Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Google maps street view inside DLR soon?

I was looking at DLR on Google maps today, and when I selected the street view icon, paths all around inside both DL and DCA appeared. When I tried to put the icon on one of the paths, there was just black and a message that said "This image is no longer available". I wonder if this means that they'll soon be up? Did anyone see something that looked like a bike or vehicle with several cameras mounted in all directions recently? I'm excited!

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Google maps street view inside DLR soon?

That would be like having street view inside my house.
    It's a private place. It would not let Google in to do that.

Apple Maps, maybe.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Closed Account

I don't know if they have official plans to launch Google Street View of Disneyland, but I know they have it for Disneyland Paris, so I would venture to say that it could happen in the near future.

• Minion

I know Lego Land has street view. you can view the streets in the San Diego location.

here's the link. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=lego+...27.18,,0,-3.45

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    That would be like having street view inside my house.
    Do you charge people $137 to walk through your front door?

I think that Disneyland will eventually be on Street View as Google has worked to do this for lots of places. It's already been mentioned that it's available for Disneyland Paris so Disney as a whole isn't opposed to it. In Southern California it's already available for LegoLand, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo and Universal Studios.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ProvoAggie View Post
    Do you charge people $137 to walk through your front door?

I think that Disneyland will eventually be on Street View as Google has worked to do this for lots of places. It's already been mentioned that it's available for Disneyland Paris so Disney as a whole isn't opposed to it. In Southern California it's already available for LegoLand, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo and Universal Studios.
    I charge a lot more than that!

I they do go in, then we can zoom in on the peeling paint that everyone's complaining about. Maybe we'll see a rude CM. Or some rogue rascal bumping into things.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Hooterville, USA

I charge a lot more than that!

I they do go in, then we can zoom in on the peeling paint that everyone's complaining about. Maybe we'll see a rude CM. Or some rogue rascal bumping into things.
    Or a parent with a leash on their child, or someone line cutting! Maybe even a group of people, walking 10 people wide!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• I'm listening.

Nice catch! I bet this shows up very soon. I get the blue lines only too. Looks like they roamed about everywhere in both parks. Would be nice to see updated birds-eye views too.

I noticed this too when trying street view Disneyland. Sucks as I love to do this for old neighborhoods I grew up in as a kid in other states. Google Earth has some amazing views of back lots and such that were fun to look at and even let's you go back in time a bit with satellite photos too. Peoplemover tracks are fun to follow. At streetview, they'd have to blur out a lot of faces for privacy as I had this done as a walkthru for a large store I work for in Google+ and all the people were blurred out. Guess I'll just have to go back and walk around Disneyland Kinect if I want a fix before my next visit.

• I'm listening.

Quote Originally Posted by bezerkus View Post
    At streetview, they'd have to blur out a lot of faces for privacy as I had this done as a walkthru for a large store I work for in Google+ and all the people were blurred out.
    I would think that the heavy daily crowds might necessitate recording the street view images prior to park opening. Pretty sure I'e seen this with some of the other theme park street views.

They let you briefly view inside major world wide attraction such as the louvre (I believe), the palace in Versailles. I'm sure that if street view were to be inside disney, it would be an abbreviated version and I would not care.

Apple Maps, maybe.
    Contrary to popular belief, there is no direct relation between Disney and Apple they are two completely separate companies, neither owns part of each other.

Apples Data BTW comes from TomTom, they really don't do much on the maps, they just purchase the data.

Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    Nice catch! I bet this shows up very soon. I get the blue lines only too. Looks like they roamed about everywhere in both parks. Would be nice to see updated birds-eye views too.
    I did see a blurb from someone at Google, I think they were able to use the Google Bicycle (yeah, they have a Bike version of the street view cars) pre-opening awhile back.

I (thread starter) tried again this morning, just to see if the street view pics had showed up yet. No such luck. But I did notice something today that I didn't yesterday: on the bottom left, it says "Image date: September 2012". So, apparently the google camera bike was there last year, along the paths indicated in blue, but 10 months later Disney and Google still haven't agreed on conditions to let the images be shown.

That would be awesome if it happens.
    For the love of Disney....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast