John Stone - a former Imagineer

Hello, my name is Lois and I am a friend of John Stone who is a former Imagineer
    His wife Debra is my best friend and yesterday they lost John after a long 7 month battle after his heart stopped beating and he was involved in a car accident. He had many set-backs and a rally but he just didn't make it.

Here is a little blurb from his family:

June 24th,2013 12:00pm noon my beloved John went to be with God his father. He left behind a wonderful legacy. He was one of the Sr. Concept Designers for Walt Disney Imagineering for over 26 years & will be remembered for his work on EPCOT Center, New Fantasyland, Indiana Jones, Winnie the Pooh, & Splash Mountain along with many others. The pride he took in each project was amazing & his God given talent unbelievable. Prior to Disney he worked for a miniature company where he made the models of the Space Shuttle. One of the Shuttles is in the Smithsonian, one is in the Kennedy Space Center, & one can be seen in the James Bond movie Moonraker. His greatest design project ever though was his three girls of whom he was very proud. Abigail, Emily, & Kelsie who all three graduate in December with their Bachelor Degrees & I know their Dad was extremely proud. We thank everyone for all of their support & prayers.
    God Bless
    Debra

As a side not a memorial fund is being set up at [email protected] to help with costs as they have lost all financial support. I as his friend for well over 30 years was so proud of al his designs and enjoyed see them come too what we enjoy today. Tony Baxter, the late Bruce Gordon were two of his best friends and they worked together on Splash. from lolo71
    Last edited by lolo71; 06-25-2013 at 07:44 PM.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: John Stone - a former Imagineer

Sorry to hear of your loss Lois.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

This is such a sad story. But we really appreciate that you have shared it with us.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Thank you for sharing the news of the loss of another Imagineer. Please give our condolences to the family.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!