Best World of Color Reserved Seating Dining Package?

What reserved seating dining package givers you the best seating location for World of Color? Wine Country Trattoria, or Carthay Circle? Some verbiage on the official Disney dining page has thrown me off.

Taking my 67 year old Mother in Law to Disneyland. She has never been, and this is probably going to be her first and last trip, so I'm trying to make it special. Already have VIP seats for Fantasmic, need to book the dining preferred seating for World of Color, but I don't know which dining package gives her the best view.

Re: Best World of Color Reserved Seating Dining Package?

I believe all dinner packages give you the same viewing section. After you receive the ticket it's just a matter of getting there early to line up and then they let everyone in the sectioned off areas according to color. You get to pick where in the area you want to be for the show, up close you get a little wet from the mist but from my experience it isn't anything unmanageable. Or standing at the bottom step of stairs works well for me since I'm a little on the short side it helps to see over the people in front of me.

I haven't tried the Carthay Circle package but I would recommend Ariels Grotto. They just recently brought it back and all three times I've gone the food was amazing and I just made reservations for my trip in a week. I wasn't crazy about Wine country, that was also right after world of color opened so they might have changed the menu but the food wasn't worth the price for me.

• #bringevilback

Before the added Ariel's back into the mix, Carthay and WCT were different sections, with CC being the "better" one. I'd go with CC, since the food alone is fantastic. Ariel's food for the WOC is also great, but CC would be my first pick.

• Closed Account

For someone older, I would think Carthay Circle because it's a more sophisticated environment. If you are looking for an environment that is more "fun and laid back" then go with Ariel's Grotto.

i would say aeriels. the food is better and you wont get wet

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    For someone older, I would think Carthay Circle because it's a more sophisticated environment. If you are looking for an environment that is more "fun and laid back" then go with Ariel's Grotto.
    i would say its trying to hard to be something its not. the wood is fake, the food wasnt great and the service was below standards the 2 times i tried it. now at ariels you DO have to deal with loud children. but its disneyland.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    i would say its trying to hard to be something its not. the wood is fake, the food wasnt great and the service was below standards the 2 times i tried it. now at ariels you DO have to deal with loud children. but its disneyland.
    You could say all of Disneyland is "trying too hard" when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    You could say all of Disneyland is "trying too hard" when you think about it.
    not the iron man exhibit.

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    i would say aeriels. the food is better and you wont get wet
    Just in case the original poster gets confused, the Carthay viewing section is not in any way near the water. You are extremely unlikely to get wet barring an anomalous gust of sustained wind. In the viewing arena, the Carthay section is dead center length and depth. Seeing WOC up close is wonderful, but the Carthay section offers a perfect 'widescreen' view of the whole show. It is the best place to watch for me. The other nice thing about Carthay is that you are not stuck with the pre-selected menu. You can order whatever you want as long as each adult has on entree and one desert/or/appetizer. The Carthay was a disaster when it opened, but the last few times I've ate there it has been a very nice experience.

• Vidia's Minion

The best viewing section for World of Color is...

Go see Fantasmic instead it's a much better show