Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

    You know, Thor 2 is coming out soon. Maybe the next theme will be 'Thor's Thunderous Party' or even better, 'Get Hammered with Thor'.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

  2. #17

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,379

    Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    You know, Thor 2 is coming out soon. Maybe the next theme will be 'Thor's Thunderous Party' or even better, 'Get Hammered with Thor'.
    HAHAHAHAHA, LOVE this idea!!!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  3. #18

    •   
    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,882

    Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    No.

    Skews too much to children. The dance parties serve alcohol and are a bit more for teens and young adults. I don't see how this would work so that older people take it seriously.
    I agree with this. Both ElecTRONica and Mad T Party have that edgy, adult sort of vibe to them, and I can't think of how they would do that with Monsters that would in any way appeal to adults.

    I think they'd have better luck with an Oz theme, or Twilight Zone, as someone else mentioned. Even something with Pirates.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

  4. #19

    •   
    • Lurking in the corners
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nothern Ohio
    Posts
    678
    Blog Entries
    22

    Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    The whole point of DCA was to be somewhat non family friendly... It needs a new appropriate theme that appeals to adults and the land theme.
    You have some sort of proof of this claim? Like planodisney said, what a poor (and oddly uncharcteristic) planning choice for a corporation that bases a majority of its income on family-friendly entertainment. In fact, the non-family-friendly materials produced by the company are notably LACKING the Disney name.

    “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

  5. #20

    • A Pirate's Life For Me...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona
    Posts
    358

    Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    'Get Hammered with Thor'.
    This made me literally laugh out loud!


    Maybe if they went with more of a Monsters Inc theme then the Monsters University it could be more of a party about Monsters then a frat party. I'd rather see costumed Monsters from Monstropolis if they are infact going to change the area to a Monsters Backlot.

    Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!



  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    843

    Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

    Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    You have some sort of proof of this claim? Like planodisney said, what a poor (and oddly uncharcteristic) planning choice for a corporation that bases a majority of its income on family-friendly entertainment. In fact, the non-family-friendly materials produced by the company are notably LACKING the Disney name.
    Thrill rides, alcohol, lack of characters, the attempt at edginess all point to an attempt to attract a different kind of customer than disney usually gets at the park. So no it really wasn't a poor idea. But the execution WAS poor. The parties are the only thing about DCA that is adult oriented and is actually successful.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

  7. #22

    •   
    • Lurking in the corners
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nothern Ohio
    Posts
    678
    Blog Entries
    22

    Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Thrill rides, alcohol, lack of characters, the attempt at edginess all point to an attempt to attract a different kind of customer than disney usually gets at the park. So no it really wasn't a poor idea. But the execution WAS poor. The parties are the only thing about DCA that is adult oriented and is actually successful.
    I think we simply have a differeent definition of "non family friendly." To me non-family-friendly means a majority of the park says "we don't really want kids/pre-teens here." That is the vibe given off by most thrill parks, where they have a miniscule "kiddieland" area and the majority of the park is made of rides you must be 45" tall or taller to ride.

    Cars Land, A Bug's Land, Paradise Pier, and Disney Jr. Live on Stage, and MuppetVision in Hollywood Land all point to an attempt to attract familes. The three lands are really kid-friendly (especially ABL), and the two major attractions noted in HL are kid-friendly.

    The things you noted are attempts to make the park more attractive to adults, not oriented toward them at the exclusion of family friendly atmosphere. The presence of thrill rides and alcohol is an enticement to an older crowd, but there are not enough thrill rides to say they dominate the park.

    To be sure you don't misunderstand me, I think a themed party spot is an AWESOME thing! As other posters have said, I would like to see it moved to DTD and given a cover charge and dress code. Make it MORE accessible, not less. If they want to keep it in DCA that would be fine too. I also think a rotating theme would be interesting. Perhaps 4 themes rotating every 2 weeks? MadT for 2 weeks, Monsters U Frat Party 2 weeks, Pirates theme for 2 weeks, some other theme for 2 weeks, and rotate in a NBC party the week before and after Halloween and the week before and after Christmas.

    “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

  8. #23

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    437

    Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

    I think, until some kind of Hollywoodland expansion takes place, making an area for this type of entertainment behind ToT would be AWESOME. A little out of the way and not taking up a land filled with attractions, yet keeping a needed nighttime option within the park boundaries.

  9. #24

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,443

    Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I agree with this. Both ElecTRONica and Mad T Party have that edgy, adult sort of vibe to them, and I can't think of how they would do that with Monsters that would in any way appeal to adults.

    I think they'd have better luck with an Oz theme, or Twilight Zone, as someone else mentioned. Even something with Pirates.
    It's not just an adult vibe, it's supposed to embrace rave culture. That's why it feels adult. Oz and Twilight Zone would probably be morphed to make interesting parties, but only because you can get away with "stepping through the portal" into a new, "intoxicating" world.

  10. #25

    •   
    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,882

    Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    It's not just an adult vibe, it's supposed to embrace rave culture. That's why it feels adult. Oz and Twilight Zone would probably be morphed to make interesting parties, but only because you can get away with "stepping through the portal" into a new, "intoxicating" world.
    Yeah, it totally does (I used to refer to ElecTRONica as the "Disney rave") but it's not to the point where parents feel uncomfortable letting their kids see it or hang out. It straddles a very particular gray area.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

  11. #26

    • Sharkslayer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    82

    Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

    How About this:

    A Sugar Rush theme Party named SUGAR RUSH PARTY

  12. #27

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Autobot Base
    Posts
    2,102

    Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

    Would they have the three eyed sorority girls as dancers?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

    Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

  13. #28

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,417

    Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    You know, Thor 2 is coming out soon. Maybe the next theme will be 'Thor's Thunderous Party' or even better, 'Get Hammered with Thor'.
    I think Chris Hemsworth would love the DCA "Bet Hammered With Thor" party! Afterall, he's nevewr been known to be a Thor sport.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  14. #29

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,417

    Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

    Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Would they have the three eyed sorority girls as dancers?
    Absolutely....and they will dance and shimmy to the music oof rock group Third Eye Blind.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  15. #30

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,417

    Re: Next Mad T Party-Like Hot Spot To Be Based On Monsters University?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Yeah, it totally does (I used to refer to ElecTRONica as the "Disney rave") but it's not to the point where parents feel uncomfortable letting their kids see it or hang out. It straddles a very particular gray area.
    Your coined Disney Rave phrase is not too far from the truth regarding ElecTRONica.i
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Credits for Mad Tea Party Pin and Bobsled pins
    By stazbabe in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 11:30 AM
  2. Credits For Mad Tea Party Pin
    By TikiRoomLiz in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 11:25 AM
  3. Mad Tea Party to be made into movie!?
    By pancakesaregood in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 04:19 PM
  4. Next Attraction You Would Like To See At Disney-MGM Studios
    By Ride Warrior in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 08:08 PM
  5. Mad Tea Party - Olszewski piece
    By cstephens in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 09:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •