Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

You know, Thor 2 is coming out soon. Maybe the next theme will be 'Thor's Thunderous Party' or even better, 'Get Hammered with Thor'.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    You know, Thor 2 is coming out soon. Maybe the next theme will be 'Thor's Thunderous Party' or even better, 'Get Hammered with Thor'.
    HAHAHAHAHA, LOVE this idea!!!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    No.

Skews too much to children. The dance parties serve alcohol and are a bit more for teens and young adults. I don't see how this would work so that older people take it seriously.
    I agree with this. Both ElecTRONica and Mad T Party have that edgy, adult sort of vibe to them, and I can't think of how they would do that with Monsters that would in any way appeal to adults.

I think they'd have better luck with an Oz theme, or Twilight Zone, as someone else mentioned. Even something with Pirates.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    The whole point of DCA was to be somewhat non family friendly... It needs a new appropriate theme that appeals to adults and the land theme.
    You have some sort of proof of this claim? Like planodisney said, what a poor (and oddly uncharcteristic) planning choice for a corporation that bases a majority of its income on family-friendly entertainment. In fact, the non-family-friendly materials produced by the company are notably LACKING the Disney name.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

'Get Hammered with Thor'.
    This made me literally laugh out loud!

Maybe if they went with more of a Monsters Inc theme then the Monsters University it could be more of a party about Monsters then a frat party. I'd rather see costumed Monsters from Monstropolis if they are infact going to change the area to a Monsters Backlot.

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    You have some sort of proof of this claim? Like planodisney said, what a poor (and oddly uncharcteristic) planning choice for a corporation that bases a majority of its income on family-friendly entertainment. In fact, the non-family-friendly materials produced by the company are notably LACKING the Disney name.
    Thrill rides, alcohol, lack of characters, the attempt at edginess all point to an attempt to attract a different kind of customer than disney usually gets at the park. So no it really wasn't a poor idea. But the execution WAS poor. The parties are the only thing about DCA that is adult oriented and is actually successful.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Thrill rides, alcohol, lack of characters, the attempt at edginess all point to an attempt to attract a different kind of customer than disney usually gets at the park. So no it really wasn't a poor idea. But the execution WAS poor. The parties are the only thing about DCA that is adult oriented and is actually successful.
    I think we simply have a differeent definition of "non family friendly." To me non-family-friendly means a majority of the park says "we don't really want kids/pre-teens here." That is the vibe given off by most thrill parks, where they have a miniscule "kiddieland" area and the majority of the park is made of rides you must be 45" tall or taller to ride.

Cars Land, A Bug's Land, Paradise Pier, and Disney Jr. Live on Stage, and MuppetVision in Hollywood Land all point to an attempt to attract familes. The three lands are really kid-friendly (especially ABL), and the two major attractions noted in HL are kid-friendly.

The things you noted are attempts to make the park more attractive to adults, not oriented toward them at the exclusion of family friendly atmosphere. The presence of thrill rides and alcohol is an enticement to an older crowd, but there are not enough thrill rides to say they dominate the park.

To be sure you don't misunderstand me, I think a themed party spot is an AWESOME thing! As other posters have said, I would like to see it moved to DTD and given a cover charge and dress code. Make it MORE accessible, not less. If they want to keep it in DCA that would be fine too. I also think a rotating theme would be interesting. Perhaps 4 themes rotating every 2 weeks? MadT for 2 weeks, Monsters U Frat Party 2 weeks, Pirates theme for 2 weeks, some other theme for 2 weeks, and rotate in a NBC party the week before and after Halloween and the week before and after Christmas.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Banned User

I think, until some kind of Hollywoodland expansion takes place, making an area for this type of entertainment behind ToT would be AWESOME. A little out of the way and not taking up a land filled with attractions, yet keeping a needed nighttime option within the park boundaries.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I agree with this. Both ElecTRONica and Mad T Party have that edgy, adult sort of vibe to them, and I can't think of how they would do that with Monsters that would in any way appeal to adults.

I think they'd have better luck with an Oz theme, or Twilight Zone, as someone else mentioned. Even something with Pirates.
    It's not just an adult vibe, it's supposed to embrace rave culture. That's why it feels adult. Oz and Twilight Zone would probably be morphed to make interesting parties, but only because you can get away with "stepping through the portal" into a new, "intoxicating" world.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    It's not just an adult vibe, it's supposed to embrace rave culture. That's why it feels adult. Oz and Twilight Zone would probably be morphed to make interesting parties, but only because you can get away with "stepping through the portal" into a new, "intoxicating" world.
    Yeah, it totally does (I used to refer to ElecTRONica as the "Disney rave") but it's not to the point where parents feel uncomfortable letting their kids see it or hang out. It straddles a very particular gray area.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Sharkslayer

How About this:

A Sugar Rush theme Party named SUGAR RUSH PARTY

• Minion

Would they have the three eyed sorority girls as dancers?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Iron-Clad Allie

I think Chris Hemsworth would love the DCA "Bet Hammered With Thor" party! Afterall, he's nevewr been known to be a Thor sport.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Would they have the three eyed sorority girls as dancers?
    Absolutely....and they will dance and shimmy to the music oof rock group Third Eye Blind.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Yeah, it totally does (I used to refer to ElecTRONica as the "Disney rave") but it's not to the point where parents feel uncomfortable letting their kids see it or hang out. It straddles a very particular gray area.
    Your coined Disney Rave phrase is not too far from the truth regarding ElecTRONica.i

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast