Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Why DCA badly needs Monsters Inc Coaster in Hollywood Land!

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    The Hollywood Back Lot is big enough to technically be re-zoned as a Monsters-land type place. On the park map it wouldn't stand out much but on foot it may be kind of weird if a guest were to walk down Hollywood blvd, hang a left into Monstropolis through some unmarked backdrop's entrance, and then head back out the farther corridor back onto Hollywood again.

I'd like to see the imagineers build a replica of the El Capitan for guests to pass through to Monstropolis and then make Monstropolis look super vivid and surreal, like the guest was transported into a 3D movie. Maybe they could also make the Jimmy Kimmel studio building as an alternate gateway.

Of course this would mean that the gigantic painted backdrop would need to have the El Cap removed from it.
    That's one way to reach for a fit, but doesn't it all seem like a stretch to shoehorn this in DCA?

Didnt the prequel perform well below expectations?

• Sock Puppet

It will pass UP in about 2 weeks to become the 3rd highest grossing Pixar film of all time behind only TS3 and Nemo. It's on it's way to finishing somewhere between 740 and 750 million. Don't think that is well below expectations.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

That's good news.

At any rate, it doesn't fit the theme of DCA, and I don't favor Monstropolis.

• Sock Puppet

I've heard from 2 or 3 different people from 2 different sites who definitely have inside sources that its already been greenlit and construction of some kind will begin in October. I think Monstropolis is a done deal. I think it will be a fantastic addition to the resort. I'm fine with even the smallest of tie ins for that area if the theming and attraction are top notch. It would be hugely popular.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Don't speak.

Get in line and settle down.

Go ahead and look at me, 'cause that's what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by xceemora View Post
    They could make a monster Inc Coaster but would it be cool if disney could do a crush's coaster from Disneyland Paris n also build another coaster where maliboomer was n built RC Racer From Toy Story Playland in Paris n Hong Kong.

A crush coaster was going to be part of the DCA re-do and was considered as a replacement for mullholand madness (goofy skyscool). The coaster was going to be an exact clone but with a differ storyline since crush coaster in Paris has same story as the Disneyland subs the idea was scrapped.

next in line was an idea for a ratatouille ride for the same area and that was scrapped what DCA needs is another family style ride in Paradise Pier but first of all a family thrill ride in Hollywood backlot to help spread crowds especially in the evenings when Paradise Pier goes dark for WOC

Disney has so many strong intellectual properties that would make great attractions.
    hopefully the recent purchase of the huge lot on Ball and Harbor for a new CM parking lot is the beginning of parking expansion to start clearing up the land for the third gate

I see this idea come up a lot and I'm not sure I really get it, and I certainly don't want to see it happen. How would such an attraction work? You ride in or on a door? What?

They should build a Great Movie Ride-style attraction.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

That would make too much sense and fit too perfectly in HOLLYWOOD LAND so they'll never do it!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Is the ride really going to have much capacity? I know it will get people into the parks...but seems like it wont be a people eater like the OP thinks it will be

After seeing the new film...im less against it...but still rather see something new...disney relies on films too much these days

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789