Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Disneyland Food...Improvements/Still needs improving

The pizza at Redd Rockets has gone seriously downhill. Their veggie slices used to be my "go-to" vegetarian dish, but the last time I was there, the pizza was so burned the mushrooms looked like wood shavings. They unapologetically served it up anyway- I mean, it was burned well beyond edible. Horrid.

I also wish they would replace that stupid $25 mushroom at the Blue Bayou with a veggie jambalaya or something else. A mushroom is not dinner, and it sure as shoelaces isn't worth the price.

My husband, being a pretzel junky who has sampled wares from every stand in the resort, insists that the Frontierland ones (or "pretzels of the frontier" as we call them) are about 1000% better than any others, and I agree. They always seem to be fresh and hot there, not stale like the pretzels of fantasy or bland like the pretzels of tomorrow.

And if they ever attempt to "improve" the dole whip, I'm starting a riot. Just the fact that they changed the wonderfully out of date and horribly cheesy pre-tiki-room pineapple video is bad enough. You start adding other flavors or messing with my dole whip float, we'll see how big of a dragon I can turn into.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by faerla View Post
    My husband, being a pretzel junky who has sampled wares from every stand in the resort, insists that the Frontierland ones (or "pretzels of the frontier" as we call them) are about 1000% better than any others, and I agree. They always seem to be fresh and hot there, not stale like the pretzels of fantasy or bland like the pretzels of tomorrow.
    It is so funny that you mention this. My boyfriend swears that I am the pickiest eater on the planet (I am but that's besides the point) and that the ones near It's A Small World taste exactly the same as the ones in Frontierland. I think there is a huge quality/taste difference. The ones near It's A Small World are very bland, almost stale tasting. I have been told over 100 times that I am imagining things and that they taste exactly the same. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who tastes a difference!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by faerla View Post
    You start adding other flavors or messing with my dole whip float, we'll see how big of a dragon I can turn into.
    As long as they still offer the original, who cares if they offer other flavors?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

The last time I went to Disneyland was in 2007. We were there for 6 days and the only in park meal that I actually enjoyed was from Club 33 and I don't know that I'll ever have that opportunity again. I remember growing up thinking that Disneyland had the best food of any park. The last few times I've gone though I have to say that I've been happier with my food from Magic Mountain, Universal Studios, and SeaWorld. I really do hope that the food at Disneyland is improving.

• Rock Star Minion

Earrlier this month, I had for the first (and probably last, since I cannot afford to go to DL anymore) time the Monte Cristo at the Cafe Orleans. Awesome. Too much for one person. That is the only complaint I have. I'm still working it off.
    To anyone: Make sure to split it with someone else, and split an appetizer/salad/soup as well.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12