Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Smile What do you consider an E-ticket,D-ticket,C-ticket B-ticket and A-ticket ride?

Everyone has there own assumption on certain rides , wether there an ?-ticket on a certain ride please share your thoughts !

and let's finally get a conclusion of what rides are considered ?

please share you own personal opinions?

• The doctor is in

Re: What do you consider an E-ticket,D-ticket,C-ticket B-ticket and A-ticket ride?

Disneyland

A-ticket:

Alice in Wonderland
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Snow White's Scary Adventure
    Pinocchio's Daring Journey
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    It's a Small World
    Dumbo the Flying Elephant
    Mad Tea Party
    Casey Jr Circus Train
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    King Arthur's Carrousel

B-ticket:

Astro Orbitor
    Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
    Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
    Captain EO
    Enchanted Tiki Room
    Gadget's Go Coaster
    Innoventions
    Frontierland Shooting Expo

C-ticket:

Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island
    Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
    Sailing Ship Columbia
    Mark Twain Riverboat
    Storybook Canal Boats
    Tarzan's Treehouse

D-Ticket:

Haunted Mansion
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
    Autopia
    Jungle Cruise

E-ticket:

Space Mountain
    Splash Mountain
    Star Tours
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Matterhorn Bobsleds
    Indiana Jones Adventure

California Adventure

A-ticket:

Ariel's Undersea Adventure
    Flik's Flyers
    Francis' Ladybug Boogie
    Heimlich's Chew Chew Train
    King Triton's Carousel
    Tuck and Roll's Drive Em Boogies

B-ticket:

Mike & Sully to the Rescue
    Turtle Talk with Crush
    Animation Academy
    It's Tough to be a Bug
    Muppet Vision 3D

C-ticket:

Jumpin' Jellyfish
    Golden Zephyr
    Silly Symphony Swings
    Mickey's Fun Wheel

D-ticket:

Luigi's Flying Tires
    Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
    Grizzly River Run
    Goofy's Sky School
    Toy Story Midway Mania
    Soarin' Over California

E-ticket:

Radiator Springs Racers
    Tower of Terror
    California Screamin'
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Under that tree again!

Re: What do you consider an E-ticket,D-ticket,C-ticket B-ticket and A-ticket ride?

0-5 years old = E-ticket
    5-10 years old =D-ticket
    10-20 years old = C ticket
    20-40 years old = B ticket
    40-original = A ticket
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Wow, two posts with two completely different criteria. Ride age Vs. excitement level (if that isn't your criteria, DrFink, I apologize).

I can't name specific rides, having not experienced most of them, but my criteria to rank them would be by the "ah!" factor of the experience and/or tech.

E = Jaw-dropping and unique
    D = Impressive and unusual
    C = Well done and not commonplace
    B = Entertaining and with a distinct Disney difference, but not exceptionally inventive
    A = Nice, but other places offer something very similar

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

A - The horse drawn carriages down Main St.
    B - Disneyland Railroad
    C - Dumbo
    D - Pirates of the Caribbean
    E - Space Mountain

• Minion

Awww... the Fantasyland dark rides are worth more than an A. Traditionally the A ticket was basically just the vehicles that go up and down Main Street and the carousel in FL. All the dark rides in FL were at least a C; I think Alice was eventually downgraded to the B ticket, even though I personally think that's the best of the FL dark rides. The others B.

Matterhorn was always an E, but with the discomfort now it's no better than D. Big Thunder would be an E but it killed someone so it can never be more than D in my mind. The only true E-level ones, at this point, in my opinion, are Space Mountain, Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain.

Ds now would be Jungle Cruise, the Disneyland Railroad, Small World, Monorail, Submarines, Big Thunder and Matterhorn. As would be the Main Street vehicles, treehouse, Mickey and Minnie's House, Sleeping Beauty Castle, Main Street Cinema. Bs would be all the dark rides, Mr. Lincoln, Princess meet and greet. All others C ticket.

• Closed Account

Just my opinion, though I am sure there will be those who disagree

A - a ride that would be free to ride even if the park was a pay per ride kind of park. A ride that you are "entitled to" such as transportation. (tram, bus, Main Street Vehicles)

B - a ride that is like a B movie, cheesy but enjoyable. A ride that preschoolers love and want to ride over and over again. (Casey Jr Circus Train, Winnie The Pooh Adventure)

C - a family ride, a normal ride, a ride that you ride as a family and no one wants to sit out. Usually very popular rides (Alice In Wonderland, Peter Pan's Flight, Mad Tea Party, etc)

D -a ride that is defines the essence of the park, that is a unique experience that you can't find anywhere else. That teenagers would enjoy but is not a thrill ride. (Soarin', Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean)

E - a thrill ride, the kind of ride that will make you lose your lunch if you don't have a strong stomach. Roller coasters, twists, turns, thrills, loops, drop rides, etc. Rides inappropriate for people with heart problems. (California Screamin', Tower Of Terror, Matterhorn)

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

My standards are a bit different for the top three or so levels.

A - Omnibus, horse-drawn streetcar, Ladybug Boogie, Innoventions, Blue-Sky Cellar, Main Street Cinema, Explorer Canoes, Luigi's Flying Tires, Silly Symphony Swings

B - Goofy's Sky School, Casey Jr., Dumbo, Storybook Land, Monsters Inc., Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-through

C - Peter Pan's Flight, Alice In Wonderland, Little Mermaid, Grizzly River Rapids, Tom Sawyer Island, Snow White's Scary Adventures, MuppetVision, Mark Twain riverboat

D - California Screamin', Soarin', Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tiki Room, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln

E - Haunted Mansion, Pirates Of The Caribbean, Radiator Springs Racers, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure

Basically, the bottom two tiers are amusements/ride systems other parks have and can do just as well basically. C is a 'minor' Disney attraction but still one that is well themed and representative of Disney quality in terms of detail or story or tone. D is a 'classic' still, but not quite as original currently as the E group, but either historical and well-kept up, or new and exciting for many visitors. E are attractions that Disney does the best at compared (largely) to other theme parks, and not just dependent on 'thrill' factor. Haunted Mansion and Pirates are elaborate and lengthy dark rides that are the gold standard of that type of thing other parks try and reach/compete with even with being conceptualized and built 50 years ago or so, so I can't see them as 'just D tickets'. The E-ticket level lives and breathes on thematic design and detail, whether or not it's married to a thrill element (which also enhances or informs the selection as an E-ticket).
    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 06-27-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Assuming that the tickets system was largely being used as a way to better distribute crowds and that an attractions "greatness" was only a secondary consideration:

E-tickets:

• Splash Mountain
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • The Haunted Mansion
    • Indiana Jones Adventure
    • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    • Matterhorn Bobsleds
    • Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
    • Star Tours
    • Space Mountain

• Radiator Springs Racers
    • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    • Soarin over California
    • Grizzly River Run (Summer)
    • California Screamin

D-tickets:

• Autopia
    • Disneyland Monorail
    • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
    • It's a Small World
    • Peter Pan Flight
    • Storybookland Canal Boats
    • Jungle Cruise
    • Explorer Canoe's

• Grizzly River Run (Fall/Winter/Spring)
    • Mickey's Fun Wheel
    • Toy Story Midway Mania
    • The Little Mermaid; undersea adventure

C-tickets:

• Astro Orbiter
    • Alice in Wonderland
    • Casey Jr. Circus Train
    • Mad Tea Party
    • Mr. Toads Wild Ride
    • Pinocchio'
    • Snow White's Scary Adventures
    • Mark Twain / Sailing Ship Columbia
    • Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island
    • Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
    • Gadget's Go Coaster
    • Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin

• Flik's Flyers
    • Ladybug Boogie
    • Tuck n Roll drive em buggies
    • Monsters Inc.
    • Luigi's Flying Tires
    • Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
    • Golden Zephyr
    • Goofy's Sky School

B-tickets:

• King Arthur Carousel
    • Tarzan's Treehouse
    • Winnie the Pooh
    • Main St. Cinema

• Heimlich's Chew Chew
    • King Tritons Carousel

A-tickets:

• Main St. Vehicles
    • Sleeping Beauty Castle
    • Red Car Trolly
    • Muppet Vision 3d

Free attractions would include:

• The Disneyland Railroad
    • The Disney Gallery
    • Great Moments with Mr. Lincholn
    • Innoventions
    • Captain EO
    • The Golden Horseshoe
    • Toon Town Play areas
    • Disney Animation
    • Blue Sky Cellar
    • The Bakery Tour
    • Redwood creek challange trail

ymmv
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Why would Captain EO be free? Katherine Jackson is gonna sue you!

• Minion

Ticket ratings sometimes changed during an attraction's lifespan. Rainbow Caverns Mine Train/Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland went like this: D-C-D-E-D-E-D. (At the time it opened D was the most expensive ticket. When E tickets were introduced in 1959, the Mine Train was bumped down to the C ticket. When it reopened in 1960 it reopened as a D ticket, but in 1961 it was moved to the E ticket due to its popularity. Then in 1964 bumped up to E again, then in 1971 back down to D.)

Just an observation: if California Screamin' is a D- or E-ticket ride, then I guess Magic Mountain has Disneyland beat. Suffice to say that I for one disagree with ranking attractions according to sheer thrill level.

• Minion

E-ticket- Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, Star Tours, Matterhorn, Tower of Terror, Racers, Soarin, and Grizzly

D ticket- Tiki Room, California Screamin, Little Mermaid, Toy Story, Small World, Autopia, Roger Rabbit, Finding Nemo, It's Tough to be a Bug, Aladdin

C ticket- Monsters Inc., Alice, Mr. Toad, Peter Pan, Snow White, Pooh, Pinnochio, Buzz Lightyear, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

B ticket- Columbia, Mark Twain, Disneyland Railroad, Monorail, Tarzan's Treehouse, Gadget's Go Coaster, Jumpin Jellyfish, Silly Symphony Swings, Mickey's Fun Wheel, Goofy's Sky School, Dumbo, Tom Sawyer's Island, Canoes, Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough, Princess meet n' greet, Luigi's Flying Tires, Disney Junior, Flik's Flyers, Francis Ladybug Spin, Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, Tuck and Roll's bumper cars

A ticket- Golden Zephyr, King Triton's Carousel, King Arthur's Carousel, Main Street Vehicles, Innoventions, Astro Orbiter, Red Car Trolley

Free:
    Starcade (except paying for individual games with quarters)
    Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
    Captain EO
    Bread factory
    Mickey and the Magical Map
    Muppet Vision 3D
    Animation building

Time to break out my nerdy classification system:

A Ticket: Either a low theme, low excitement, low demand, or low thrill ride. Would include spinners such as Dumbo, the Main Street Vehicles, and things such as Innoventions.

B Ticket: Decent theme, decent excitement, low demand, low thrill. Such as Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, the Tiki Room, and Pooh.

C Ticket: Decent theme, decent excitement, high demand, low thrill. Such as the classic Fantasyland dark rides, and later dark rides such as Little Mermaid. Also includes high end transport such as the Disneyland Railroad or the Monorail.

D Ticket: Definition A: High Theme, High Excitement, High Demand, low thrill. Such as the Submarines.
    Defintion B: Low Theme, High Excitement, High Demand, High Thrill. Such as California Screamin'.

E Ticket: High Theme, High Excitement, High Demand, (Thrill May Vary), Disney's Best. This would include for me:
    Soarin'
    Star Tours
    Pirates
    Haunted Mansion
    Radiator Springs Racers
    Tower of Terror
    Grizzly River Run (when the weather is warm)
    Splash Mountain
    The Matterhorn
    Big Thunder Mountain
    Indianna Jones
    Space Mountain

Basically put: If Disneyland is visited for only a short time once every two years, the E-ticket is a ride the visitor must see, and their Disney vacation would not be complete without it!

I'd like to play devil's advocate, and suggest that the ticket level should be based on how popular the ride/attraction is, in other words, how long the lines are. So not how old the ride is, or the quality of the theming throughout the ride/attraction, or the level of thrill of the ride, but how popular the attraction is with people who go to the parks.

So most of the rides with Fast Passes would merit "E" designation:
    - Space Mountain
    - Indiana Jones
    - Star Tours
    - Splash Mountain
    - Big Thunder
    - Matterhorn Bobsleds
    Based on popularity/length of wait, I would rate Peter Pan an "E".

Attractions that are popular but the lines aren't quite as long would be "D's":
    - Pirates of the Caribbean
    - Haunted Mansion
    - Finding Nemo Submarines (but would probably have been an "E" for 3-4 years after it opened)
    - Jungle Cruise
    - Dumbo
    - Alice in Wonderland
    - Storybook Land Canal Boats
    - Autopia
    - Roger Rabbit
    - kids' roller coaster in Toon Town
    - Mickey's and Minnie's houses

Working backwards, an attraction that never has a wait would be an "A":
    - Main Street vehicles
    - Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
    - Sleeping Beauty castle walk-through
    - Innoventions
    - Enchanted Tiki Room (feels like sacrilege to put it here, with the recent anniversary and all the attention)

Attractions with 5-10 minute waits (with moderate crowds) would be "B's":
    - Davy Crockett canoes
    - Tom Sawyer Island rafts
    - Mark Twain steamboat and Columbia
    - Pooh ride in Critter Country
    - Monorail
    - Carousel

Rides with slightly longer waits (10-20 minutes with moderate crowds) would be "C's":
    - Buzz Lightyear
    - Most of the Fantasyland dark rides
    - Small World

I don't visit the parks that frequently, so my categorization by wait times may be distorted. But I think it shouldn't matter if the attraction has a line full of toddlers and their parents or adults and teens, if a ride or attraction is popular, it should get a higher designation by ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast