Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Why DCA badly needs Monsters Inc Coaster in Hollywood Land!

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Your kidding right?
    No, I am not kidding. I have an assumption but I'm not going to put words in your mouth.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    No, I am not kidding. I have an assumption but I'm not going to put words in your mouth.
    I thought the same thing when I read that.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

I don't really understand the point of this thread. We've already debated this over and over and it's probably not even going to happen. Not to be a jerk, but this is probably one of MiceAge's worst, least substantiated rumors ever and if Al's not able and willing to sign-off as the author, who knows where this even came from.

If the OP had just said DCA needs another E-ticket in HL to spread out crowds then at least this could have become a thread about something different and important. That point I agree with, HL does need a new E-ticket, but not Monsters.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

I think HL is desperate for a new e-ticket, but it definitely doesnt HAVE to be Monsters. It has 1, and probably half of park visitors dont even ride it because of the drop factor. Im fine with another thrill ride back there, but hopefully a little more family friendly thrill. As I have stated before, what it does need to be, IMHO, is HUGELY marketable to the masses, ala Potter, Carsland and Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    We all know DCA HL needs Disney DNA just like Cars Land did , and that's why DCA needs a quick e-ticket Monsters Inc Coaster in Hollywood Land, because all the complaints I hear about DCA today is RSR wait time is too long , 2hours plus for a 5 minute ride is not worth it , and that's why HL monsters inc coaster has to commence once the summer is done! To ease CL congestion , Cause I don't see CL easing crowds the next few years what do you think share your thoughts!
    You know what's better than a quick e-ticket? Two solid d-tickets.

More capacity, put them in separate locations and it spreads crowds better, and faster to get up and running (designing an e-ticket is never "quick").

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    You know what's better than a quick e-ticket? Two solid d-tickets.

More capacity, put them in separate locations and it spreads crowds better, and faster to get up and running (designing an e-ticket is never "quick").
    D-tickets can take plenty of time too, just look at the Seven Dwarf's coaster at the Magic Kingdom. I hear what you're saying, but DCA really needs another E-ticket IMO. E-tickets really bring the crowds and generate the buzz. DCA really only has a couple attractions that are true E-ticket status. I would argue that DCA has a lot of D-tickets and hardly any E's. The ones that many people would probably call E's are somewhat below standard to me. I definitely wouldn't call GRR an E-ticket, and Soarin' is questionable as well. RSR is the park's only true E-ticket, Screamin' and ToT barely make the grade. So I'd say it has 3, but you could argue as high as 5, it's still not very many.
    -Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I love Crush's Coaster at DLP.

NOT suggesting this for Hollywood Land but just sayin'

Maybe somewhere else... (Pacific Ocean tie-in?)

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I love Crush's Coaster at DLP.

NOT suggesting this for Hollywood Land but just sayin'

Maybe somewhere else... (Pacific Ocean tie-in?)
    There were rumors about plans for a version of it to replace Goofy's Sky School, but I kind of doubt it will happen. I'm sure they'll come up with other ideas by the time they're ready to tackle that area again.
    -Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• Banned User

I love Crushs Coaster. I was at one time hoping for this to take the place of Goofys Sky School, but much of the same film elements of the ride are lifted straight from Nemo Subs. I dont think they would duplicate that.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's SOOO not like Subs, dude, it's like, waaay gnarlier!!!

• No Disassemble!

You could easily tie in a Monstropolis overlay to it being a "live set" that is still in Hollywood, just themed to make a Monsters movie.

Now whether the imagineers go with this is anyone's guess but my money's on that concept justifying Monsters being in Hollywood.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    You could easily tie in a Monstropolis overlay to it being a "live set" that is still in Hollywood, just themed to make a Monsters movie.

Now whether the imagineers go with this is anyone's guess but my money's on that concept justifying Monsters being in Hollywood.
    As much as I dislike the Monsters idea, I'd prefer they don't use this silly justification and just put Monstropolis in without explanation. The buildings can just be slightly more Hollywood feeling around the entry and become more Monstropolis once you turn the corner away from Hollywood Blvd. If they're going to screw up the theme there's really no need for pathetic justifications.
    -Walt Disney

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

At the risk of going off topic..... What SPECIFICALLY makes an attraction and E or D ticket? One poster said that they wouldn't consider GRR to be an E ticket. Why? That being said, what type of criteria would make this Monsters Inc. coaster an E as opposed to a D ticket?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pyttius View Post
    At the risk of going off topic..... What SPECIFICALLY makes an attraction and E or D ticket? One poster said that they wouldn't consider GRR to be an E ticket. Why? That being said, what type of criteria would make this Monsters Inc. coaster an E as opposed to a D ticket?
    It's completely a matter of opinion at this point, it's just a measure of perceived value. Nothing can specifically define an attraction as an E today because there are no ticket books anymore. What really made an attraction an E-ticket back in the day was mostly based on operation costs and profit and demand vs. capacity. Many things like the Tiki Room and the RoA ships were E's because of their operating costs. So maybe GRR would be an E because of its maintenance costs. But if I had a limited amount of E-tickets that I could use in both parks GRR would be one of the last rides I'd use it on.
    -Walt Disney

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast