Hollywoodland would morph nicely into the gate to Monsters University. I say bring Monstropolis on. They could still use some of the facades from Hollywoodland and incorporate them into Monstropolis.

What's the problem with A Bug's World? My grandkids love that place. I have two more on the way and I hope to take them there as soon as they are old enough.My 5 and 8 year old still love A Bug's World and I can't wait to take my 5-year-old granddaughter to see Ariel's Undersea Adventure. They will both love Toy Story Mania. They will both love CarsLand.

I like what they are doing with DCA with all the new Pixar additions. It makes the place more desirable to me. I don't understand why everybody is so against DCA having them as additions. Most of Disneyland's rides are based on successful Disney movies. Why should DCA be any different. I never went over there except for Soarin' Over California and Grizzly River Run anyway. Now I can't wait to get there.
    "While there is very little grown-up in a child, there's still a lot of child in every grown up." ~ Walt Disney

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    UC Monstropolis, anyone?
    Well, they did have a lot of Berkeley references in the Movie.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Former Churro Jockey

Seriously, Disney really needs to change the name of the park and go with Disney Studios. Yes I'd love to have a different park here then what they have in Paris or Florida, but the DCA theme is just too limiting with what they can build, and it already has a lot of the same things as Disney Studios anyway. If they change it to Disney Studios, then they can add Monstropolis, a Star Wars land, or a Marvel Land and it would all fit right in. They can still keep Buena Vista St as the Los Angeles that Walt Disney encountered when he arrived in LA in the 1920's, because LA and Hollywood go hand-in-hand. They can still keep Hollywoodland (although I've never liked that name so I would be fine if they renamed it Sunset Blvd like it is in Florida) as far as Tower of Terror and Hyperion Theater goes, add the Monstropolis where Mad T Party is now.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123