Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Senior Minion

Re: What do you consider an E-ticket,D-ticket,C-ticket B-ticket and A-ticket ride?

Ticket prices were mostly based on the operation costs, capacity and popularity. Attractions like the Tiki Room with lower capacity and high maintenance costs would by necessity need to be higher level tickets, D or E. On the other hand, rides like Star Tours and Soarin' could probably be lowered to D or C because they probably cost less to maintain and have decent capacity, even though they are very high quality experiences. So really, this depends on what perspective you're looking at it, what you think the tickets would be if they were brought back or what you think based on perceived quality.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Re: What do you consider an E-ticket,D-ticket,C-ticket B-ticket and A-ticket ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    Just an observation: if California Screamin' is a D- or E-ticket ride, then I guess Magic Mountain has Disneyland beat. Suffice to say that I for one disagree with ranking attractions according to sheer thrill level.
    Except that Screamin' has the perfect level of thrill for most families, a great atmosphere, a good soundtrack, long track and incredibly smooth ride. I enjoy coasters and Screamin' is one of my favorites because it's just pure fun, not too much crazy flipping around to where you come off feeling nauseous. Plus its in a park and resort that are clean and beautiful and offer variety, which makes the parks greater then the sum of their parts. If I had a ticket to use, Screamin' would get it over ToT or Grizzly River every time. RSR and Soarin' would be more of an equal trade off for me personally.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    I'd like to play devil's advocate, and suggest that the ticket level should be based on how popular the ride/attraction is, in other words, how long the lines are. So not how old the ride is, or the quality of the theming throughout the ride/attraction, or the level of thrill of the ride, but how popular the attraction is with people who go to the parks.
    This is exactly how I would expect them to be ranked -- essentially on supply/demand. If the ride is more popular, they'll charge more for it.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    This is exactly how I would expect them to be ranked -- essentially on supply/demand. If the ride is more popular, they'll charge more for it.
    Mostly this would be the case, but there are a few other factors that have to be considered. Operating costs and how the ticketing itself would change guest behavior. Like I said before, things with high operating costs were usually higher level tickets like the ROA ships, Monorail and Tiki Room would probably be E's even though they aren't the most popular. That's one of the problems with actually going back to ticket books, those attractions would be at risk of going away.
    -Walt Disney

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Mostly this would be the case, but there are a few other factors that have to be considered. Operating costs and how the ticketing itself would change guest behavior. Like I said before, things with high operating costs were usually higher level tickets like the ROA ships, Monorail and Tiki Room would probably be E's even though they aren't the most popular. That's one of the problems with actually going back to ticket books, those attractions would be at risk of going away.
    That's a good point - high operating costs won't be an incentive for guests to pay more, so they may not be able to price them up to the level they would like to which in turn would decrease profit margin.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Except that Screamin' has the perfect level of thrill for most families, a great atmosphere, a good soundtrack, long track and incredibly smooth ride. I enjoy coasters and Screamin' is one of my favorites because it's just pure fun, not too much crazy flipping around to where you come off feeling nauseous.
    I enjoy plain coasters, too, and this is a really good one, but it's still just a plain coaster.

Plus its in a park and resort that are clean and beautiful and offer variety, which makes the parks greater then the sum of their parts.
    I'm judging the attraction itself, not the environment it is in. Many A- and B-ticket attractions contribute to the atmosphere of the parks and help make up a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts, but they're still A- and B-ticket attractions on their own. That California Screamin' benefits from the whole of its environment rather than contributes to it, beyond being a thrill ride, hardly helps its case. If it is to be considered an E-ticket attraction, then it could be inferred that Disney has wasted a lot of money and design effort on their other E-ticket attractions.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I just have to say, you people have given this a LOT of thought.

• Ducksketeer

I might be a rare bird here but the only E ticket rides/attractions in my opinion are:

Disneyland Railroad
    Mark Twain Steam Boat
    Sailing Ship Columbia
    My favorite bench (which I won't disclose)

@ California Adventure
    Soaring over California
    Golden Zephyr Ride
    Sun Wheel (aka:Mickey's Fun Wheel)

Defunct Rides:
    Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland
    Skyway (either direction)
    Peoplemover
    America The Beautiful

• Artistic integrity

E-tickets: (No expense spared, all-out special effects extravaganza, An A+ in immersing the human senses into an immersive world, in all directions, no shortcuts taken. And ride length just long enough to feel lost within the world it's creating.)

• Pirates of the Caribbean
    • The Haunted Mansion
    • Indiana Jones Adventure
    • Splash Mountain
    • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    • Matterhorn Bobsleds
    • Star Tours
    • Space Mountain
    • it's a small world

• Radiator Springs Racers
    • Soarin' over California
    • California Screamin'

D-tickets: (Still great. Capturing our attention. Perhaps just a tad short on delivering on the level and scope as the big E Tickets. Some of the ride lengths, perhaps a bit truncated, and may lack some "show elements" to elevate it to the most outstanding ride experience on Earth)

• DLRR
    • Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
    • Enchanted Tiki Room
    • Jungle Cruise
    • Roger Rabbits Car Toon Spin
    • Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage

• Grizzly River Run
    • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    • Toy Story Midway Mania
    • The Little Mermaid; undersea adventure

C-tickets: (A middle-level of enjoyment. Charming. Simple level of effects. Perhaps short ride time - dark rides. Perhaps a bit outdated - 3D films)

• Mark Twain/Columbia
    • Winnie the Pooh
    • Pinocchio
    • Snow White
    • Peter Pan
    • Alice in Wonderland
    • Mr. Toads Wild Ride
    • Casey Jr. Circus Train
    • Storybookland Canal Boats
    • Monorail
    • Autopia
    • Return engagement - Captain EO
    • Buzz Lightyear

• Monsters Inc.
    • Muppet Vision 3D
    • It's Tough To Be A Bug
    • Animation Pavilion
    • Goofy's Sky School

B-tickets: (Very simple. Maybe very short in ride length - spinners. Just below the "C" level of immersive qualities/special effects)

• Tarzan's Treehouse
    • Explorer Canoes
    • Tom Sawyers Island
    • King Arthur Carousel
    • Dumbo
    • Tea Cups
    • Gadget's Go Coaster
    • Astro Orbitor

• Luigi's Flying Tires
    • Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
    • Heimlich's Chew Chew Train
    • Flik's Flyers
    • Ladybug Boogie
    • Tuck n Roll drive em buggies
    • Mickey's Fun Wheel
    • King Tritons Carousel
    • Golden Zephyr
    • Jumpin' Jelly Fish
    • Redwood Creek Challenge Trail

A-tickets: (Simple walk-through exhibit style attractions. Perhaps some "lite" interactive elements. Basic "transportation" rides from Point A to Point B)

• Main St. Vehicles
    • Main Street Cinema
    • Sleeping Beauty Castle
    • Donald's Boat
    • Goofy's Home
    • Minnie's Home
    • Mickey's Home
    • Innoventions

• Red Car Trolly
    • Boudin Bakery Tour
    • Blue Sky Cellar
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Blew By You

It changes every visit for me. Like Sunday, 7-7-13, an E-ticket ride was the Monorail because we got to sit in the front cone for the first time and my daughter was thrilled and it was my very first time I did ride there.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    Just an observation: if California Screamin' is a D- or E-ticket ride, then I guess Magic Mountain has Disneyland beat. Suffice to say that I for one disagree with ranking attractions according to sheer thrill level.
    If thrill is the only delineator, then SFMM has a bunch of H tickets.

The only real delineator for the tickets will be the length of the line. (Not the time waited.) The tickets existed to make sure everyone spreads out and enjoys as much of the park as possible, but if you wanted to go on more E-tickets, you'd have to pay for them.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12