Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sharkslayer

Question Monstropolis or Not?

I don't know about Monstropolis at DCA.

I mean, I know that Monsters Inc. Door Coaster is rumor coming to DCA.

But, in a this post:
    Tomorrow Land
    Disneysidney24 say that recently talk to an Imagineer, he say that a clone of Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor or a similar Monsters Inc. show will be replace Captain EO. What will happened to the rumor Monstropolis, now that Monsters Inc. now that will be coming to replace Captain EO? It is True or False?

Remember that Mickey's Philharmagic will be coming to replace Muppet-Vision 3D, now the rumor is NOT true. and the Crush's Coaster to replace Mulholland Madness, also NOT true, It instead be Goofy's Sky School.

I Don't think that Monstropolis might be cancelled. But when some Balloons are flight in the Stage 17, that might be a Roller Coaster or for Another Attraction.

I mean, I like to see Wreck-It Ralph area, instead of Monstropolis; named Video Game Alley. A Toontown version of Disney California Adventure, and a Area based on a Animated film that would fit in Hollywood Land. DCA has 2 Pixar areas: a bug's land and Cars Land. 1 more Pixar area and Disney California Adventure would become into Disney-Pixar Adventure. It might be Terrible.

Is Monstropolis true or not?

• Minion

Re: Monstropolis or Not?

I'm hoping it doesn't happen. I understand that Monstropolis would be a sub-land and not part of Hollywood Land, and that makes me feel better. However, there are so many different themes they could go with that are better than Monsters, ones that actually fit th California theme. They can do better and they should do better.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Sharkslayer

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    I'm hoping it doesn't happen. I understand that Monstropolis would be a sub-land and not part of Hollywood Land, and that makes me feel better. However, there are so many different themes they could go with that are better than Monsters, ones that actually fit th California theme. They can do better and they should do better.
    What about Wreck-It Ralph? It just an Animated film that can fit in Hollywood Land and might become into a Toontown version of DCA.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Personally I vote Notstropolis.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeySmurfette24 View Post
    What about Wreck-It Ralph? It just an Animated film that can fit in Hollywood Land and might become into a Toontown version of DCA.
    If this is a serious suggestion I vote no, because DCA would be wrecked by Ralph.

DCA stands for Disney CALIFORNIA Adventure, WIR doesn't take place in California or IMHO appeal to a demographic older than 12.

• Sharkslayer

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    If this is a serious suggestion I vote no, because DCA would be wrecked by Ralph.

DCA stands for Disney CALIFORNIA Adventure, WIR doesn't take place in California or IMHO appeal to a demographic older than 12.
    What does IMHO mean?

Ralph will not wreck DCA!...Just only the Hollywood Studios.

If Ralph doesn't take in California, so Why a bug's land and Cars Land is at DCA?

• Minion

No, thanks. How about an original idea without a tie to any Disney characters?
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

That would be ideal imo.

• Minion

What does IMHO mean?

Ralph will not wreck DCA!...Just only the Hollywood Studios.

If Ralph doesn't take in California, so Why a bug's land and Cars Land is at DCA?
    Hollywood studios would actually be the better fit. Carsland fits due to car culture...or at least that's what disney wants us to believe. Bugs land doesn't fit, monsters doesn't fit, and wreck it Ralph doesn't fit in any way.

I think DCA stands for Disney's California Adventure, meaning it is in California, does not have to be related to California. I understand it was originally supposed to be California theme. But I think now it just means its an adventure in the state of California.

• Senior Minion

Disney no longer does that in the US parks outside of "atmospheric" rides like the Red Car Trolley. We all need to get over this fact and move on. Either decide to accept what Disney does today and enjoy it for what it's worth or just don't visit as often and let them know with your wallet.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Avid MC reader since 2005

What does IMHO mean?
    IMHO = In my humble opinion.

I really hope they do not turn that area into Monstropolis. Monsters Inc. does not see enough traffic as it is - we don't need a whole Monsters land. There is such a limited amount of space at DLR and I would like them to turn that area into something really beautiful and/or exciting. Monstropolis is not the right thing for that area.

Having just seen Monster's University, I think this franchise will have staying power. However their are not that many exciting locations in the Monster films, everything looks like a U.S. city with horns and spikes on the buildings. Yet a "door coaster" would be an exciting concept for a ride, even if it doesn't fit in the theme of Hollywoodland.

I do find it funny though the debate over if Monster would fit the California theme of DCA, seeing Cars Land is set in Monument Valley on the Arizona-Utah border... I think any pretense DCA is %100 California flew out the passenger window at Radiator Springs. I think at this point "Disney's Adventure Park" would be a better name for DCA.

One thing is for sure, Monsters are a better fit in Hollywoodland than "ABC Soap Star on the Superstar Limo" were!

Why not base a Hollywoodland attraction after the original Disney stars though? Mickey is more of a film icon than Mike and Sully.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    I think DCA stands for Disney's California Adventure, meaning it is in California, does not have to be related to California. I understand it was originally supposed to be California theme. But I think now it just means its an adventure in the state of California.
    So it has no theme? Or is the theme adventure?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• -

While I could make arguments for Bugs Land and Cars Land, fundamentally it is even simpler: If two people robbed a liquor store would it be ok for a third person to rob the store?

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    I think DCA stands for Disney's California Adventure, meaning it is in California, does not have to be related to California.
    Strong evidence to the contrary:

To all who come to this place of dreams, welcome. Disney California Adventure celebrates the spirit of optimism and the promise of endless opportunities, ignited by the imagination of daring dreamers such as Walt Disney and those like him who forever changed- and were forever changed by- The Golden State. This unique place embraces the richness and diversity of California... Its land, its people, its stories and, above all, the dreamers it continues to inspire.
    —Robert A. Iger, June 15, 2012
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast