Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Closed Account

Disneyland Food...Improvements/Still needs improving

Everyone is aware that Disneyland food is hit or miss, some of it's great, some of it's awful, and some of it's in between. What food items would you like to see them change at Disneyland and DCA? How would you change those items? Also, what food items have you seen improve/like the improvements of?

Would like to see improved:
    Turkey legs - way too salty, obviously they do this to preserve them (and sell more soda), but they are too salty to eat these days.

Churros - too doughy. Would love to see them crispier.

Frozen lemonade - would love to see it be sweeter rather than so lip puckering.

Tomorrowland Terrace burgers - please make them like the burgers at Taste Pilot's Grill at DCA

Cream cheese pretzel - would love a savory, rich cream cheese inside rather than a sweet, almost cinnamon roll like cream cheese

Coca Cola Corner hot dogs - what is with the weird consistency/reddish color? No other hot dogs in the park are like that, the rest of the hot dogs at DCA and Disneyland are way better!

Love the improvements/changes/new offerings
    Cheese that accompanies the Mickey Pretzels - so glad that they changed to the mild rather than the hotter jalapeno piece filled cheese of the past

Jolly Holiday Bakery - a huge thumbs up for the larger location, and for the chocolate muffins, a huge improvement over quality from old location

Village Haus - food has gotten progressively better while Tomorrowland Terrace food has gotten progressively worse

• -

Re: Disneyland Food...Improvements/Still needs improving

I would love to see more grilled chicken offerings around the park, rather than the fried, breaded crap (except for the fried chicken at the Plaza Inn, but that's different).
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I would love to see more grilled chicken offerings around the park, rather than the fried, breaded crap (except for the fried chicken at the Plaza Inn, but that's different).
    Would love to see this as well! Sometimes we take the ART to Degrees at the Anaheim Marriott to get their grilled chicken sandwich with aioli sauce on it. Wish Disneyland had something similar, even if it didn't have the sauce. I don't like fried chicken at all, but I love chicken, so I usually don't get chicken at Disneyland.

• Closed Account

I would also like to see them make more candy items that don't have caramel. Was disappointed when they changed all of the chocolate dipper pretzels to having caramel underneath the chocolate, they did the same with the marshmallow treats like Tigger Tails (I think that's what they are called). I'm allergic to caramel, and it has gotten to where there is hardly any candy I can get at any of the sweet shops anymore at Disneyland.

I love the addition of fruit at the trading post outside of Jungle Cruise.

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    I would also like to see them make more candy items that don't have caramel. Was disappointed when they changed all of the chocolate dipper pretzels to having caramel underneath the chocolate, they did the same with the marshmallow treats like Tigger Tails (I think that's what they are called). I'm allergic to caramel, and it has gotten to where there is hardly any candy I can get at any of the sweet shops anymore at Disneyland.
    I'm sorry you are allergic to the commericial coloring used in caramel. You need some real, home made stuff without the coloring added.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    I'm sorry you are allergic to the commericial coloring used in caramel. You need some real, home made stuff without the coloring added.
    It's actually not the coloring that I am allergic to, it's the vanilla flavoring and in some cases the vanilla extract. They use ethyl alcohol when they prepare the vanilla beans, and that is where the allergy comes from. Even some of the natural vanilla's contain it. It's a balancing game in life when you are allergic to almost everything!

Having never been to the Carnation Cafe prior to my last trip (and after it has been improved) I have to say the food is pretty spectacular. A little expensive, yes, but we live in LA so we're sort of used to those prices for dinner regardless. I ordered the fried pickles expecting chips (as they're easier to fry) and they came out with spears! Well done. I also had the fried chicken and it was all delicious. My boyfriend had the meatloaf and although I do not like meatloaf, I loved it, and he was a big fan. I don't know if it's the quality of ingredients, or perhaps the recipes, but either way I've never had a disappointing dinner meal at DL. I will say my one disappointment was the french onion soup at Cafe Orleans - not enough cheese!

Also, is it just me, or is the popcorn perpetually stale? Even though I know they're making it right there, it always tastes stale!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by iceicebergha View Post
    Also, is it just me, or is the popcorn perpetually stale? Even though I know they're making it right there, it always tastes stale!
    Try the fresh caramel corn over at CA Adventure. It's 100 times better than the plain popcorn.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by iceicebergha View Post
    I love Disneyland's popcorn, but a couple things I have noticed: never get it in a bucket, it's always stale by the time you reach the bottom. Never get the first batch of the day or the last batch of the day. Best time to get it is early afternoon when the popper is "broken in" and the oil is well coated. Always wait for a fresh batch to be popped.

• Nic

Besides the Pizza at California Adventure, Disneyland Pizza sucks! Village Haus is the worst.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Besides the Pizza at California Adventure, Disneyland Pizza sucks! Village Haus is the worst.
    I wish they would bring the DCA pizza to Disneyland. I've choked down many slices of Pizza Port Pizza, the only thing that saves it is completely covering every centimeter of it in Parmesan Cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Try the fresh caramel corn over at CA Adventure. It's 100 times better than the plain popcorn.
    Whoa... Where do they make fresh caramel corn at DCA?!? I've never seen this and must get some next time!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    Whoa... Where do they make fresh caramel corn at DCA?!? I've never seen this and must get some next time!
    At these popcorn looking carts. There use to be one by Soarin' and also one by the FunWheel, maybe someone can confirm if that's still the case. Only go by there when my boyfriend is craving it.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    At these popcorn looking carts. There use to be one by Soarin' and also one by the FunWheel, maybe someone can confirm if that's still the case. Only go by there when my boyfriend is craving it.
    I thought all the popcorn carts in CA Adventure have caramel corn, too. I know for sure the one by Soarin’ does. That’s the one I usually go to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast