Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Disney Pixar, Planes: Soaring Over Cars Land & the U.S.A.

I'm thinking that the upcoming Disney Pixar Cars Land film, Planes, would lend itself to an awesome new ride to accompany Soaring Over California in DCAs Condor Flats. It could start out with the Planes taking off and flying to Cars Land, and then soaring above scenic vistas and important places throughout America. The planes characters would be cmputer generated and in 3-D (and would interact with one another), while the sites encountered during the ride would be real...making for a real thrill! Additional "Soaring Over" theaters would likely be needed - but then MORE is better, right....

Planes Characters & Voices
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nVo84ymA58

Planes Trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrQJP0LT_I4

Trailer looks pretty exciting!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-27-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Closed Account

Re: Disney Pixar, Planes: Soaring Over Cars Land & the U.S.A.

Just what we need, more stuff based on the Cars franchise at DCA. Cars 2 was terrible, don't have any expectations of Planes at all. The last thing we need is another Cars ride.

The movie is actually a DisneyToon Studios production, but as I've pointed out before, it is based on a Pixar property, and people are going to associate it with Pixar. At this point, who knows, it may turn out to be better than Cars 2, which wouldn't be hard to believe.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    Just what we need, more stuff based on the Cars franchise at DCA. Cars 2 was terrible, don't have any expectations of Planes at all. The last thing we need is another Cars ride.
    I think we can look forward to a high soaring adventurous wing ding! ....even if this ride might be a little bit Dusty.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    The movie is actually a DisneyToon Studios production, but as I've pointed out before, it is based on a Pixar property, and people are going to associate it with Pixar. At this point, who knows, it may turn out to be better than Cars 2, which wouldn't be hard to believe.
    I'm certain that Planes will leave Cars 2 flat on the ground. Thanx for bringing it to our attention, Robert Cook, that Disney Toon Studios will produce the film. John Lasseter will most likely be overseeing it - so I'm happy and excited....and my prop is spinning faster.

• -

I’d rather just see Soarin’ get an update with new CA locations… Glide over Avalon Harbor, race a fly ball out of Dodger Stadium, cruise over Pier 39 in San Francisco… Things like that. Maybe they could even randomize the locations that you visit on your hang glider tour so that each ride is different like on Star Tours. I don’t think we need a character overlay on this.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I’d rather just see Soarin’ get an update with new CA locations… Glide over Avalon Harbor, race a fly ball out of Dodger Stadium, cruise over Pier 39 in San Francisco… Things like that. Maybe they could even randomize the locations that you visit on your hang glider tour so that each ride is different like on Star Tours. I don’t think we need a character overlay on this.
    this. Soarin without a movie tie-would still be very popular

• Nic

Disney California Adventure
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    Yes it's a DisneyToon Studios production. The problem I have with Planes is that they are already making it a trilogy and the first one hasn't taken off yet. Cars didn't make it past Cars 2 (which was terrible) why do they think Planes will?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    Cars didn't make it past Cars 2
    Yet
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Cars 2 was not TERRIBLE. That's a hugely dramatic over exaggeration. It wasn't great, but little boys loved it, as a dad who has one who has multiple friends. It was decently entertaining and for me, still better than the last Shreck and better than all of the Madagascar movies. It was by no means Pixars best, as we all know, but it did get a new generation of boys into the Cars franchise. The anticipation leading up to Cars 2 was huge, as the sales of Cars merchandise proved. No one I know of is anticipating Planes in ANY way.
    if they try and tie Planes into Soarin somehow, then I will truly have given up on this generation of both Disney execs and imagineers. but I don't for a second believe it will happen.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Cars 2 was not TERRIBLE. That's a hugely dramatic over exaggeration. It wasn't great, but little boys loved it,
    I know many little kids (including boys) ages 4-9 who hated Cars 2. It was considered the first Pixar film to actually generate a very negative response, not just be bad, but be "rotten" all across the board.

Cars earned $244,082,982 in the United States in 2006. Cars 2 only earned $191,452,396 in the United States and that was in 2011, where it should have been able to earn a lot more than the original. Cars 2 also made the top three for the least attended opening day Pixar film joining the likes of Ratatouille and Up. It was also the first Pixar film to not be nominated for an Oscar. I would say that I'm not the only one who believes it was terrible!

While your enthusiasm is commendable...yeah, we don't need any Planes tie-ins. It's not even Pixar, and Condor Flats is land-locked - there's no room for a new ride. Soarin' is fabulous as is and doesn't need a movie tie-in to pull in crowds.

• I'm from Canada eh!

I loved Cars and Cars 2 and look forward to Planes.

I've never really understood the hate.

• Banned User

johnlawwhiskey have you seen the Cars 2 merchandising numbers for the year of Cars 2 release. Its absolutely off the charts. Every boy I know, and thats a significant number between my boys and their friends, my nephews and their friends and just seeing the merchandise fly off the shelves at Wal Mart and Target, was obsessed with Cars 2 and the characters. The problem with Cars 2 was not boys, but most of the other demographics.
    I guess we just have sa different opinion of TERRIBLE. It was a mediocre movie, which actually gets somewhat better after the first viewing, and the characters were extremely fun.
    Cars on the other hand, for me anyway, was fantastic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast