Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• SORCERER

Monstropolis / Door Coaster - WWTBM Play it Sound Stage

According to screamScape.com (This is a rumor but with some evidence of something going on).

It appears that the Disneyland Resort is ready to push ahead with a Phase 2 renovation plan for California Adventure, with a focus on upgrading the Hollywood area of the park. The Screamscape spy network captured a great image this week showing several height check balloons lifted above and around the park’s Stage 17 building. The structure was originally built to house the “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire – Play It!” attraction and currently is now only used for Special Events.

As our readers know, the site in question is also being eyeballed to be home to a new Monstropolis themed area, complete with the rumored ‘Door Coaster’ inspired by the finale of the Monsters Inc. film. The project was rumored to just be waiting to get the initial box-office results from the new Monsters University film which have been very strong, raking in $82 million in the opening weekend, making it the second biggest opening weekend in Pixar history, just behind Toy Story 3’s $110 million.

So did Disney management give the final green light on Monstropolis this week? Quite possibly… and based on the height of those balloons, we could be looking at good sized building, big enough to house an indoor coaster perhaps. Stay tuned!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Monstropolis / Door Coaster - WWTBM Play it Sound Stage

Good scoop, (nothing official here but that photo is something) - although I hesitate to say it's a good idea, this may be a clue.

• Senior Minion

Hm, my first instinct was to say that ScreamScape is just repeating the rumor from MiceAge. But that is interesting that they're putting up balloons. Certainly no guarantee it will be Monsters, but it's worrying.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Look at the box office. The scream is in the can, as we say.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Maybe it'll essentially be Crush's Coaster but with seats on both sides of a spinning turning door? Probably not.

• Minion

Even though this looks interesting, I never, ever, EVER take anything Screamscape says seriously.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Maybe it'll essentially be Crush's Coaster but with seats on both sides of a spinning turning door? Probably not.
    No, that wasn't one of the proposals. I've seen a few concepts over the years for a Monsters Inc. door coaster, but I am not sure which itineration they are going with for DCA.

I'll have to ask around. I have seen ideas that ranged from suspended coasters to a ride system similar to the 7 Dwarf's Mine Train with swinging cars. It'll be interesting to see which concept they go with.

• Senior Minion

Look at the box office. The scream is in the can, as we say.
    Don't the the door hit you in the a** on the way out.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Don't the the door hit you in the a** on the way out.
    Separate What would Walt do with What will Bob do, and there's your answer.

I like the first question better but it's nostalgia, isn't it? Imagineering executed DCA 1.0

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Even though this looks interesting, I never, ever, EVER take anything Screamscape says seriously.
    They tend to be right 60% of the time

Can't wait to see what new attractions will be coming to this new area in the future.

Hopefully, they announce it during D23 expo.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Senior Minion

Separate What would Walt do with What will Bob do, and there's your answer.

I like the first question better but it's nostalgia, isn't it? Imagineering executed DCA 1.0
    Imagineering just tries to do its best to do what management asks of them, as it was with DCA 1.0 and as they will do with this. I'm sure, if this is the plan, they'll try and give this version of Monstropolis more of an LA feel and do the best they can with what they're asked. I'm sure that they won't completely cheapen out and it will be as well done as it can be. But it's still disappointing.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Wow! Although I'm iffy about the theme, I'm still excited. Still find it funny how the one thing people want out of HL is possibly going to get a bigger presence

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    No, that wasn't one of the proposals. I've seen a few concepts over the years for a Monsters Inc. door coaster, but I am not sure which itineration they are going with for DCA.

I'll have to ask around. I have seen ideas that ranged from suspended coasters to a ride system similar to the 7 Dwarf's Mine Train with swinging cars. It'll be interesting to see which concept they go with.
    Why not actually make it so that guest have to hold on for dear life on a door attached to a track that whips them around . And if guest fall off, it'll leave them with this chilling challange: To find a way out
    Last edited by Right Ear; 06-26-2013 at 09:42 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Why not actually make it so that guest have to hold on for dear life on a door attached to a track that whips them around
    Love love love this idea. Guests who are super annoying should be selected to be invited to the soft opening.

• Banned User

Anyone have knowledge or memories of seeing height check balloons like that on existing buildings and what the eventual outcome was? The photo was taken days ago, so could it have been connected in any way to the Lone Ranger premiere?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast