RSR, really down as often as seems or just our timing?

Mother's day.... made a bee-line to RSR, in line 30 minutes*, all stops... we wait another 15 then leave
    next visit, down
    Yesterday, walked over about 11ish (?)... down

Is it really down that often?

* felt like an hour with too loud music blaring in my ears... can't talk to friends without shouting... can you spell "hearing loss"?
    now I bring ear plugs
    one of the worst lines for people pushing through too. Pity, love the experience of the attraction but the wait is torture (to keep lines shorter? ;-) )

• Not on the Jedi Council

Re: RSR, really down as often as seems or just our timing?

Seems that way. I had a FastPass for 7:30 last night and walked away because it was down then also.

• No Disassemble!

If you're used to the downtimes that Indy has then you can pretty much get a feel for what RSR is like based off of that. It goes down a lot but is usually back up in half an hour or less.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• -

It's all in timing. In all the times I have ridden it or been to Cars Land, it has only been down once.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Closed Account

It is really down that often. Like someone else said, it goes down like Indiana Jones does. Of the 11 trips we have made to the Disneyland Resort this year so far, Radiator Springs Racers was down for a minimum of 15 minutes on 9 of those trips. To me, that's down more often then not.

Luckily, I haven't had the bad timing that a friend of mine has had. They made 6 trips between January - April to the Disneyland Resort. They got fast passes all 6 times to Radiator Springs Racers, and they have yet to ride it. They would show up at their return time, it would be down, they would be given a new return time, same thing. On their first visit they made 4 attempts to ride it throughout the course of the day. The second trip they made 7 attempts to ride it throughout the course of the day. Their third trip they made 2 attempts to ride it throughout the course of the day. Their fifth trip they made 3 attempts to ride it throughout the course of the day. Their sixth trip they went to guest services after their second attempt and they were given a fast pass that can be used any time on any visit. They are hoping to ride it on their seventh trip this Saturday.

Why don't you just get a Fastpass? Just pick a day to get there at park opening, get in line for a Fastpass, then return at the time stated on the ticket. Problem solved.

Although... I have a hunch the answer will be the typical AP answer "We don't want to spend all day at the park, we work and have lives, traffic is bad, I have to go to Albertson's, there's a sale at Macy's, the lawn needs mowing, I park in Downtown Disney for free but have to get out in 3 hours, etc., etc.". But if you aren't willing to spend at least a few hours there in order to use your free Fastpass priveleges included in your AP price, then Racers doesn't seem to be for you.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Why don't you just get a Fastpass? Just pick a day to get there at park opening, get in line for a Fastpass, then return at the time stated on the ticket. Problem solved.

Although... I have a hunch the answer will be the typical AP answer "We don't want to spend all day at the park, we work and have lives, traffic is bad, I have to go to Albertson's, there's a sale at Macy's, the lawn needs mowing, I park in Downtown Disney for free but have to get out in 3 hours, etc., etc.". But if you aren't willing to spend at least a few hours there in order to use your free Fastpass priveleges included in your AP price, then Racers doesn't seem to be for you.
    Wow, was that really necessary
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

• Closed Account

Seriously, a fast pass doesn't mean you get to ride. Did you see my post. Just because you are holding a fast pass, doesn't mean that it won't break down when you get up there the first, second, or even third time. And who cares about Downtown Disney parking, when parking is free. Jealous of annual pass holders much?

• Not on the Jedi Council

Same here, had a fast pass but that didn't stop the ride from being down for a half-hour before a number of us gave up.

Our last trip we didn't get to use our FP. The ride was down during our window. When we went back later the line was all the way in the street and we didn't want to wait an hour+.

just spent 7 days in the parks, it went down ONCE. id say thats pretty good for a tour de force of tech like RSR.
    Disneyland Trips:
    12/05(first time ever!) 8/09, 9/10, 4/11, and 6/13!

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    If you're used to the downtimes that Indy has then you can pretty much get a feel for what RSR is like based off of that. It goes down a lot but is usually back up in half an hour or less.
    Ah, it's a roller coaster kind of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    It is really down that often. Like someone else said, it goes down like Indiana Jones does. Of the 11 trips we have made to the Disneyland Resort this year so far, Radiator Springs Racers was down for a minimum of 15 minutes on 9 of those trips. To me, that's down more often then not.

Luckily, I haven't had the bad timing that a friend of mine has had. They made 6 trips between January - April to the Disneyland Resort. They got fast passes all 6 times to Radiator Springs Racers, and they have yet to ride it. They would show up at their return time, it would be down, they would be given a new return time, same thing. On their first visit they made 4 attempts to ride it throughout the course of the day. The second trip they made 7 attempts to ride it throughout the course of the day. Their third trip they made 2 attempts to ride it throughout the course of the day. Their fifth trip they made 3 attempts to ride it throughout the course of the day. Their sixth trip they went to guest services after their second attempt and they were given a fast pass that can be used any time on any visit. They are hoping to ride it on their seventh trip this Saturday.

That is awful timing.
    I don't know if I would be laughing after a while or whining....
    I have a friend who should meet them, goes about twice a year, every time several of the best attractions are down... we think there should be some kind of badge for that kind of luck, small compensation.... maybe have big X's on it....

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Wow, was that really necessary
    Thank you,

that was more than a little creepy.

•   
    • Minion

I guess I am lucky, because RSR has only gone down once in the 5 or 6 visits I've attempted to ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Our last trip we didn't get to use our FP. The ride was down during our window. When we went back later the line was all the way in the street and we didn't want to wait an hour+.
    In terms of the Fastpasses, I thought that if the attraction was down during your window, you were allowed to return and use it later. That was my experience when Space went down once; they just told us to return at another time. I guess if the ride is still down when you attempt to use the FP the second or third time, it's not much help, though.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!