Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: In your opinion what ride removal wouldn't make you feel like your at Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
    Haunted Mansion or POTC for sure.
    This

• Nic

Re: In your opinion what ride removal wouldn't make you feel like your at Disneyland!

Small World, definitely.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Heavy Breather

If Pirates of the Caribbean were removed, it would be a very very sad day.

Pirates or Haunted Mansion for sure. However, the first thing I can remember associating with Disneyland was the Mad Tea Party and that ride is a big part of Disneyland for me.

Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Autotopia, Submarine, POTC in that order.

Attractions I wish I could have rode in order, as riding them on POV on Youtube already makes DL not the same...
    Peoplemover
    Skyway
    Rocket Jets up High
    Monsanto's House of the Future
    Rocket to the Moon
    Rocket Rods
    Adventure Thru Inner Space
    Last edited by bezerkus; 06-25-2013 at 08:37 AM.

• Minion

I agree. These were all highly missed (in my book) when they left, sans maybe Rocket Rods. Never rode that.... and just loved the Peoplemover so much.

The two things I wouldn't miss....Indiana Jones and Star Tours. Good attractions, and had they been added with a more generic presentation rather than tying them into movies that weren't Disney, I would have a different opinion and more of a connection to them, I think.

I'm kind of a purist in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bezerkus View Post
    Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Autotopia, Submarine, POTC in that order.

Attractions I wish I could have rode in order, as riding them on POV on Youtube already makes DL not the same...
    Peoplemover
    Skyway
    Rocket Jets up High
    Monsanto's House of the Future
    Rocket to the Moon
    Rocket Rods
    Adventure Thru Inner Space

I would be okay is they updated and redo HM, or place a better ride in its place. Splash mountain would be a huge loss is they took it out of disneyland tho.

Thinking about this, the first thing that came to mind was the teacups. I just can't imagine going to Disneyland without being able to ride the teacups.

There are so many attractions that just "make" the landscape. The rockets at the enterance to Tomorrowland for instance, it just wouldn't look right if they were missing. It's A Small World just fits so perfectly in it's spot there. Fantasyland would seem so empty without the carosel. Certainly there couldn't be New Orleans Square without the haunted mansion.

Innoventions could be demolished and replaced with an attraction to enhance Tomorrowland. It would be tragic but replacing POTC wouldn't "change" much aesthetically. No one would miss Autopia on the horizon. There are just certain things like the Matterhorn that would make the park look ... unDisney-like.

• Boat shoes all day long

If they took out the Jolly Trolley in ToonTown, I think I would lose my mind. I love making that long, lonely walk of loneliness to the back of the park, dipping under the train tracks, and popping up into the land of toons. First thing I see, the trolley. Bobbing and weaving to some invisible, but understandable beat. The conductor whistling, the riders with smiles abound. I look up to that gold, faux-powder coated wind-up thing and as it rotates, so does my attitude. Where I was a bit of a grump dealing with Main Street and Fantasyland crowds, all that distaste falls away. Leaving a young man, perplexed by the simple yet perfect attraction that is the Jolly Trolley of Toontown.

Keep Disneyland Jolly.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• i believe in faeries.

anything i consider 'disney classic'-jungle cruise, POTC, haunted mansion, space mountain, splash mountain, matterhorn, big thunder, tiki room. all of fantasyland. tom saywer island. the beauty of NOS. indiana jones, cuz it's so badass

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    If they took out the Jolly Trolley in ToonTown, I think I would lose my mind. I love making that long, lonely walk of loneliness to the back of the park, dipping under the train tracks, and popping up into the land of toons. First thing I see, the trolley. Bobbing and weaving to some invisible, but understandable beat. The conductor whistling, the riders with smiles abound. I look up to that gold, faux-powder coated wind-up thing and as it rotates, so does my attitude. Where I was a bit of a grump dealing with Main Street and Fantasyland crowds, all that distaste falls away. Leaving a young man, perplexed by the simple yet perfect attraction that is the Jolly Trolley of Toontown.

Keep Disneyland Jolly.
    lol i do hope you are joking. that thing has not moved in a LLLLOOONNNNNGGG time

pretty much anything thats there now. except small world. you can tear that torture machine out now. NO matter how many times Ive been there i will never get on that thing after the 1st time.

• Boat shoes all day long

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    lol i do hope you are joking. that thing has not moved in a LLLLOOONNNNNGGG time
    I wish it was joke. Now I am feeling like the joke is on me. Did they really take it out?
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Minion

I wish it was joke. Now I am feeling like the joke is on me. Did they really take it out?
    it is still there but not operational

its still there. but it does not move. worst of all most of the time they are using it to pimp the DVC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123