Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Favourite DLR Restaurant and Why?

Another vote for The Blue Bayou. It's so nice to go from the heat of an Anaheim day to the blissful waterside cool of the "outdoor" terrace. Monte Cristos with fireflies . . . yum!

• Minion

I love the quick service at Disneyland. I've yet to eat at the table services in the parks but I plan on doing that, soon!

Hungry Bear: Great ambiance and the food is good, besides the nasty sweet potato fries.

Plaza Inn: Delicious chicken and very beautiful.

French Market: Good food and great ambiance.

Rancho del Zocalo: Decent Mexican food.

Flo's: Need I say more?

Pizza Port: The chicken fusili is delicious.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Napa Rose is exquisite. I have a tattoo of their logo to commemorate food and wine there. Anything else is just food. I am easy to please. Not that I eat off the sidewalks like some dogs I know...
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Seed and Mulch

The Blue Bayou is the only restaurant on property that transports you to a different place and time.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

The setting of Blue Bayou is lovely, yes, but I'd put forward the fact it's not the only one to convincingly 'transport' you while you eat - after all, Redd Rocket's Pizza Port is pretty seamlessly like going back in time to 1998 (at least for me).
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I think the interior of the Plaza Inn reminds me of a turn of the century dining room with it's chandeliers and opulent walls. I know it was one of Walt's favorite dining spots so eating inside makes me feel a bit closer to the legend.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• #bringevilback

If cost is not an issue, Napa Rose, at the Chef's table, is by far the best food, best service, and you get a wonderful show of watching the kitchen work during your meal.

•   
    • Minion

The Blue Bayou. I think the food for dinner is great. I haven't been there for lunch. It amazes me they haven't tried to make another attraction type restaurant in the park. Trader Sams at the hotel is the closest they have come in years and it shows they could still do it!

As others have mentioned, The Blue Bayou really is a great experience, and although it is pricey, I think its worth doing at least once. Everything we had was great, and the ambiance is wonderful, too. (Except for the people who are on the boats for PotC asking you to throw them rolls...)

We recently ate at the Carnation Cafe for dinner and the food was delicious! I had the fried pickles (amazing) and the fried chicken-like dinner, and it all was great.

We've eaten at Plaza Inn before and I have to agree, the fried chicken there is phenomenal.

Cafe Orleans is also great, but if you're looking just for the gumbo, you can get it at Royal Street Veranda, then find a bench and people watch.

I've eaten at Rancho del Zolcalo twice and have been disappointed both times, but I think it has to due with living in LA and being spoiled with tons of amazing Mexican places.

I'm showing my age but my favorite will always be the Tahitian Terrace. We ate there several times and my Grandfather was recruited during the entertainment.

The Blue Bayou is next and I agree with what others have said, try it at least once.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    The setting of Blue Bayou is lovely, yes, but I'd put forward the fact it's not the only one to convincingly 'transport' you while you eat - after all, Redd Rocket's Pizza Port is pretty seamlessly like going back in time to 1998 (at least for me).
    This particular response sounds a bit tongue in cheek, but I'll add Hungry Bear for transporting you elsewhere. Get a table overlooking the water, watch the boats, and drift away.

There are a few others, as well. The food won't be any better than typical fast food amusement park fare, but the atmosphere can be wonderful.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    This one is kind of a tough one, because I really like a lot of different places at DLR and still have lots to try!

The favorites that come to mind are:
    Club 33 (I know, it's not really feasible, but by far the best dining experience I've ever had)
    Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta - the sundried tomato pasta
    Red Wagon/Stagedoor Cafe/Corn Dog Castle - the corn dogs, of course!
    Coke Refreshment Corner - Mac & Cheese hot dog
    Carnation Cafe - for breakfast! We haven't tried it for lunch or dinner so not sure

We mostly avoid sit down restaurants for the sake of saving some money and time, though I hope to give some more a try over time.

Also, we LOVE the churros!!
    That Club 33 gets lumped in with all of those other offerings is a sad testatment to what eventually became of it.

Back in the day, Club 33 was an experience in and of itself. You didn't go to Disneyland, you went to Club 33. Those days, sadly, are long gone...

• No Disassemble!

Breakfast - Flo's
    Lunch - Carthay Circle
    Dinner - Wine Country Trattoria

Least Favorite - Pizza Port
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

My favorites are carnation cafe for breakfast.

Blue bayou, big thunder ranch BBQ, cafe orleans, and at DCA the bar at Ariels Grotto (lobster nachos and a black pearl are practically perfect in every way)for lunch or dinner.

For snacks I always get a dole whip, or a cream cheese pretzel! Great food to people watch or parade watch with! But I'm sure they have those at Disneyworld

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    That Club 33 gets lumped in with all of those other offerings is a sad testatment to what eventually became of it.
    It got lumped into available food offerings at Disneyland. I wouldn't put it anywhere near the level of the other places I listed. It was an experience in and of itself when I went. Everything it was hyped up to be in my opinion.

It's not an experience everyone gets to have, which is why I suggested places that are much more accessible. Please do not misunderstand my including it to mean anything otherwise.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast