Disneyland Music

I took my kids to Disneyland for the first time this past March and we had a great time. Recently though, My 5 year old son has started signing "Yo Ho (A Pirates Life For Me)" randomly and started asking to listen to some music from the park. Now I wish I had looked for some CD's while we were there for some music from the park. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

I've done some research online and it seems to be quite hard to find the music online. I would like to get a compilation like this but that seems impossible to find unless I want to pay a lot of money. This one is okay, but it doesn't have a lot of the music from the first link that I posted that I would like. Also, I live in Canada and shipping from Amazon.com is more than I would like to pay.

Is there somewhere else I can look to get this music legally? Or is this something that I'll have to wait to get next time I get to the parks?

• Among mad people

Re: Disneyland Music

I don't know where you live, but perhaps there is a Disney store in a mall near you? I haven't been in one in a long time, so I don't even know if they sell CDs.
    Just sayin'

MP3 versions of park music is not easy to find legally unfortunately. You can at least get Yo Ho and Grim Grinning Host from Amazon:

Amazon.com: A Musical Tour: Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives at The Reagan Library: Various: MP3 Downloads

To my knowledge, that was pretty recently made available, so hopefully more will come along soon. You could also try eBay. A quick search for the Disneyland Official album turned up one for a decent price and it looks like they would ship to you for free.

This is a CD version of an old LP (record). I know it has Pirates music on it because I still have my LP:

The Official Album of Disneyland Walt Disney World Japan CD | eBay

This is the 90s version of that album (which also has the Pirates music):

CD The Official Album of Disneyland and Walt Disney World OST Record Club | eBay

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

• Blew By You

You could listen to Disneyland music on You Tube or search online. There's almost always a link to Amazon to buy the track or CD.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I've bought a few MP3 and I guess will have to listen to the rest on YouTube until I can get back to the parks!

If there are any other sugguestions or albums that come out let me know. Or if you see an album in the park stores let me know so I can try and get one!

• Chief Troublemaker

If you have access to online streaming, the online music service, Spotify has a huge Disney music catalog. My son has it (you can get it free w/ads or pay w/o ads) and made me an unbelievable playlist.

Unfortunately, I'm a tech-Goofy so I can't tell you how to set it up. My son did it all for me.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 06-24-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Disney Lover

I just recently found D23's "Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives" album and it's great. There are tons of classics on it, including a few ride scores like Star Tours, Pirates and Haunted Mansion. You can purchase the MP3s on Amazon or I'm sure you can find it elsewhere.

Amazon.com: A Musical Tour: Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives at The Reagan Library: Various: MP3 Downloads
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes."

I created a Disney channel in Pandora for this exact reason. My kids love the music from the parks.

Just go to Pandora and create a station based on the search criteria "Disney".

Quote Originally Posted by Stomper622 View Post
    I created a Disney channel in Pandora for this exact reason. My kids love the music from the parks.

Just go to Pandora and create a station based on the search criteria "Disney".
    you can find the park made cds on ebay and amazon usually

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Folks, the OP of this thread has done nothing wrong in asking the question of where to find Disney music tracks. A perfectly fine question, but (and with no reflection on the OP intended) as is usually the case with threads of this sort, others (most of them just trying to be helpful) soon come along and list sources and/or techniques of where the music can be found, and how to download that music to listen to again and again. Unless you are using a mainstream company and are paying a fee to purchase the tracks, chances are pretty good that you are in violation of copyright law. MiceChat does not allow the discussion of any activity which breaks any laws. Posts containing such content, have been deleted.

There are some legitimate sources listed in the remaining replies to this thread where you can listen to streaming audio, some where you may purchase the music, and one which allows you to set up a playlist, more specific to your preferences.

Because of the strong possibility that others may come along with content we don't want on the boards, this thread is now closed.

Thanks to all of you for your understanding.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 06-24-2013 at 11:28 PM.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton