Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Why DCA badly needs Monsters Inc Coaster in Hollywood Land!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  23.9 KBWe all know DCA HL needs Disney DNA just like Cars Land did , and that's why DCA needs a quick e-ticket Monsters Inc Coaster in Hollywood Land, because all the complaints I hear about DCA today is RSR wait time is too long , 2hours plus for a 5 minute ride is not worth it , and that's why HL monsters inc coaster has to commence once the summer is done! To ease CL congestion , Cause I don't see CL easing crowds the next few years what do you think share your thoughts!
    Last edited by DCAfanatic; 06-29-2013 at 10:48 PM.

• -

Re: Why DCA badly needs Monsters Inc Coaster in Hollywood Land!

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    We all know DCA HL needs Disney DNA just like Cars Land did , and that's why DCA needs a quick e-ticket Monsters Inc Coaster in Hollywood Land, because all the complaints I hear about DCA today is RSR wait time is too long , 2hours plus for a 5 minute ride is not worth it , and that's why HL monsters inc coaster has to commence once the summer is done! To ease CL congestion , Cause I don't see CL easing crowds the next few years what do you think share your thoughts!
    I agree another crowd eater is needed, but I don’t feel that this is the way to go. Monstropolis is not a suburb of Hollywood and doesn’t even exist in CA. The Monsters Inc ride that is there now is out of place, I wouldn’t want to further muddle the theme. It would be much better to come up with something that thematically fits the land.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

I agree with calsig. Rushing a ride simply because it is felt that "DCA needs a quick e-ticket" sounds like the thinking behind the failure that was DCA 1.0. Do we really need another mediocre attraction to complain about once the shine has worn off?

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• A Happy Haunt

How do we know Monstropolis or Monsters U is not based on an actual place in CA... Like a lot of people argue that Cars Land is based in CA when it was actually modeled after a place in AZ...

close enough, right?
    i would prefer to see toon town replaced by Monsters Land but adding a Monsters E ticket in dca isn't that bad of an idea.

• Future Imagineer

It's not the land DCA deserves, but the one it needs

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingdolt View Post
    i would prefer to see toon town replaced by Monsters Land but adding a Monsters E ticket in dca isn't that bad of an idea.
    Please no . Toontown is fine the way it is (although it could use some more rides) and we don't need a pixar movie themed land in DL. It would work better as a monster-ized version of LA with some areas from the movie (like MI, Haryhousins restaurant, and possible a MU area or ride), but I agree that Monstropolis in DCA is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Perhaps new attractions to DCA HL should be HL themed?
    How says this isn't part of an HL expansion (Al did mentioned that they are close to doing Phase 2)

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

I always get the feeling that folks who want to replace Toontown with (insert attraction/land of choice) are folks who don't have small children. From everything I have heard, Toontown is a wonderful place for toddlers and preschool age kids to run, explore, and have fun. Same with the much-maligned Bug Land attractions. Many are geared toward the youngest Disney guests. Give the little kids some love! There's plenty of other fun to be had at DCA for older kids and grown-ups.

To move this concept more onto this thread's topic, how much more thrill ride focus does DCA need? I really think the 3rd gate will end up being a mainly thrill park, especially if it ends up being Marvel and/or Star Wars driven. Perhaps new attractions to DCA HL should be HL themed?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingdolt View Post
    How do we know Monstropolis or Monsters U is not based on an actual place in CA... Like a lot of people argue that Cars Land is based in CA when it was actually modeled after a place in AZ...
    The movie never stated that Radiator Springs was in Arizona and there are places in California that resemble the landscape of Radiator Springs.

That being said, there is no way that Monstropolis is in any way part of California. It was made very clear that this was another world. Disney needs to get their creativity back and actually come up with something that will fit into its land, not just place “square peg brand” into “round hole land” just to market its characters.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Well said on both accounts calsig13. Disney needs to get back to being both creative and original, and staying with the established them of a land. And additionally, please, enough Pixar!

If they'd drop the "California" and make it "Disney Adventure Park" then they'd be free to do whatever they want.

I think a NBC-themed land would be perfect for a non-DL park, with an E-ticket dark ride to anchor it (maybe we'd finally get a trackless ride here). They already have all the research from HMH and the year-round merchandise sales to demonstrate its mainstream popularity and rabid fan base. Jack Skellington could take over DCA from October-December further balancing crowds between the parks.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    If they'd drop the "California" and make it "Disney Adventure Park" then they'd be free to do whatever they want.

I think a NBC-themed land would be perfect for a non-DL park, with an E-ticket dark ride to anchor it (maybe we'd finally get a trackless ride here). They already have all the research from HMH and the year-round merchandise sales to demonstrate its mainstream popularity and rabid fan base. Jack Skellington could take over DCA from October-December further balancing crowds between the parks.
    Fantastic idea, then they could rid of Haunted Mansion Holiday once and for all.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

... and it would get NBC out of the HM! NBC deserves it own area (a fab dark ride if not a whole land) and HM deserves to be itself all year long.

** Especially if DLR is serious about becoming a destination park like WDW. If folks fly in from all over to see DLR they will want ALL the rides present and ridable at all times. This is one of the reasons my fam & I have had to restructure our DLR visit from a mid September visit to an early June visit. If we fly all the way from Ohio we DARNED SURE want to ride the HM, NOT the HMH or, worse yet, NO HM at all because it is down for a refit!

Sorry... (/)

sounds like a cheap knockoff park.. they should just drop the whole "adventure" thing and rename it completely

•   

They could make a monster Inc Coaster but would it be cool if disney could do a crush's coaster from Disneyland Paris n also build another coaster where maliboomer was n built RC Racer From Toy Story Playland in Paris n Hong Kong.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

They're NOT going to change the park's name. Again. Ever.

• Minion

DCA does need something to eat up crowds, but it doesn't necissarily have to be Monsters Inc. There are tons of themes that are better fit for HL that they can use original and property. But if they really need to use monsters for an attraction, i'd like for them to kind of adapt it to the area and make it so that it actually fits the theme, like a guided tour through different sound stages via doors, or like Right Ear said a monster version of Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    They're NOT going to change the park's name. Again. Ever.
    THANK YOU

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast