Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• -

Re: Rude Guest incident - a quick vent

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeDepot14 View Post
    Probably the best thing you can do is come up with a plan to hold that person up even longer and security would have been a great idea.
    I completely disagree. That would only hold up the people in line behind this rude lowlife who weren't doing anything thereby making you no better than she was.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    If it had been me she had hit, I would have asked for security and not left until they arrived. Not because I want to make a big stink out of it, but because of two reasons:
    1. I’m not going to reward her bad behavior by scurrying out of her way and giving her what she wants. If she is in a hurry, calling security, waiting for them, telling them what happened and then letting her explain will slow her down, not speed her up. Having her plan of bullying people to get what she wants backfire may make her re-think that genius idea next time she’s in a rush.

2. I have had to dodge out of the way of speeding motorized wheelchairs and scooters before and I have seen people get dinged by them. I guarantee that as soon as you left and she got through security she nearly ran several people over in her rush to get to where she is going. Having to stop to give an explanation to security, although she would have admitted to nothing more than an accident, would have made her re-think using her chair as a battering ram on her way to DTD.
    Excellent!
    Primo psychology!
    I agree, the motorized things are a hazard in thoughtless hands and there are too many thoughtless drivers... dodged too many in the park yesterday, some going very fast.
    The non-confrontation confrontation ;-)
    Guy honking at me last week, at every stop sign, like... don't stop.... I got out of my car, looked at the rear of it, and asked "What?" he went ballistic... I pretended to thank him for letting me know a tail light was out "which light dear?" (sweetest)
    really didn't work... next intersection he burned rubber around me, ran the sign, sped down a narrow residential street (toward a street famous for its rigidly enforced 25 mph and hidden sheriffs cars)... chubby old guy with a handicapped plate... looked like some one's grandpa..... mad road demon

what is with people? Is it in the water? A side effect of the effluviums of plastic containers?
    what?
    We need a new reality show called "Get your manners on"

I know it is not correct English but that seems to be a turn off like good manners

Chip and Dale... "after you" "no, after you" "no, I insist, after you"
    Last edited by GwenRowan; 06-24-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: addition, spelling

• No Disassemble!

To the OP, I was waiting for your story to unfold to where you drew the bat on the rude guests declaring "have you ever seen inglorious basterds? Because my favorite character was Donnie Donowitz. I don't know we just have so much in common!".

At least, that's how I would have handled it. And then the lady in the wheelchair would post a "rude guest" thread about me.. go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Well then I guess Disney batter up the security checkpoints to better enforce that rule
    "Security checkpoints" (if I've been following MiceChat closely enough) is a subject that's still up for debate is it not? It seems to me that it's more of a liability check what with all the glass bottles that guests are forced to toss out there. Obviously if they see a gun, or a knife, or dynamite tied to a clock I'm sure they'll make a security call but if these really were security checks they probably wouldn't staff them with sixty-something year old CMs who seem to care more about your books than the potential weapon you're holding.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GwenRowan View Post
    Guy honking at me last week, at every stop sign, like... don't stop.... I got out of my car, looked at the rear of it, and asked "What?" he went ballistic... I pretended to thank him for letting me know a tail light was out "which light dear?" (sweetest)
    really didn't work... next intersection he burned rubber around me, ran the sign, sped down a narrow residential street (toward a street famous for its rigidly enforced 25 mph and hidden sheriffs cars)... chubby old guy with a handicapped plate... looked like some one's grandpa..... mad road demon
    And this is exactly why it is my policy to never provoke these kinds of people. I would feel partially responsible if I provoked someone who then sped around me and hit a child who was crossing that street.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Selfie Expert

I agree with another poster who mentioned that the CM pointing out that you had an inhaler in your bag is totally inappropriate. One time, I had a CM pull out a pill bottle in my backpack and show his coworker - granted he was showing it off because I had covered it in rhinestones (what? I'm a pharmacist! I like to bedazzle the bottle I use to hold ibuprofen), but had it held some embarrassing medication, or had I been in a sour mood, I would have been really upset about it. Sounds like maybe they could use a bit more training in this regard.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Mrs. J. Depp

When people are so rude to me like that ie: encroaching on my personal space, running into me repeatedly perhaps on purpose who knows, etc. what I do is just run into them right back and make it look like an accident. If the person is behind me, I just back up abruptly or swing my bag over my shoulder quickly to create a bubble around myself. Either that or just start coughing really loudly and hope they steer clear.
    As for the bat, I thought Disney sold souvenir bats like that at one point.
    Last edited by IzzyInWonderland; 06-24-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Rock Star Minion

Chip and Dale... "after you" "no, after you" "no, I insist, after you"
    Nerdy Disney fan alert: That was two other chipmunks. From Warner Bros.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

I don't see why there is so much back-and-forth at security.
    Also, a no-bag line would be nice to have.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Singing Drinker

"Guests" like the wheelchair demon are one of the main reasons I won't go to any of the parks (Disney or otherwise) on heavy crowd days if I can at all avoid it. There's no way I can possibly remember all the idiots and thugs with strollers or chairs who've decided ramming the wall of crowd in front of them was appropriate. The ONLY time I've ever seen anyone remotely contrite is when they've been encouraging their small child to do it and yelled at said child when called on it.

Humanity. Love 'em on a one-to-one basis, stinking scheming bastards when in a mob.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Bad situation for sure and you handled it well. That being said, karma will get them... they are going to the rain forest cafe after all. That place is TERRIBLE!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Bad situation for sure and you handled it well. That being said, karma will get them... they are going to the rain forest cafe after all. That place is TERRIBLE!
    They probably had to wait an hour just to get in. There's a patience lesson.

• Hooterville, USA

An old lady in a motorized wheelchair, took down my friend and me as we waited for the fireworks show to begin. She hit us from behind and never once said "I'm sorry" or even "get out of the way". We would have turned her over if we could have caught her, but we were too injured to give chase.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I wonder if the CM was doing it to annoy her ;-)
    I've occasionally seen CMs exhibit passive-aggressive behavior when dealing with rude, obnoxious guests, but when it impacts other guests, that's going too far. I don't know whether this was such an instance, but either way the CM was not acting appropriately.

though I gotta say, I think it is entirely inappropriate to comment on things in a bag, like, "an inhaler"
    Too personal and not the business of people around you
    sorry folks but it had me thinking, "Oh, a tampon"...... yikes....
    Exactly. "Let's see what else we have here: Depends, Prozac, Preparation H, extra-small size condoms...."

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    To the OP, I was waiting for your story to unfold to where you drew the bat on the rude guests declaring "have you ever seen inglorious basterds? Because my favorite character was Donnie Donowitz. I don't know we just have so much in common!".

At least, that's how I would have handled it. And then the lady in the wheelchair would post a "rude guest" thread about me.. go figure.
    The funny thing about people these days is that they have no sense of humor with regard to such things. You can expect to be dragged out by security or maybe the Anaheim PD for actually doing something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    "Security checkpoints" (if I've been following MiceChat closely enough) is a subject that's still up for debate is it not? It seems to me that it's more of a liability check what with all the glass bottles that guests are forced to toss out there. Obviously if they see a gun, or a knife, or dynamite tied to a clock I'm sure they'll make a security call but if these really were security checks they probably wouldn't staff them with sixty-something year old CMs who seem to care more about your books than the potential weapon you're holding.
    The thing about potential weapons is that this describes a great many common, everyday objects. Obviously most aren't AS dangerous as guns, knives, or dynamite, but those aside, the list of things to exclude can get pretty long and arbitrary if they aren't careful.

I've always assumed that the aggressive stroller and wheelchair people at Disneyland are the same people who tailgate other drivers when they're behind the wheel of a car. The rides/buildings aren't going to get up and walk away just because the people in front of you exist.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I agree with another poster who mentioned that the CM pointing out that you had an inhaler in your bag is totally inappropriate. One time, I had a CM pull out a pill bottle in my backpack and show his coworker - granted he was showing it off because I had covered it in rhinestones (what? I'm a pharmacist! I like to bedazzle the bottle I use to hold ibuprofen), but had it held some embarrassing medication, or had I been in a sour mood, I would have been really upset about it. Sounds like maybe they could use a bit more training in this regard.
    Sharing your medication is against the law (HIPPA) they shouldn't ever do that. As far as the topic at hand I have had a couple people bump into me repeatedly I usually strike back or go slower

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast