Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• The doctor is in

Now that I have seen Monsters University

I don't want another Monsters themed ride inside Disneyland or DCA, nor do I want a land based purely on these characters. I did really like Monsters University but it is so different from Monsters, Inc that it would be ridiculous to try and combine the two.

Anyone else see the movie yet? How do you feel?
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Closed Account

Re: Now that I have seen Monsters University

Saw a screening of it today and liked the film a lot more than I thought I would, and definitely better than the first. That being said, I disliked the first because of Boo and deifnitely do NOT think the franchise should get any more spotlight in the parks than they already have.

• I'm a fiddle player......

Quote Originally Posted by kkocka View Post
    Saw a screening of it today and liked the film a lot more than I thought I would, and definitely better than the first. That being said, I disliked the first because of Boo and deifnitely do NOT think the franchise should get any more spotlight in the parks than they already have.
    Whats wrong with Boo?

Yeah, what's wrong with Boo? She was one of the best parts of the first movie.

• Future Imagineer

Just saw the movie and loved it . I thought it was as good if not better than the original. Already designing a ride (not for a specific park)

• Unhelpful User

Saw it as well, and Now I know that this land is coming to DCA because this movie is great and its another Pixar hit and will probably make a billion dollars worldwide. When its all set and done! ,and by monday WDI will get a memo is the design for Monsters inc land ready for DCA.

• I'm a Lutheran

I REALLY liked the movie. Predictable at times, but at the same time it was hilarious, up to par with the original, and visually stunning. Pixar has gotten really good with combining fantasy and realism. And yes, I predict that it will reach the billion dollar mark, if not get close to it. There are other films for it to compete with this summer, but Toy Story 3 did as well. Classic Pixar sequels seem to always be one step ahead of the rest.

How would I feel about a whole land dedicated to the franchise? Well...it could work well if done right (which it would be). A door coaster would be awesome, but there are kids today who will now be more familiar with the prequel than the original, meaning a M.U. land would be in order. Imagineers building an entire university campus for a theme park land would be kind of awesome, although I wouldn't particularly care to see it in DCA. DCA is not Monstropolis, nor is California. I suppose Cars Land isn't technically in California either...but, you know what, as long as it's done right and can be seamlessly integrated into the park's theme, go for it. It just better be good...don't go cheap.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    I REALLY liked the movie. Predictable at times, but at the same time it was hilarious, up to par with the original, and visually stunning. Pixar has gotten really good with combining fantasy and realism. And yes, I predict that it will reach the billion dollar mark, if not get close to it. There are other films for it to compete with this summer, but Toy Story 3 did as well. Classic Pixar sequels seem to always be one step ahead of the rest.

How would I feel about a whole land dedicated to the franchise? Well...it could work well if done right (which it would be). A door coaster would be awesome, but there are kids today who will now be more familiar with the prequel than the original, meaning a M.U. land would be in order. Imagineers building an entire university campus for a theme park land would be kind of awesome, although I wouldn't particularly care to see it in DCA. DCA is not Monstropolis, nor is California. I suppose Cars Land isn't technically in California either...but, you know what, as long as it's done right and can be seamlessly integrated into the park's theme, go for it. It just better be good...don't go cheap.
    I suppose it'd be too much to ask that they add to the world of the film in some way? Its also too much to ask the rides be based around the most ride compatible moments? We need to built everything off whatevers currently the most recognizable. Being a good attractions last on the list?
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• keh!

Whoa, wait, did I miss the rumors of a Monsters, Inc. land? I thought the rumors were just about the Door Coaster going where the old Millionaire building is, and even then, that is still based on the first movie. Are we just assuming that Disney will run with the success of the franchise and spread Monsters through out all of Hollywood?

I would actually love to see the Door Coaster in DCA. What else are they going to build? Something original? hah! hahaha! ahahahahaha!!

The current rumor is that the backlot area that holds the current MI ride, muppet vision, mad t party, and those two "soundstages" would become a monstropolis subland

With that said I really hope this does not happen. It's makes no sense for DCA thematically. DCA is not a Studios park that you can get away with just mashing together franchises.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I don't want another Monsters themed ride inside Disneyland or DCA, nor do I want a land based purely on these characters. I did really like Monsters University but it is so different from Monsters, Inc that it would be ridiculous to try and combine the two.

Anyone else see the movie yet? How do you feel?
    I didn't need to see the movie to figure that out.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    The current rumor is that the backlot area that holds the current MI ride, muppet vision, mad t party, and those two "soundstages" would become a monstropolis subland
    How is this a subland? Wouldn't it just be a land?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by napamaninsocal View Post
    Whats wrong with Boo?
    This:

Not only does she creep me out (those teeth! ugh!), but the joke of calling a monster or other non-animal thing "kitty" is so cliche. I've seen it in countless cartoons and films from the Simpsons standup comedians and whatever more.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 06-24-2013 at 09:21 PM.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    How is this a subland? Wouldn't it just be a land?
    Maybe he meant a substandard land.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Closed Account

I enjoyed the movie as a movie, but not as part of the Monster's Inc series. I wish they would have left Sulley and Mike out of it and just made it a movie called Monster's University, maybe Mike and Sulley had already graduated from there and this was the next generation of upcoming monsters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast