Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What would you like to change in World of Color?

What new clips or music would you like to see in DCAs world of color show?

The show is constantly evolving + new segments are added in. What part would you like to change and what would you replace it with? Personally l think that the Little Mermaid segment should be 1/2 as long. The *under the sea * portion needs to go Imo
    Similarly I think the song * I see the light * from Tangled 7 should be added in after the colors of the wind.. It seems to me that the visual style + lanterns are a great fit with the show

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

Re: What would you like to change in World of Color?

+1 on the I See The Light segment. I think they should remove the speaking whale segment as it seems sort of flat after watching it a few times and they need to bring back cherny/hellfire

I would like to see a story driven show and not a commercial for the Disney Animated hits.

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    I would like to see a story driven show and not a commercial for the Disney Animated hits.
    I agree, in an unused version where the segments followed "The world is a treasure trove of places, the colors of earth, sea, and sky" it didn't seem so random as it does now. The show doesn't seem to living up to its potential. I would also like to see the talking parts like Nemo and Toy Story gone, slows down the show.

• Disney + Menken fan

World of Color 2.0
    As much as I love the show I was disappointed when it premiered. Was the show bad? Not at all! So what was my problem? I knew what it was going to be Steve Davidson had done many presentations showing what the show was going to be that I fell in love with that version. The on that premiered was in my eyes a version that could have been so much better.

-No direct music form the movies, use rearranged score and songs

1. Full World of Color Song (including Colors of Earth, Sea and Sky part like mentioned before)
    2. Little Mermaid overture/main tittles instead of Part of Your World (Yes people like Ariel singing and I love Mermaid very much but I think Part Of Your world is being over used and is losing it magic because we hear it in all shows/parades. I think the demo WOC did great by having the Main Titles music from Mermaid instead of Part of Your World)
    3. Under the Sea shorted and use the 'The newt play the flute The carp play the harp The plaice play the bass
      And they soundin' sharp The bass play the brass The chub play the tub The fluke is the duke of soul (Yeah) The ray he can play The lings on the strings The trout rockin' out The blackfish she sings The smelt and the sprat They know where it's at An' oh that blowfish blow'
    4. Shorten Speaking Whale a small bit.
    5. Fantasia 2000 extend it a little bit more so it feels useful rather than just being there for transition.
    6. Wall-e GORGEOUS! just a little bit shorter please.
    7. Toy Story, less bed so we can move faster in the flying Buzz scene.
    8. A Whole New World ADD Go The Distance back in! and use the newly recorded music
    9. Lose the genie, although fun, it slows the show down.
    10. Use the old length of the pirates scene but mix it with the At Worlds End theme.
    11. Original Color of Fear sequence with Fantasia and Hell Fire (instead of the extended Pirates)
    12. So Close BRING BACK THE DUET VERSION FROM THE DEMO!!!
    13. Lose the Cheshire Cat, awesome character but wrong place wrong time.

(I hated how they last minute changed back to the movie songs rather than the new recorded music)

-No copy past movie clips
    1. Mermaid needs to get all it's paper animation back (maybe even on the giant screens instead of just the domes. It would fit the new lyrics I mentioned before) The Main Tittles.Overture needs to be more water ballet instead of Part of Your World movie copy past.
    2. Add the fountain whale back to Speaking Whale, now we once again are watching just movie copy past (I know they made new animation for this but it feels the same)
    3. Fantasia 2000 needs more water ballet!
    4. A Whole New World/Go The Distance will get it's paper and sand animation back and use less movie clips.
    5. Bring back paper Chernabog.
    6. Use the big screens for clips during So Close instead of the domes and make the fountains dance in front of them.
    7. During the Finale when we look back at the show, ONLY USE THE SCENES WE SAW INSTEAD OF THINGS WE DIDN'T! and use waaaaay more dancing fountains rather than the only movie clips flashback.

(Some scenes are just the movie on water, literally)

-New Order scenes!

Because I want a more logical flow and including the Colors of Earth, Sea and Sky part will be the way to go.
    • Opening (full World of Color theme)
    • Colors of Earth
      • Fantasia 2000
      • Pocahontas
      • Bugs Life
      • April Showers
      • NEW SCENE (probably Alice in Wonderland Back)

• Colors of Sea
      • Pirates of the Caribbean
      • NEW SCENE (World Of Color Reprise)
      • Main Tittles/Overture
      • Under The Sea
      • Crush
      • Speaking Whale

• Colors of Sky
      • Fantasia 2000
      • NEW SCENE (World Of Color Reprise)
      • Wall-E
      • Toy Story
      • Up!
      • A Whole New World/Go The Distance

• Colors of Fear
      • NEW SCENE (probably Friend On The Other Side back)
      • (World of Color Reprise)
      • Fantasia/Hell Fire
      • Stampede

• Colors of Tears
      • NEW SCENE (World of Color Reprise)
      • So close sequence
      • Beast Transformation/True Loves Kiss

• Finale (World of Color Reprise)
    • Encore! (Multiple possibilities for encores)
      • Tron Legacy
      • Brave
      • Pirates 4

Every new movie that needs to be promoted ALWAYS AFTER, NOT INSIDE THE SHOW
    • Closing Theme

NEW SCENES
    -
    The World of Color Reprises.
    I want these in so the show will feel more 1 show: World of color, rather than start of as World of Color and end with it but have something else in between. The reprises will mention the next color coming up and won't last very long.
    -Alice in Wonderland.
    I know it was probably cut for a reason but I think it will add a lot artistically to the show. It will start at the swirling colors which ended April Showers. This whole will open up to the rabbit whole trough which we will fall into wonderland. We will chase the white rabbit and Alice fast along the Unbirthday party and the Cards/Queen of Hearts. We end being swept by a wave (with Alice in a bottle) the waves will get very bad and we enter the Pirates Sequence here.
    -Friends on the other side.
    The moon at the end of A Whole New World/Go The Distance will turn dark and will have eerie clouds flowing by. Dr Facilier start reading our future revealing cards of Chernabog, The Fire Bird, Hell Fire and Scare. The Shadows take over, magic happens and we flow over to Chernabog.

Pfew got that of my chest :P I love World of Color, but it could be better!!

-Dex

!EDIT!

World of Color Extended intro (including the Earth Sea and Sky part)

The Little Mermaid Main Tittles/Overture Demo (02:30-04:22)
    A Whole New World/Go The Distance Demo (11:00-12:17)
    So Close Duet Demo (21:10-22:25)

Alice in Wonderland Sequence (09:00-end and 0:00-02:20)

Paper Animation Sebastian
    (0:20-0:22)
    Last edited by Xedex; 06-25-2013 at 02:42 AM.
    "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
    ~Finding Nemo

[QUOTE=imagineerthat;1056992258]I agree, in an unused version where the segments followed "The world is a treasure trove of places, the colors of earth, sea, and sky" other than an commercial for Disneys animated hits /QUOTE]

I'm sorry but this seems a bit harsh.
    I enjoy disney films and the music within them. I'm an annual pass holder because I enjoy seeing those characters in the park + hearing the music so I can agree with people who say that there is a problem with the flow of the program. It is far from an advertisement of the hits
    Last edited by DznyFan17; 06-25-2013 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Spelling errors

• Selfie Expert

The one thing that keeps me from making any effort to see WOC is the viewing area. If you aren't in a prime location, with no kids on shoulders, you cannot get a decent view. It's not worth camping out for, in my opinion, so I've seen it once and it's not worth seeing again due to this issue.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

@kellyMcG86 I understand that you would not enjoy the show if you cannot see well.I I suggest that you try and view the show from Blue section on the bridge
    Last edited by DznyFan17; 06-25-2013 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Spelling error

• Selfie Expert

I'll give that section a shot. Thanks!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    The one thing that keeps me from making any effort to see WOC is the viewing area. If you aren't in a prime location, with no kids on shoulders, you cannot get a decent view. It's not worth camping out for, in my opinion, so I've seen it once and it's not worth seeing again due to this issue.
    THIS... I've tried seeing WOC with my family on three separate occasions. Each time, my wife can't see a thing, even when we get a decent spot, and my kid can only see the things that happen high up. I don't put him on my shoulders because that only makes the problem worse for others.

They need to come up with a solution to the seating and viewing issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DznyFan17 View Post
    What new clips or music would you like to see in DCAs world of color show?

The show is constantly evolving + new segments are added in. What part would you like to change and what would you replace it with? Personally l think that the Little Mermaid segment should be 1/2 as long. The *under the sea * portion needs to go Imo
    Similarly I think the song * I see the light * from Tangled 7 should be added in after the colors of the wind.. It seems to me that the visual style + lanterns are a great fit with the show
    take out the long brave segment

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I'll give that section a shot. Thanks!

i found that the drench section is actually good.

Yes people are warned of getting wet but I have to say it's a lite myst not a soaking =)

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

• Dead men tell no tales.

I love World of Color the way it is, and see it at least once, sometimes twice, each time I visit DLR, I would like to see a few things changed.

For starters, the seating area should be renovated and made larger.

Secondly, more fire. The PoTC portion is one one of best parts of World of Color IMHO but being the pyromaniac that I am, I wouldn't seeing a few more flamethrowers in there. Also apparently there was something called the Chernabog tower or something that was supposed to be a big metal frame that would rise out of the water during the show and spew flames. That I would like to see.

And finally, holograms. Hologram technology is getting past the secret mad-scientist lab point and in the next few years will be something large companies can invest in. The current Laser effects are cool, but imagine a giant 3 dimensional projection of Zurg towering over the audience! That would be something to see someday.

• Minion

bring back the Hellfire sequence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast