Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Why DCA badly needs Monsters Inc Coaster in Hollywood Land!

While the characters are in Radiator Springs, in the movie Cars, it is stated many times that Lightning McQueen is GOING to California. Therefore, it CAN NOT be in California. Doesn't matter if the topography is the same. Parts of Chile, Spain and Jordan have similar topography as well. It states that it isn't California, right there in the dialogue.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

DCA needs Monstropolis like it needs a hole in the head.

The answer to all of this is turning the backlot into "Pixar Place" or "Animation Backlot". Pixar is a California based company and even though the theme won't exactly fit the 1920's Hollywood feel, it won't be a complete stretch like Monstropolis. The Pixar Place idea frees up the idea thematically so Disney can place whatever Pixar franchise they can in the park and could even turn the corner into a Pixar based Fantasyland. Which in turn should add even more attractions for kids and families, which can eventually lead to the demise of Flicks Fair for something much better.

On the topic of the coaster, sure but at the expense of the dark ride.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    If they'd drop the "California" and make it "Disney Adventure Park" then they'd be free to do whatever they want.

I think a NBC-themed land would be perfect for a non-DL park, with an E-ticket dark ride to anchor it (maybe we'd finally get a trackless ride here). They already have all the research from HMH and the year-round merchandise sales to demonstrate its mainstream popularity and rabid fan base. Jack Skellington could take over DCA from October-December further balancing crowds between the parks.
    I don't get it. Why would Nightmare Before Christmas work in DCA but not Monster Inc. Does NBC take place in CA? If not,they are both non-CA setting.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Minion

^apparently there were plans for an NBC attraction in PP themed to those haunted house dark rides that are commonly seen in boardwalk amusement parks

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The M View Post
    The answer to all of this is turning the backlot into "Pixar Place" or "Animation Backlot". Pixar is a California based company and even though the theme won't exactly fit the 1920's Hollywood feel, it won't be a complete stretch like Monstropolis. The Pixar Place idea frees up the idea thematically so Disney can place whatever Pixar franchise they can in the park and could even turn the corner into a Pixar based Fantasyland. Which in turn should add even more attractions for kids and families, which can eventually lead to the demise of Flicks Fair for something much better.

On the topic of the coaster, sure but at the expense of the dark ride.
    There's no such thing as a PIXAR PLACE

• -

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    While the characters are in Radiator Springs, in the movie Cars, it is stated many times that Lightning McQueen is GOING to California. Therefore, it CAN NOT be in California. Doesn't matter if the topography is the same.
    That argument only works if his destination in California is right at the border. In that case, as long as he didn’t arrive at his destination he would not be in California. However, if he not right at the border he would have to travel through part of the state in order to reach his final destination. Radiator Springs for all we know could be in the part of the state that he had to travel through to reach his final destination.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    That argument only works if his destination in California is right at the border. In that case, as long as he didn’t arrive at his destination he would not be in California. However, if he not right at the border he would have to travel through part of the state in order to reach his final destination. Radiator Springs for all we know could be in the part of the state that he had to travel through to reach his final destination.
    planodisney is right on this one. Specifically, the charcters say he needs to get to his race in California. The race is in LA. If they were in California, the characters would say he had to get to LA, not to California.

That aside, I like the idea of making a Pixar Place area as an adjunct to DCA HL.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Disney DNA? What does that mean?

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Disney DNA? What does that mean?
    Your kidding right?

• Nic

Monstropolis looks more like Boston, Queens, or Cleaveland when you look at it - it doesn't look like San Francisco, Los Angeles, or even San Jose. In that respect, it wouldn't work. Secondly, Cars Land was based off the epitome of an old dusty town in the desert, which is found in Arizona, New Mexico, and California. Cars Land also works in California Adventure due to the car culture found throughout the state - it's not like we have a Monster culture here as well. DCA does not need a quick fix - it needs a long term investment that will keep guests coming back for me. I personally think a Rock N' Rollercoaster themed to the music of No Doubt would be absolutely perfect for Hollywoodland.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I personally think a Rock N' Rollercoaster themed to the music of No Doubt would be absolutely perfect for Hollywoodland.
    Don't speak.

Get in line and settle down.

Go ahead and look at me, 'cause that's what I want.

• Banned User

Please no!! The love affair with RNRC in Hollywood Studios has already worn off significantly. The theming of the indoor coaster is paultry when compared with something like The Mummy or what they have talked about with the Monsters hanging coaster, and lastly, I cant think of a more irrelevant band nationally than No Doubt. We don't need a ride passed off as an e-ticket with cardboard cut out theming. If another LARGE investment is made into DCA, it doesn't JUST need to pass the theming test. It also needs to pass the "Will this bring destination tourists to the resort." Hopefully they can come up with something that accomplish both. however, Im afraid to say that most of the ideas for that area brought up by people who don't want Monstropolis wouldn't pass that test. It might be a terrific attraction and cause AP's to swarm the area for a few months, but that isn't anywhere close to good enough for what the resort needs to be about right now. Every single large investment right now needs to both improve the resort, and just as importantly, increase its profile. We wont see further expansions, new hotels, a 3rd gate and new lands until that happens, and RNRC, and Dick Tracy rides, at this time, wont accomplish that at all. I say that as someone who LOVES the whole Dick Tracy ride concept, but not right now.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Please no!! The love affair with RNRC in Hollywood Studios has already worn off significantly. The theming of the indoor coaster is paultry when compared with something like The Mummy or what they have talked about with the Monsters hanging coaster, and lastly, I cant think of a more irrelevant band nationally than No Doubt.
    Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Monstropolis looks more like Boston, Queens, or Cleaveland when you look at it - it doesn't look like San Francisco, Los Angeles, or even San Jose. In that respect, it wouldn't work. Secondly, Cars Land was based off the epitome of an old dusty town in the desert, which is found in Arizona, New Mexico, and California. Cars Land also works in California Adventure due to the car culture found throughout the state - it's not like we have a Monster culture here as well. DCA does not need a quick fix - it needs a long term investment that will keep guests coming back for me. I personally think a Rock N' Rollercoaster themed to the music of No Doubt would be absolutely perfect for Hollywoodland.
    I would've been ok with that I'd DCA was themed to modern Calif like it used to be, but now that its golden age Hollywood it wouldn't really fit as well

I agree with you on the monstropolis buildings. Although they were able to make an existing building in HL look like monstropolis for the Meet and Greet, the other structures in MI as well as MU would stick out to much IMO. Now although we obviously don't have monster culture lol, Hollywood does have a history with horror sifi films, so I would be fine if they made a ride somehow tying those themes in, although I think frankenweenie or another spooky disney film would be a better fit for an attraction like that.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast