Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Most beautiful place?

It is a grey and rainy day here… it has me thinking about how beautiful parts of Disneyland Park are. What do you think is the most beautiful spot in DLP is? Please limit your choice to areas in DLP, not DCA or the rest of the resort. (I’m asking the same question in the WDW forum about the MK)

Mind you, I’ve never actually been to DLP, but from the pics I’ve seen and descriptions I’ve read, I think one of the most beautiful spots would be the FastPass garden at the Haunted Mansion. A lovely walled garden, slightly overgrown, with statuary equally at home in a garden or a cemetery. Well-themed to the ride it is attached to, but not “haunted looking.” I’ve been told it is also very peaceful.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Re: Most beautiful place?

I think the most beautiful spot in Anaheim has to be Town Square. Especially at night. I love the popcorn lights and the way that the flowers are always (of course) in bloom. When you walk through the tunnel and that is the first thing you see.... simply gorgeous!
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

All of Disneyland when decked out for Christmas. But if I had to pick one or a few spots, one would be standing in front of and looking at small world, especially in the evening when the lights are on (and again especially at Christmas).

I also like the walkway between Big Thunder and Rivers of America, where the old tunnel is. If it weren't for the smoking section nearby, I could hang out there a bit.

And finally, when my kids go to play on Pirate's Lair, I love to find a quite bench and let the world go by. It's very peaceful over there.

• -

The bottom floor of Hungry Bear way in the back watching the river traffic and feeding the ducks does it for me. So quiet and peaceful with the river and trees in front of you.

Pre-Tomorrowland 1998, one of the most beautiful places at night was on the rocket-jets, way up high watching the lights of the park spin past you.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

A few areas:

-Back behind Thunder Mountain, standing on the bridge, watching the (albeit fake) fish jump
    -Under the big tree by the tea cups
    -The extreme end of Critter Country, with all of the ferns

It's a typical answer, but I do really love Snow White's Grotto. Especially at night when it's all lit up. And all of New Orleans Square is just gorgeous to me.
    Disneyland AP & go as often as I can! · DL Paris March 2002 · WDW Dec. 2007 & Jan. 2013 · Tokyo DL & Sea April 2009
    To Do: DCL Alaska 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland, you're next; Shanghai Disney, see you in 2016!
    GROUNDHOG DAY: WDW and DLR in the same day: 2/2/13
    My Stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite

• Nic

Probably the Castle Lighting during Christmastime.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Banned User

I know you said not too, but while Disneyland is probably the best stateside Disney park, DCA is more beautiful. Disneyland is charming and graceful and quaint and attraction heavy, but it has no area as beautiful as parts of Carsland or Grizzly. For me, nature is just more beautiful than buildings. However, areas of The Jungle Cruise and in front of Haunted Mansion and Pirates, looking 360 degrees is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall to Wall Creep View Post
    A few areas:

-Back behind Thunder Mountain, standing on the bridge, watching the (albeit fake) fish jump
    -Under the big tree by the tea cups
    -The extreme end of Critter Country, with all of the ferns
    There are real fish in there now We were shocked to see some when we were looking for the fake ones!

• Minion

In my opinion, the most beautiful place in Disneyland would have to be Main Street at night. I love looking at those popcorn lights that adorn the buildings.

The courtyard in New Orleans Square.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by SunsetLament View Post
    The courtyard in New Orleans Square.
    The stair case called the Court of Angels I think is what you mean, and I agree it can be lovely there.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Disneyland is really beautiful at night.

The front of the park inside the turnstiles. The Mickey Floral glows beautifully at night.

The teacups and their lanterns.

The Rivers of America, and the Golden Horseshoe.

Fantasyland, directly behind the Castle. Peter Pan's tower, the carousel, are just dazzling.

I think the Firehouse is beautiful at night. Town Square just glows at night time.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    The stair case called the Court of Angels I think is what you mean, and I agree it can be lovely there.
    One of my favorite places on the planet.
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    Yup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast