Thread: DLR Parades

•   

DLR Parades

Why Dose DL show 2 times there day times parade n other disney parks only show it once.

• Under that tree again!

Re: DLR Parades

Because it's the best park.

It is also small and with limited viewing area running it twice allows a greater part of the day's visitors to see it.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I have been to Disneyland 3 times now and the only parade I've seen is the Main Street Electrical Parade. When I went in 2010 and this past March I've skipped them all. Am I really missing out?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MTaylo050 View Post
    I have been to Disneyland 3 times now and the only parade I've seen is the Main Street Electrical Parade. When I went in 2010 and this past March I've skipped them all. Am I really missing out?
    I wouldn't say "really missing out," but Mickey's Soundsational Parade is a really solid show. Great music and fun floats, characters, and costumes. I would definitely recommend to see it at least once.

Its DLR's own philosophy. A park like Tokyo Disneyland runs their daytime parade once a day but then does seasonal parades (on the scale of Soundsational) twice a day meaning 3 huge day time parades a day.

Soundsational also isn't a very expensive parade. Soundsational has less than 100 performers, where has Jubilation has about 175 performers and Dreamlights is well over 200.

And the small viewing area, as mentioned above.

•   

How dose all the Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong n Florida Disney parades go back to the parade warehouse.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by xceemora View Post
    How dose all the Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong n Florida Disney parades go back to the parade warehouse.
    Looking at Goggle Earth, it appears that there is a backstage road that goes from the end of the parade route back to the beginning.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I wouldn't say "really missing out," but Mickey's Soundsational Parade is a really solid show. Great music and fun floats, characters, and costumes. I would definitely recommend to see it at least once.
    I love Soundsational. I watch it too much though since I'm there at least once a week. I should probably stop. Lol

It depends in large part on attendance versus viewer capacity. Disneyland (Anaheim) is not the smallest Disney theme park, but its parade route runs almost in a straight line, more or less, and its viewer capacity is small in comparison to this park's attendance, which merits two showings. For comparison, Hong Kong Disneyland is smaller and has a shorter parade route (about maybe 80% as long as Disneyland's), but much lower attendance, so they only do one show per day there. DCA is interesting because while it is smaller than Disneyland in total area, it has a windier parade route that is approximately 25% longer overall, which means that even with the much-improved attendance figures, they can still get away with a single parade showing for now. Of course, many other factors are involved, but these are some of the most basic physical parameters.

• i believe in faeries.

i love parades. (i have not advice to offer, i just love disneyland parades, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Because it's the best park.

It is also small and with limited viewing area running it twice allows a greater part of the day's visitors to see it.
    For the love of Disney....