Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Re: Why DCA badly needs Monsters Inc Coaster in Hollywood Land!

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    If they'd drop the "California" and make it "Disney Adventure Park" then they'd be free to do whatever they want.

I think a NBC-themed land would be perfect for a non-DL park, with an E-ticket dark ride to anchor it (maybe we'd finally get a trackless ride here). They already have all the research from HMH and the year-round merchandise sales to demonstrate its mainstream popularity and rabid fan base. Jack Skellington could take over DCA from October-December further balancing crowds between the parks.
    here is the NBC concept
    Attached Images Attached Images  

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Nice ride vehicle design! One can only hope...

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    here is the NBC concept
    here's another one

• Unhelpful User

here's another one
    One more

• враг народа

Blog Entries

So no answer as to what constitutes "Disney DNA?"

Is it in Imagineers who briefly left Disney to work with Universal Creative?

• Banned User

Its definitely looking more and more likely that we may get Monstropolis in the Hollywood Backlot. That picture from Screamscape showing site line baloons and the fact that Monsters Universities tracking and daily box office is spectacular. Its well on its way to becoming only the 5th animated movie to top the 300 milion mark in domestic box office. It had virtually the same opening weekend as The Hobbit but has since outperformed The Hobbit significantly in terms of daily box office. The Hobbit made over 300 million. It is a HUGE hit for Disney. Rumors have moved from just coming from Miceage, to now coming from multiple sources on different sites. Starting to look VERY possible.

• Seeker of Fun

That area of the park needs something, but I personally don't think a Monsters ride of any sort is the answer. It feels like a barren wasteland over there as it is. How about something creative, that doesn't necessarily tie into a movie?
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    That area of the park needs something, but I personally don't think a Monsters ride of any sort is the answer. It feels like a barren wasteland over there as it is. How about something creative, that doesn't necessarily tie into a movie?
    Sorry the people have spoken "we love Monsters" and disney will not only bring it to the Hollywood but also to hollywood land, I also heard from sources that they will announce this at the D23 expo
    Last edited by DCAfanatic; 06-27-2013 at 09:49 PM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Sorry the people have spoken "we love Monsters" and disney will not only bring it to the Hollywood but also to hollywood , I also heard from sources that they will announce this at the D23 expo
    The people have spoken....you mean the ten people on one website?

While this would not be the worst thing to happen at DCA......I'd much rather a ride more like Mystic Manor but set in a Hollywood set depart ment....would be soo much more worth it then another coaster

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Sorry the people have spoken "we love Monsters" and disney will not only bring it to the Hollywood but also to hollywood , I also heard from sources that they will announce this at the D23 expo
    People liking a film doesn't mean the franchise should just be shoved anywhere without thought for story and place.

• Banned User

I wasnt in anyway implying hat the PEOPLE have spoken. Just stating what now looks like is going to happen and why.
    Also, DCAfanatic, where did you hear that they are going to announce this at d23? I havent seen that anywhere.

• Banned User

I would actually like to ask one question. Those of you who are adamately against Monstropolis, understandably, on the grounds that it will just be plopped down without any consideration to location, what, in your opinion, are imagineers thinking. Do you realy think that they have given NO consideration to location and ways to thematically tie it in? Do you believe it is of no concern to them? And, you realy cant just blame something like this on management because management isnt saying, "put Monstropolis in the Backlot." If it gets approved will be a management decision, but not the idea and design.

When will people learn that there will always be rumors about the latest movie getting an attraction at Disneyland.

This is literally no different than everyone's alleged "sources" "confirming" rides for Prince of Persia, Oz, Pirates, Narnia, Tinkerbell, Wreck It Ralph, Meet the Robinsons, Wall-E, John Carter, etc. etc.

Your sources, are not credible.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    I would actually like to ask one question. Those of you who are adamately against Monstropolis, understandably, on the grounds that it will just be plopped down without any consideration to location, what, in your opinion, are imagineers thinking. Do you realy think that they have given NO consideration to location and ways to thematically tie it in? Do you believe it is of no concern to them? And, you realy cant just blame something like this on management because management isnt saying, "put Monstropolis in the Backlot." If it gets approved will be a management decision, but not the idea and design.
    We don't really know, it very well could be that management did insist on a Monsters ride at DCA. But even if they didn't, Imagineers are normal people with families and bills to pay. Someone pitched a Monster's Coaster, and now management is asking for something for DCA and possibly already liked the Monsters Coaster concept. When the Imagineer gets an opportunity to fully develop one of their concepts, which means job stability for them and their team for a couple of years, they're going to take it. They may not think it's the best possible idea for this location, but doing the project means job security and the possibility for career advancement. Very few people are going to say, you know what, my competitor's concept is really better for this location, you should go with him and make sure he gets job security and the next promotion.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    When will people learn that there will always be rumors about the latest movie getting an attraction at Disneyland.

This is literally no different than everyone's alleged "sources" "confirming" rides for Prince of Persia, Oz, Pirates, Narnia, Tinkerbell, Wreck It Ralph, Meet the Robinsons, Wall-E, John Carter, etc. etc.

Your sources, are not credible.
    I think and hope you're right, but I'm still worried.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast