Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Senior Minion

Re: Monstropolis or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    While I could make arguments for Bugs Land and Cars Land, fundamentally it is even simpler: If two people robbed a liquor store would it be ok for a third person to rob the store?

Strong evidence to the contrary:
    To all who come to this place of dreams, welcome. Disney California Adventure celebrates the spirit of optimism and the promise of endless opportunities, ignited by the imagination of daring dreamers such as Walt Disney and those like him who forever changed- and were forever changed by- The Golden State. This unique place embraces the richness and diversity of California... Its land, its people, its stories and, above all, the dreamers it continues to inspire.
    —Robert A. Iger, June 15, 2012
    Don't try to use poor Bob's own words against him. You can't take the dedication of park seriously, that's just some inspirational sounding crap written by some marketing guru for Bob to say.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Disney no longer does that in the US parks outside of "atmospheric" rides like the Red Car Trolley. We all need to get over this fact and move on. Either decide to accept what Disney does today and enjoy it for what it's worth or just don't visit as often and let them know with your wallet.
    Trust me, I'm not one of the fans who become very angry or upset over rides based on IPs. I've pretty much accepted the idea of original ideas going away for a long time. Still, I will continue to hope for an original concept for Hollywood Land. It could happen.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    If this is a serious suggestion I vote no, because DCA would be wrecked by Ralph.

DCA stands for Disney CALIFORNIA Adventure, WIR doesn't take place in California or IMHO appeal to a demographic older than 12.
    But Wreck-It Ralph was all about appealing to older gamers. Twelve year olds have never heard of Tapper before.

Quote Originally Posted by xboxtravis7992 View Post
    I do find it funny though the debate over if Monster would fit the California theme of DCA, seeing Cars Land is set in Monument Valley on the Arizona-Utah border... I think any pretense DCA is %100 California flew out the passenger window at Radiator Springs. I think at this point "Disney's Adventure Park" would be a better name for DCA.
    I think Carsland works as a distillation of Route 66, complete with leading directly to a Californian oceanside amusement park built on a big pier.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Don't try to use poor Bob's own words against him. You can't take the dedication of park seriously, that's just some inspirational sounding crap written by some marketing guru for Bob to say.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12