Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: What new land would you like to see??

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I would want a mini land in DCA where Monster's inc is dedicated to Walt's original characters in B&W. All the buildings and walk around characters would be in B&W as well. Instead of the Door coaster they want to make maybe they could make it after plane crazy.
    I like this! Move Goofy's Sky School to the inside of the Millionaire Building.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frankiefalzon View Post
    I assumed the wreck it Ralph comment was a joke, sort of like monstropolis in the backlot and a planes overlay in condor flats.
    Uh well it's possible but I've heard this proposed for real several times, I can't remember WHO

Quote Originally Posted by frankiefalzon View Post
    Though on topic, I have always wanted a San Francisco themed land to go into DCA. I'd want there to be a Chinatown alley way, a main street that resembles the turn of the century or 20s San Francisco, and an E ticket Alcatraz boat ride. I'd want it to be a very quaint land, much like Nw Orleans Square. I'd also want it to either replace a bugs land, or go in the area between a bugs land ToT, and RSR.
    YES! Granted I'm completely biased, but the lack of San Francisco stuff in DCA is ridiculous! There is so much charm, beauty, and character to SF... how could they not include any SF stuff in a theme park named after California?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    YES! Granted I'm completely biased, but the lack of San Francisco stuff in DCA is ridiculous! There is so much charm, beauty, and character to SF... how could they not include any SF stuff in a theme park named after California?
    I agree as well. That's the only place in the existing parks that needs a new land. Not a huge fan of an Alcatraz ride, it sounds too dark to me, but I really think the park needs a land with an SF feel. Personally, I think it needs the entire space of Bug's Land and the remaining parking lot.

I'd have the new entry to the land start with more classic Spanish style buildings that would be reminiscent of early SF and and complement the Carthay and the Winery. Then move into a late 1800's version of San Francisco in the current FFF area. Then into a China Town area near ToT and into the former parking lot.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

I agree with adding new rides to really establish lands. Something more elaborate in Frontierland, something new on the rivers of America, and something else in critter country, which in my mind still barely resembles a land, but is still a nice area.

I'd love to see them build onto the existing lands more than a new land... Though to be honest these would be my top requests

Disneyland: IF they add a new land... I'd love to see a sort of villain's land connecting critter country and toon town. Not a large land but maybe an area that looks sort of lonely and forbidding, with a villain's revue (like villains tonight) and perhaps 1-2 rides (though to be honest, I wouldn't bat an eye if it was added as fantasyland or toon town).

DCA: A San Francisco area would be nice and I can actually see this happening if the Big Hero 6 takes off. Now... I know this is probably something that would get tomatoes thrown at me but... I think that this would probably be a better fit for DCA than Monstropolis, though I wouldn't be surprised if they saved that for the third park...

Potential third gate?: In addition to "star wars land" and "marvel land" I can see them doing something like Have their main street be modeled after the Heroes Canyon in New York, before splitting into what I'd guess would be "star wars land" (which could feasibly be modeled after Coruscant), marvel land, which could either be a SHIELD training center on the outskirts of the "city", and two other lands, with one probably including the Incredibles or possibly a land modeled after a run down neighborhood that could be a home to an attraction like the dick tracy's crime stoppers.

Sorry if I went a bit off topic for the last one but to be honest, for disneyland and DCA, I think they're golden how they are and only need a bit of tweaking to either make it easier to get around (in the case of a connecting land for critter country and toon town) or perhaps add a little something that was missing before (like a San Francisco area).

I think an old San Fran area would be a nice addition to DCA, maybe themed to the 1849 Gold Rush ideally I'd replace paradise pier which I think doesn't really belong in a Disney park

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I want more than just a new land for Disneyland: My ideal souvenir guide would look something like this......

MAIN ST. USA:

ATTRACTIONS---

DISNEYLAND RAILROAD...All aboard an old-fashioned steam train for a grand circle tour of Disneyland and a visit to the Man Looks to the Stars and USA Lands on Moon Dioramas. {D}
    MAIN ST. VEHICLES---Fire engine, Horseless Carriage, St. Cars, or Omnibus from one end of Main St. to the other. {A}
    THE WALT DISNEY STORY FEATURING GREAT MOMENTS WITH MR. LINCOLN---Browse through a display showcasing Disney awards, memorabilia and Walts personal offices and then view an audio-animatronic tribute to our 16th President. {Free}
    MAIN ST. CINEMA---Enjoy great Disney shorts from the silent era. {B}
    PENNY ARCADE---A room full of fun for a penny, nickel, dime or quarter.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    DINING---

THE AMERICAN EGG HOUSE---Presented by the American Egg Board---Omelets, Big Salads, Giant sized Sandwiches and other specialties. Dine alfresco in a quiet corner of Town Square. Table Service, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.
    BLUE RIBBON BAKERY---Baked good, sandwiches and drinks.
    CARNATION CAFE---Breakfast, sandwiches, gourmet coffees and ice cream. Table Service, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.
    GIBSON GIRL ICE CREAM PARLOR---Dreyer's Ice Cream.
    MAIN ST. CONE SHOP---Hosted by Dreyer's.
    PLAZA INN---A variety of hot entrees and sandwiches, salads and deserts featuring home style favorites. Table Service, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.
    ROSE'S---Friend Chicken, roast pork, old-fashioned beef stew, spaghetti & meatballs, Cincinnati Chili, hot sandwiches, salads, deserts and hot and cold beverages. Buffeteria, Lunch/Dinner.
    CARNATION PLAZA GARDENS---Cold chicken, potato salad, PB&J sandwiches served in picnic baskets.
    REFRESHMENT CORNER---Coca-cola, foot long hot dogs(and junior dogs too), and assorted snacks.

---------------------------------------------------------------

ADVENTURELAND:

ATTRACTIONS---

ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM---Take part in a musical luau where the birds, flowers and tropical tikis entertain. {C}
    JUNGLE CRUISE---Board an explorer's launch to venture down dangerous tropical rivers and penetrate the jungle. {D}
    SWISS FAMILY TREE HOUSE---The Swiss family Robinson have come home. Explore the tree-top residence built by the ingenious ship-wrecked family.
    {B}
    INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE---Help Indy explore the Temple of the Forbidden Eye. {E}
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    DINING---

BENGAL BARBECUE---BBQ Kabobs, hot and cold beverages.
    TIKI JUICE BAR---Hosted by Dole.
    TAHITIAN TERRACE---Polynesian specialties including Teriyaki chicken or steak, seafood specialties and exotic salads and deserts....live Polynesian show. Table Service, Lunch/Dinner.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW ORLEANS SQUARE:

ATTRACTIONS---

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN---Sail with a motley crew for the wildest adventure ever to rock the Spanish Main. {E}
    HAUNTED MANSION---Join the 999 Happy Haunts, just try not to be number 1,000. {E}
    DISNEYLAND RAILROAD---Disembark at Toon Town, Tomorrowland, Main St. or ride round trip. {D}
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    DINING---

ROYAL ST. VERANDAH---Chowder and gumbo in bread bowls, fritters, frozen bananas and fruit beverages.
    CAFE ORLEANS---Salads, sandwiches, soups and other cajun specialties. Table Service, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.
    THE BLUE BAYOU---Seafood, chicken, beef entrees. Monte Cristo Sandwiches salads and deserts. Dine by starlight on an intimate, romantic patio. Table Service, Lunch/Dinner.
    THE FRENCH MARKET---Munch on Southern Style entrees while listening to live Jazz. Buffeteria, Lunch/Dinner.
    LE PETITE PATISSERIE---Boxed meals, sandwiches, chowders and deserts served out of a tiny window.
    MINT JULEP BAR---Fritters, ice cream bars, mint juleps and lemonade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

CRITTER COUNTRY:

ATTRACTIONS---

DAVY CROCKETS EXPLORER CANOES---Paddle your own canoe on the Rivers of America with an explorer scout. {D}
    COUNTRY BEAR MT.---Race to the top of Critter Countries newest peak and back down again with the musical encouragement of its' 18 un-bear-ably funny bear-itones. {E}
    SPLASH MT.---Join Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox and Brer Bear for a zip-a-dee-do-dah adventure. {E}
    -------------------------------------------------------
    DINING---

HUNGRY BEAR RESTAURANT---Hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken fillets, salads and deserts.
    HARBOUR GALLEY---Clam Chowder, snacks and beverages.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    FRONTIERLAND:

ATTRACTIONS---

BIG THUNDER MT. RAILROAD---Ride out the storm on this runaway mine train. {E}
    COYOTE CANYON RIVER EXPEDITION---Join cowboys, desperado's, indians, and more for a western river expedition. {E}

MARK TWAIN STEAMBOAT---Board a steam powered stern-wheeler and cruise the Rivers of America back to the era when Cotton was King. {C}
    SAILING SHIP COLUMBIA---Cruise on a replica of the first American ship to circle the globe. {C}
    RAFTS TO TOM SAWYER ISLAND---Explore Tom Sawyer Islands hidden caves, rickety bridges and newly rebuilt Fort Wilderness. {C}
    FRONTIERLAND KEEL BOATS---Survey the wilds of the frontier on this one way boat trip to Mystery Bay...watch out for geysers. {D}
    -------------------------------------------------------
    DINING---

RANCHO DEL ZOCALO RESTAURANT---Mexican Specialties, deserts and beverages.
    GOLDEN HORSESHOE REVUE---Silver Dollar Hamburgers, Contest Chili(5 tiny cup sampler or choose your favorite for a large bowl), BBQ sandwiches, deserts and beverages.....live show. Table Service, Lunch/Dinner.
    STAGE DOOR CAFE---Chili, Hamburgers, snacks and beverages.
    WHEELHOUSE---Soft Ice Cream and beverages.
    RIVER BELLE TERRACE---Bacon and eggs, Mickey Mouse Pancakes and Waffles, home-style lunch and dinner entrees. Buffeteria, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.
    FORT WILDERNESS SNACK BAR---Apple Cider, snacks, sandwiches and refreshments on Tom Sawyer Island.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    MYSTERY BAY:

ATTRACTIONS---

JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH---Drill your way into the Earths Crust near the base of a throbbing Volcano....Mt. Prometheus. {E}
    MYSTERY BAY KEEL BOATS---One way journey to the wilds of the Frontier....watch out for scratching bears. {D}
    NAUTILUS---Captain Nemo's famous Submarine is docked at the Mystery Bay Marina.....take a self guided walking tour of the Incredible vessal. {B}
    ISLAND AT THE TOP OF THE WORLD---Take an epic journey aboard an airship to the North Pole. {E}
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    DINING---

VULCANIA---Dine inside a throbbing volcano on seafood and vegetarian specialties including Eggplant Alfredo. Table Service, Lunch/Dinner.
    BAY VIEW RESTAURANT---Turkey Dijon, Almond encrusted Halibut, Salmon Burgers, shrimp salads, and Jello Deserts. Buffeteria, Lunch/Dinner.
    REFRESHMENT STATION---Gyoza, bento, rice, green tea and other beverages.

----------------------------------------------------------------

FANTASYLAND:

ATTRACTIONS---

SLEEPING BEAUTY CASTLE---Diorama scenes inside the castle tell the story of Sleeping Beauty. {A}
    DUMBO FLYING ELEPHANT---{C}
    MAD TEA PARTY---{C}
    KING ARTHUR CARROUSEL---Ride one of 72 prancing white steeds. {A}
    PETER PAN FLIGHT---Fly over moonlit London to Never-Never Land aboard a pirate galleon. {D}
    MR TOADS WILD RIDE---Joyride from Toad Hall to Old London. {C}
    ALICE IN WONDERLAND---Re-live the fantastic adventures of Alice. {C}
    MATTERHORN BOBSLEDS---Race thru icy caverns towards an encounter with the abominiable snowman. {E}
    BEAUTY AND THE BEAST---Sit down and enjoy songs from the classic movie sung to you by enchanted candlesticks, dishes, clocks, and many others. {E}
    THE RESCUERS---Board an Evanrude powered leaf to help Bianca and Bernard rescue Penny...watch out for angry alligators. {D}

IT'S A SMALL WORLD---Join children from around the world for the happiest cruise that ever sailed. {D}
    HERCULES---Join Herc and friends as he goes from zero to hero in this Monster sized stage show. {Free}
    STORYBOOK LAND CANAL BOATS---View miniature world of Classic Fairy Tales. {D}
    CASEY JR. CIRCUS TRAIN---Hop aboard the little train who could for a journey around storybook land. {C}
    SKYWAY TO TOMORROWLAND---One way journey thru the Matterhorn for an aerial view of Disneyland. {C}
    PINNOCHIO'S DARING JOURNEY---Journey to Pleasure Island and back home. {C}
    SNOW WHITES SCARY ADVENTURES---Travel to the dark forest and the dwarves diamond mine. {C}
    --------------------------------------------------------
    DINING---

VILLAGE HAUS RESTAURANT---German and Northern Italian specialties. Table Service, Lunch/Dinner.
    HERCS HERO SANDWICHES---Giant sized Hero Sandwiches...big enough to split 3 ways; snacks and beverages.
    CAPTAIN HOOKS PIRATE SHIP GALLEY---Grilled Sandwiches; Tinkerbells Tuna salad, Lost Boys Ham & Cheese, Peter Pan's PB&J, and Hooks Grilled Crocodile Sandwich. Eat on Skull Rock Patio or Rescuer View Patio.
    ----------------------------------------------

LONDON STREETS:

ATTRACTIONS---

DISNEYLAND RAILROAD---Round trip or stop off at Tomorrowland, Main St. or Frontierland station. {D}
    MARY POPPINS---Join Mary, Bert, and the rest for this delightful jolly holiday. {E}
    BEDKNOBS---Climb into bed for a fantastic adventure to save London. {C}
    BAKER STREET MYSTERIES---Explore this mysterious little corner of London on your own and try to solve its' many riddles. {Free}

--------------------------------------------------
    DINING---

Pongo's---Roast Beef & Yorkshire pudding, Roast Lamb with mint sauce, and other traditional London fare. Table Service. Lunch/Dinner.
    The Rat Trap---Fish and Chips, beverages and more.

---------------------------------------------------

TOMORROWLAND:

ATTRACTIONS---

STAR TOURS---Unique Adventures await intrepid space tourists.{E}
    STARCADE---2 whole floors of Out-of-the-World arcade games that you can only find here at Disneyland.
    SPACE MT.---Penetrate super space. {E}
    MAGIC EYE THEATER PRESENTS ---INNERSPACE---Welcome aboard the bridge of the first Innerspace Ship. {Free}
    HORRIZONS---Board a carrousel theater trip into the future of family living. Be it in an urban apartment, an undersea ranchhouse or a condo on the moon. {E}
    SKYWAY---One way trip over Tomorrowland to Fantasyland. {C}
    DISNEYLAND RR---Grand Circle Tour of Disneyland starting with a visit to Man Looks to the Stars and USA Lands on Moon Dioramas. {D}
    HOVERTOPIA---Skilled drivers take the wheel for a scenic drive around Tomorrowland on a cushion of air. {D}
    SUBMARINE VOYAGE---Underwater adventure. {D}
    DISNEYLAND MONORAIL---One way trip to either the Grand Californian Hotel or Downtown Disney. {Free}
    BUZZ LIGHTYEARs TIME MACHINE---Help Buzz and his reluctant ally, Zurg, save the Galaxy from a rip in the Space-Time-Continuum . {D}
    ROCKET JETS---High above all of Tomorrowland race to the stars. {D}
    PEOPLEMOVER---Take a leisurely tour of the world of Tomorrow aboard your high tech Personal Rapid Transit vehicle with an exciting high speed visit to CenterCore. {D}

--------------------------------------------------
    DINING---

JUPITER VIEW DINER---Crunch on Martian Cakes and Neptune Sliders at the most popular space-truck stop outside the asteriod belt. Every table has an awesome view of the planet Jupiter below. Table Service, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.
    TOMORROWLAND TERRACE---Breakfast, sandwiches, burgers, and more
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Hey, Jeff... when can I book my trip?

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• I do believe in fairies!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I agree completely. But of those original ideas, I tend to think more in terms of environment. I think something along the lines of a New England seaport village, or London or something.
    I think that's a great idea, but it would have to go in Disneyland since DCA is supposed to be California themed - which I always thought was weird in the first place. I mean we LIVE in California why would we need to see more of it. Just never made sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    For DCA, something based on California.

For Disneyland, no new lands, just work on Frontierland and Tomorrowland.

For park Three: Star Wars Land
    Tomorrowland could definitely use a face lift or make a complete new land out of it. With technology as fast paced as it is today it's impossible to keep up with what tomorrow will look like. Back in the day when the park opened the space program was a new thing so it was easy to have all these dreams of the future which Tomorrowland fit nicely into but now...it just can't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I would want a mini land in DCA where Monster's inc is dedicated to Walt's original characters in B&W. All the buildings and walk around characters would be in B&W as well. Instead of the Door coaster they want to make maybe they could make it after plane crazy.
    I think the whole B&W thing would be uninteresting, for me anyway, other people might like it. And btw in Disneyland they have the cinema on Main Street which plays vintage B&W Mickey toons constantly. The place is dead as a doornail so I don't think your idea would go over very big. But Hollywood land definitely needs an overhaul.
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneM View Post
    I'd love to see them build onto the existing lands more than a new land... Though to be honest these would be my top requests

Disneyland: IF they add a new land... I'd love to see a sort of villain's land connecting critter country and toon town. Not a large land but maybe an area that looks sort of lonely and forbidding, with a villain's revue (like villains tonight) and perhaps 1-2 rides (though to be honest, I wouldn't bat an eye if it was added as fantasyland or toon town).

DCA: A San Francisco area would be nice and I can actually see this happening if the Big Hero 6 takes off. Now... I know this is probably something that would get tomatoes thrown at me but... I think that this would probably be a better fit for DCA than Monstropolis, though I wouldn't be surprised if they saved that for the third park...

Potential third gate?: In addition to "star wars land" and "marvel land" I can see them doing something like Have their main street be modeled after the Heroes Canyon in New York, before splitting into what I'd guess would be "star wars land" (which could feasibly be modeled after Coruscant), marvel land, which could either be a SHIELD training center on the outskirts of the "city", and two other lands, with one probably including the Incredibles or possibly a land modeled after a run down neighborhood that could be a home to an attraction like the dick tracy's crime stoppers.

Sorry if I went a bit off topic for the last one but to be honest, for disneyland and DCA, I think they're golden how they are and only need a bit of tweaking to either make it easier to get around (in the case of a connecting land for critter country and toon town) or perhaps add a little something that was missing before (like a San Francisco area).
    I think they should turn Tomorrowland into a "Marvel land" or something like Gotham where all the superheroes hang out. They could do something similar to the Batman rollercoast at Six Flags. Not necessarily a "Batman" themed but one of those rollercoasters where you feel like your free floating. Disneyland has nothing like that. So I think Tomorrowland would be the land I would like improved or removed and replaced with something better. I think they should keep Finding Nemo Sub ride though. It's cute and has a pretty long line so it's popular.

As for wanting more California based attractions like San Francisco and such - the park originally was based all in California and it was a big bomb losing money hand over fist. CDA had it's run at California. They still have the Pier area and that's about as California "thrill" ride you can get.

They should leave A Bug's World alone. It's a great place for the little kiddies and let's face it the park can't all be about adult thrill rides and attractions. Little people have a right to be entertained too.

Rumor has it that Hollywood Land is going to be converted into Monstropolis which is fine but they better put some more interesting ride attractions than what they've got in there right now or at least make it more visible. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue is tucked back into a corner which makes it invisible from the street. I didn't even know it was there.

As for Condor Flats, if the new Planes movie takes off like Cars did I can see them converting that to a Planesland which would be easy to add new attractions to, both kiddie and adult a like.

Anyway, that's my two cents...and we are all dreaming anyway.
    "While there is very little grown-up in a child, there's still a lot of child in every grown up." ~ Walt Disney

• formerly very helpful

Love it, SleepyJeff.

I would love to see a gold rush circle. You could have western river expedition that was originally designed for disney world. a zorro themed museum, maybe a great movie ride type attraction themed to the wild west. you could also pan for gold there.

• I do believe in fairies!

Quote Originally Posted by felixthequick View Post
    I would love to see a gold rush circle. You could have western river expedition that was originally designed for disney world. a zorro themed museum, maybe a great movie ride type attraction themed to the wild west. you could also pan for gold there.
    You have an interesting proposal. This is what they tried to recreate of the "Old West" in the past.

"Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland was an attraction at Disneyland that ran from 1960 to 1979 when it was replaced by Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The attraction itself was an expansion of the 1956 Rainbow Caverns Mine Train attraction and featured numerous wilderness environments and animatronic animals." - Yesterland.com

"The Conestoga Wagons attraction was supposed to give you the experience of riding in a Conestoga Wagon. It wasn’t simply a ride vehicle from which you would see something. Sure, there was great scenery, such as the clever anthropomorphic cacti of the Living Desert. However, the real attraction was the wagon itself—an opportunity to travel like a “Westward Ho!” pioneer. (The reality is that the actual pioneer families typically walked alongside the Conestoga Wagons, which were filled with the family’s possessions, rather than riding in them. But that wouldn’t have been as much fun for a Disneyland ride.) In September 1959, the Conestoga Wagons attraction ended its run of slightly more than four years. It was time to begin construction of Nature’s Wonderland for the 1960 opening of the Mine Train through Nature’s Wonderland and the Pack Mules through Nature’s Wonderland.

"The Stagecoach Ride opened at Disneyland in 1955 as part of the original roster of Frontierland attractions. In 1956, with the addition of the Living Desert and other new scenery, the ride became the Rainbow Mountain Stagecoach Ride—although most Disneyland guidebooks and brochures from 1956 through 1959 continued to call it the Stagecoach Ride or just Stagecoaches.
    The ride closed forever in 1959 to make way for the construction of Nature‘s Wonderland—Beaver Valley, Bear River, and spectacular Cascade Peak. When Nature’s Wonderland opened in 1960, there would be only two ways to travel through it—the Mine Train through Nature’s Wonderland and the Pack Mules through Nature’s Wonderland. " - Yesterland.com

"When Disneyland opened in July 1955, the Rainbow Ridge Mule Pack ride was one of the original attractions. When the area through which was mules traveled was enhanced in 1956, the attraction became the Rainbow Ridge Pack Mules. The next expansion was in 1960, resulting in the Pack Mules Through Nature’s Wonderland.
    The mule rides ended in 1973. Nature’s Wonderland was replaced by Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (1979) and Big Thunder Ranch (1986). In 1996, the Big Thunder Ranch area became the Hunchback of Notre Dame Festival of Fools." - Yesterland.com

The also had Fort Wilderness on Tom Sawyer's Island which was an authentic looking log fort complete with rifles to shoot, guard tower and headquarters.
    Last edited by Mountain Sprite; 06-27-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    "While there is very little grown-up in a child, there's still a lot of child in every grown up." ~ Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    THE RESCUERS---Board an Evanrude powered leaf to help Bianca and Bernard rescue Penny...watch out for angry alligators. {D}
    Rescuers is more of a Critter Country attraction. In fact, the movie is actually set in the bayous outside New Orleans. Also, I just prefer Fantasyland to keep to European located stories for the most part.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I like the idea of using the classic characters in this location too. But I'm not big on the black and white especially outside. Inside an attraction it could work, but I think it would look really weird, especially right next to normal Hollywood Blvd.

I proposed an attraction featuring a bunch of Walt's classic characters for an armchair imagineering contest which you can see here....Red Carpet Adventure- Armchair Imaginition 2
    Hmmm perhaps at night they could have animations on the buildings to make it more livelier. Or maybe even a night time show that plays when WOC isn't playing. Thanks for the link that's a great armchair idea I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I like this! Move Goofy's Sky School to the inside of the Millionaire Building.
    Either something liek that or replace the door idea with planes. I haven't seen the door concept before but I imagine the doors lay flat and can swing maybe like the dwarf coaster going in at WdW

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Sprite View Post

I think the whole B&W thing would be uninteresting, for me anyway, other people might like it. And btw in Disneyland they have the cinema on Main Street which plays vintage B&W Mickey toons constantly. The place is dead as a doornail so I don't think your idea would go over very big. But Hollywood land definitely needs an overhaul.
    The cinema has a steady flow of people. I make sure to spend time in there especially if it's hot. The traffic seems pretty steady. I think if it was packaged up and delivered to the public though in a land people would be interested in the history of Walt's first pieces of work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast