Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Singing Drinker

Re: Confirmed: No new park attraction announcements at d23

I have a suspicion that they're going to hold off until they get the initial projections of damage from the USH expansions that are currently underway.

Ditching the five year plan at this point would quite likely be seen as a sign of panic if not outright surrender to the incoming WWHOP expansion. While the end result would be better for us as a general park going public, the havoc rejiggering five to ten years of books that were likely counting on a set group of largescale projects bolstered by a series of smaller ones would very likely be substantial and to be avoided. Plus, coming out now when HP's still two years at minimum away would be pinning Disney down at a time when flexibility very definitely serves them better.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

No Imagineer allowed to speak publicly will ever divulge real information.

• Future Imagineer

From the article:
    "Fans with a keen eye might spot clues about work currently in development, but we will not be making any new product announcements at the Expo this year. However, we have a few surprises in store"

Make of it as you will.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    but it isn't just Radiator Springs, it's Stanley's Oasis, Ornament Valley, Cadillac Range, and more. Granted they could've come up with something more creative, bit it's OK the way it is
    Technically, Stanley's Oasis was the start of the Radiator Springs settlement, so it'd fall under that banner. If you want a better catch-all term for the Radiator Springs and Ornament Valley area, you could always use Carburetor County.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

They better be lying.....Disneyland needs some remodeling...or new rides...or something more then the shows and parades and redo of old attractions

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    They better be lying.....Disneyland needs some remodeling...or new rides...or something more then the shows and parades and redo of old attractions
    Who said they aren't going to announce anything before or after the expo

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Last time Disneyland built a true E-ticket attraction......1995......a year before my son was born.

He graduates from HS next year

From the time I was born until I graduated from High School they built Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, The Country Bear Jamboree, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Mountain, America Sings, and Pinocchio's Daring Journey......etc.

sigh
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Last time Disneyland built a true E-ticket attraction......1994......two years before my son was born.
    Indiana Jones opened in 1995

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Indiana Jones opened in 1995
    Yeah, I realized that.....a little too late apparently
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    A cool idea, perhaps, but a financial crapshoot.
    That wouldn't be any more of a financial risk because that's essentially how they do things now. It's called Market Research and it's how Disney decides to make most of their decisions. My sister works for a large market research company in their media and internet division and Disney is one of their clients and she says that no company is more driven by research data then Disney. They frequently drastically change story-lines completely based on what the audience data says.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Maybe they want to see how the lone ranger does, before they can get an ok on an expansion to Frontierland!

I REALLY hope they confirm eiither a large expansion to Frontierland, or. A HUGE makeover of Tomorrowland.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Maybe they want to see how the lone ranger does, before they can get an ok on an expansion to Frontierland!

I REALLY hope they confirm eiither a large expansion to Frontierland, or. A HUGE makeover of Tomorrowland.
    God is Lone Ranger holds the future to Frontierland....then its screwed....I'm sure it will do ok...but it's not the next Pirates franchise the trailer shows you the whole movie...seems like a generic action film
    Plus its coming out against Despicable Me 2 the Pacific Rim the next week......Disney needs to stop basing lands moving forward off movies like Tron and even Pixar films....just make good rides

I think we all need to remember the distinction between whether or not a ride is happening, and the period in which it is announced.

There surely could be a major expansion in the near future just for whatever reason Disney has decided not to announce it at the Expo.

That said, I do think the Disney Parks Blog has made Disney Parks marketing team lazy. Rather than making than making announcements events in themselves they just release a generic blog post. Plenty of guests would have been satisfied with Festival of Fantasy being announced at the expo but they decided to announce it on the blog a few months back. There were no developments between the announcement and now so there is no reason for them announcing it earlier.

The same is even more true for Avatar. It's been nearly 2 years since it was announced and there has been NO indication that it was in the works. Avatar certainly would have been greeted with more fanfare if it was a surprise announcement at 2013 D23 expo.

I think the axe to the Arena presentation and lack of any announcements is more due to a new philosophy by Disney PR and Marketing rather than there not actually being anything to announce.

The way I see it, everything that should have been announced at the expo has already been announced (Ratatouille, Avatar, Aulani expansion, Festival of Fantasy, whatever WDW DVC is currently under construction)
    Last edited by Rave; 06-28-2013 at 07:43 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    That wouldn't be any more of a financial risk because that's essentially how they do things now. It's called Market Research and it's how Disney decides to make most of their decisions. My sister works for a large market research company in their media and internet division and Disney is one of their clients and she says that no company is more driven by research data then Disney. They frequently drastically change story-lines completely based on what the audience data says.
    But voting at the Expo? Those fans are not the majority of the guests Disney needs to pull in. Not even the people who read the blogs or watch the YouTube videos are necessarily the average Disneyland guest. Market research is definitely what they need to do, but to decide the fate of an attraction, especially anything above a B ticket, is far-fetched. Maybe the expo guests and online voters can choose a small aspect like where a hidden Mickey should go, or what past attraction will get a nod somewhere on the track, but I think that's as far as it should go.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    I think it would be such a cool marketing idea if they let the fans pick which attraction they built next. Say they showed 3 blue sky concepts and then let fans vote online and at the expo to decide which one they moved forward with.
    Love this idea!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast