View Poll Results: Which is Superior: Disneyland in CA or Magic Kingdom in FL?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland is superior to Florida's Magic Kingdom.

101 92.66%
  • Florida's Magic Kingdom is superior to Disneyland

8 7.34%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

My Opinion... You cannot truly compare the two parks... But if you compare.. you will find that they are "now" equal... They have different experiences.. and with the recent cleanup.. they have become equal parks... Relying on different incomes..

I guess I'm really the only person who'd take Disneyland over all of WDW. I can't really explain why. When I last visited, none of the rides that Disneyland didn't have really excited me. And the rides that Disneyland does have were almost all noticably worse than the west coast counterparts.

Not to mention the fact that I really don't care for the MK castle. To me it's large, bold, and guady, whereas the Disneyland castle is classy, quaint, and charming.

Just my poorly constructed thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ness
    I guess I'm really the only person who'd take Disneyland over all of WDW. I can't really explain why. When I last visited, none of the rides that Disneyland didn't have really excited me. And the rides that Disneyland does have were almost all noticably worse than the west coast counterparts.

Not to mention the fact that I really don't care for the MK castle. To me it's large, bold, and guady, whereas the Disneyland castle is classy, quaint, and charming.

Just my poorly constructed thoughts.
    I kind of understand your sentiment. You are coming from the perspective of rides (I am that way too). We are going to Anaheim this fall, in part because its the 50th, in part because we haven't been there since 2002, in part because we have friends in SoCal that we want to touch bases with, and in part because its somewhat cheaper (and we didn't get bonuses last year at work).

For some people (especially those with money to burn) staying at the expensive WDW resorts is part of the experience. They also tend to stay longer and are less "rushed" (WDW parks close earlier than DLR parks). They also have additional draws such as the water parks, Pleasure Island, Cirque du Soleil, the sports complex, etc. As figment said, WDW targets a different demographic (one with more money to spend).

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz
    They also tend to stay longer and are less "rushed" (WDW parks close earlier than DLR parks).
    Actually, I've always felt less rushed at Disneyland than at WDW. For me, Disneyland has the same number of 'must-do rides' as WDW, but WDW spreads them out further over four different parks, so I've always felt rushed getting between the different parks to do everything.

At Disneyland, everything you want to do is so much closer together, so you have time to take that luxury like sitting on the RoA and watching the people on Tom Sawyer's Island, or sitting on Main Street and listening to the piano player and so on.

When I've gone to WDW, I didn't have the chance to have any time to relax mostly because WDW always overwhelms me when I get there, because there's FOUR PARKS! WDW always deceives me in that it seems like there's so much more I really want to do, whereas in reality, oftentimes, I want to do more at Disneyland than all of WDW resort.

I'm not feeling very coherent tonight so I'll stop there before i write myself in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ness
    Actually, I've always felt less rushed at Disneyland than at WDW. For me, Disneyland has the same number of 'must-do rides' as WDW, but WDW spreads them out further over four different parks, so I've always felt rushed getting between the different parks to do everything.
    I think that people are more rushed at DLR because they are there for less time (often for a single day).

WDW visits do last longer. I agree that one can fall into the trap of hopping from park to park at WDW, which takes a long time.

• Sock Puppet

Disneyland! Has more attractions, Origanal, not cramp, and is more spread out!

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Magic Kingdom is bigger, but Disney takes care of DL better, plus bigger isnt always better.

Disneyland was the dream, the love and the passion and you can feel it when you walk through the gate. Magic Kingdom just looks and feels like an enlarged copy of Disneyland.
    i have no idea

• Capstan
    Tinkerbell and others are right: Walt's personal influence is unique to Disneyland and always will be, and he was the master. I sometimes imagine that he couldn't see his own hand in front of his face, and yet, when he looked up, saw things the rest of us will never know.~ Also, I find the first park coolest, because of the space limitation and the ingenious ways invented to make things fit; it's like a marvelous jigsaw puzzle.

• A Little Rabid

Too bad I'm horribly biased and haven't been to WDW to be fair.
    ...So, Disneyland it is!
    I lurk.

Disneyland!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Banned User

On top of that WDWs exclusive rides suck. I mean Mission:Space, Test Track, and Dinosaur are fun to go on once but there nowhere near the calibur of say Indiana Jones or Matterhorn.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123