Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Rude Guest incident - a quick vent

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Nerdy Disney fan alert: That was two other chipmunks. From Warner Bros.
    I believe those were gophers (the Goofy Gophers), not chipmunks.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I believe those were gophers (the Goofy Gophers), not chipmunks.
    I thought they were mice. Time to do some research.

***Just checked the Warner Bros character Wiki** the overly polite pair of characters were the Goofy Gophers. The way they were drawn-they kind of looked like a cross between Chip and dale and Jerry Mouse. ***

To the OP: I am sorry you encountered those rude guests. I think you handled the situation the best way you could have and it was definitely not worth engaging them. Karma works in funny ways.
    Last edited by dazyhill; 06-24-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I completely disagree. That would only hold up the people in line behind this rude lowlife who weren't doing anything thereby making you no better than she was.
    Not really - usually security pulls you off to the side.

1. Glad you got to keep your bat

2. I don't think this constitutes rude....it's a bit beyond that since this individual technically committed a battery (albeit a minor one, it still is one).

3. This rude guest is not normal. Her actions suggests she has some type of internal issue...possibly medications she is on making her erratic or maybe she just has a personality disorder (e.g. narcissism).
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Hugs for OP. Maybe if it were a NY Yankees bat it might be dangerous, but Angels?
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    Hugs for OP. Maybe if it were a NY Yankees bat it might be dangerous, but Angels?
    Yea, those only good for summoning Christopher Lloyd and really.. what's Doc gonna do about it anyway.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

haha I was stopped at the bag check for having a metal clipboard with a storage bin! I wonder how your bat made it through!

•   
    • Minion

Thank you everyone for all of the supportive comments!! I really appreciate them. And I just don't get people like that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Well then I guess Disney batter up the security checkpoints to better enforce that rule
    Well played, friend. Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    LOL!!!! I love it!! Thank you for the hugs!!

I love my Angels, but I can't pretend they're good at baseball...

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I agree with another poster who mentioned that the CM pointing out that you had an inhaler in your bag is totally inappropriate. One time, I had a CM pull out a pill bottle in my backpack and show his coworker - granted he was showing it off because I had covered it in rhinestones (what? I'm a pharmacist! I like to bedazzle the bottle I use to hold ibuprofen), but had it held some embarrassing medication, or had I been in a sour mood, I would have been really upset about it. Sounds like maybe they could use a bit more training in this regard.
    You know, it did make me feel uncomfortable that she was commenting on so many things in my bag, particularly my inhaler. It's not that I'm ashamed at all of having asthma but it's my privacy, and she just announced it to anyone within earshot. I thought it was out of line too.

I've been to a few concerts and clubs where they've asked me about my medication - I carry an Epi-Pen and some pill meds in addition to my inhaler. In the case of the clubs, I am guessing they were trying to make sure nobody was bringing (illegal) drugs in - and I didn't mind explaining what my meds are and why I had them (they're really nothing exciting). However, in every case they took me off to the side and asked privately, they didn't just loudly announce "oh look! She's got pills! Lookie, an inhaler!" to the line.

I love the idea of your bedazzled pill bottle, Kelly!!
    Last edited by Malina; 06-24-2013 at 10:51 PM.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Bad situation for sure and you handled it well. That being said, karma will get them... they are going to the rain forest cafe after all. That place is TERRIBLE!
    The food there IS punishment enough...
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

What bothers me most is when parents are WAY too mad at their kids for absolutely no reason. Calm down! I understand you can be stressed on a hot day but how disrespectful when you're screaming in your child's face. Not the place for that.
    Also when parents don't do enough, they let their children run about with no supervision at all. They're half way down park paths and the parents don't care.
    As a young adult I find that so disrespectful to other guests and your children, it is also a huge park guest per peeve of mine.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Humanity. Love 'em on a one-to-one basis, stinking scheming bastards when in a mob.
    I think I have a new favorite quote!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Chief Troublemaker

Or the similar quote from Charles Schulz's 'Peanuts';

"I love mankind, it's people I can't stand!"
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Sock Puppet

I completely disagree. That would only hold up the people in line behind this rude lowlife who weren't doing anything thereby making you no better than she was.
    Yes I realize where your coming from and thats why I stated "hold THAT person up" and not everyone else in line

• -

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeDepot14 View Post
    Yes I realize where your coming from and thats why I stated "hold THAT person up" and not everyone else in line
    Yes, but until additional security shows up to pull this person off to the side, arguing with the person and complaining about it to the bag checker to get more security to come is going to hold up the line for other people. I could see the justification if the wheelchair person was actually causing injury. However, in this case, the lowlife was merely being an annoyance. If one really wanted to get back at her, it would be more fun to be devious and head down to Rainforest ahead of her, wait for her to roll up, and then make sure to get right in front of her to put your name in for a table ahead of her. That way she has to wait for you yet again and it doesn’t hold up anyone else in the process.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sock Puppet

Yes, but until additional security shows up to pull this person off to the side, arguing with the person and complaining about it to the bag checker to get more security to come is going to hold up the line for other people. I could see the justification if the wheelchair person was actually causing injury. However, in this case, the lowlife was merely being an annoyance. If one really wanted to get back at her, it would be more fun to be devious and head down to Rainforest ahead of her, wait for her to roll up, and then make sure to get right in front of her to put your name in for a table ahead of her. That way she has to wait for you yet again and it doesn’t hold up anyone else in the process.
    Yeah that would be a good idea, either that or get to Rainforest cafe first and when she rolls up have security waiting there for her.... SUPRISE!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast