Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• No Disassemble!

Re: Confirmed: No new park attraction announcements at d23

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    From the article:
    "Fans with a keen eye might spot clues about work currently in development, but we will not be making any new product announcements at the Expo this year. However, we have a few surprises in store"

Make of it as you will.
    My bet is on a Tomorrowland re-design. And technically if you brought the peoplemover back it wouldn't be a "new" attraction would it?
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Last time Disneyland built a true E-ticket attraction......1995......a year before my son was born.

He graduates from HS next year

From the time I was born until I graduated from High School they built Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, The Country Bear Jamboree, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Mountain, America Sings, and Pinocchio's Daring Journey......etc.

sigh
    What about rocket rods in 1998!

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    My bet is on a Tomorrowland re-design. And technically if you brought the peoplemover back it wouldn't be a "new" attraction would it?
    exactly and like for example I'm also interested to see the imagineers panel of , "making of mystic manor" in d23 and wait for the surprise in the end when they tell its coming To DCA not technically a new attraction ! I'm hoping for surprises such as those !

• Banned User

Not gonna happen!!!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    What about rocket rods in 1998!
    I rest my case...
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Not gonna happen!!!
    Stop being a Debbie Downer! Let them have their dream.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Banned User

I know, I know!! Reality sucks. :-)

•   
    • Minion

I know, I know!! Reality sucks. :-)
    Not sure about the reality of thinking they won't announce something for one of their parks in the 6 resorts around the world. The statement from the imagineer is pretty cryptic IMO. They are building a whole Disneyland in Shanghai there has to be some news about it I would think. Plus other plans for the parks.

• Banned User

He stated there would be no NEW product announcements. They have already announced Shanghai, Avatarland and The WDW DtD expansion, so that gives them a lot to work with. Im not sure why we feel the need to create something that isnt going to happen. The guy didnt LIE, as some have suggested. That's ridiculous.
    If they are going to have new attraction announcements, you dont tell everyone a month out that there will be NO new attraction announcements to drive people away from coming and temper excitement for the company and for the event. No company is that stupid. You build excitement without giving ANYTHING away.
    You answer, "well, we will all have to wait and see", or "stay tuned".
    He answered the way he did, because it was the only thing he could say, because it is the truth. He then tried to salvage some excitement by saying if we look closely we might get hints on what they are working on. Not even necessarily what is on the way, but what they are working on. Im not completely sure we are even going to see official announcements before shovels begin work on new projects anymore. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    exactly and like for example I'm also interested to see the imagineers panel of , "making of mystic manor" in d23 and wait for the surprise in the end when they tell its coming To DCA not technically a new attraction ! I'm hoping for surprises such as those !
    You expect them to surprise you a break their business deal with China? As easy as it is to cherry pick attractions that are already built or used to be I'd like to see them be more creative than the fandom when they're being paid for their creativity.

Anywho the safest expectation to have is to expect nothing. Especially when you were told nothings going to be announced. Take the event as what it is. At best we'll get incite on things already announced but moste likely we'll just get some more inside looks at things already built.

Its strange but even with six resorts does D23 have what it takes to be a real big convention? I've never been myself. Seems recently they can't even keep the Blue Sky Cellar running much of interest.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

They aren't announcing anything new. Tomorrowland or any new ride would have gotten a big Arena presentation.

Lower your expectations now so you don't hate the park so much out of rage that you will never visit again and demand to speak with higher ups.

•   
    • Minion

He stated there would be no NEW product announcements. They have already announced Shanghai, Avatarland and The WDW DtD expansion, so that gives them a lot to work with. Im not sure why we feel the need to create something that isnt going to happen. The guy didnt LIE, as some have suggested. That's ridiculous.
    If they are going to have new attraction announcements, you dont tell everyone a month out that there will be NO new attraction announcements to drive people away from coming and temper excitement for the company and for the event. No company is that stupid. You build excitement without giving ANYTHING away.
    You answer, "well, we will all have to wait and see", or "stay tuned".
    He answered the way he did, because it was the only thing he could say, because it is the truth. He then tried to salvage some excitement by saying if we look closely we might get hints on what they are working on. Not even necessarily what is on the way, but what they are working on. Im not completely sure we are even going to see official announcements before shovels begin work on new projects anymore. We will see.
    I must have missed all the official Disney announcements in regards to Avatarland and Shanghai and DHS expansion or anything for the Disneyland 60th BDAY that include projects that are being worked on for them all. Please point me to those articles so I can see what's going to be involved with those projects.

• Banned User

Are you kidding? I don't have time at the moment to go look for every article, but I assure you that Shanghai, Avatarland and DtD expansion have all been confirmed by Disney and multiple times. I didn't say anything about DHS.

• Sondheimian

I don't know, I just kind of wish it was still a viable option for Disney to make an attraction that wasn't based around a movie or some franchise, if they could make an attraction based around an idea or an experience. Fortunately, it seems like the original ideas have been thriving in the overseas parks, but here in America, it seems like we're getting the short end of the stick.

Just reading about how Disney was/is waiting to see how a movie does before they plan a gigantic expansion around it makes me sad. I wonder how long ago it was when an Imagineer got an idea, and he was so genuinely excited about it, and he pitched the idea to other Imagineers, and they got really excited about it too, and they just made the attraction on true creative and artistic merit alone; but I guess it has gotten to the point where Disney has to be extra safe with what they spend money on, and while franchises and successful movies are definitely safe, original ideas are not, it seems.

Just disappointing is all.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney

•   
    • Minion

Are you kidding? I don't have time at the moment to go look for every article, but I assure you that Shanghai, Avatarland and DtD expansion have all been confirmed by Disney and multiple times. I didn't say anything about DHS.

Every article/thread I have seen on any of them are nothing official from Disney. No attractions list for any of them either. Sure they say they are coming but with no content or opening dates attached to them except for what shows up here on MC as rumors or speculation.

I still see the convention as a platform to talk about all these projects. And technical they aren't new products anyways. I don't expect a big bang announcement at all but it's foolish to think they won't talk about additions to the parks at all at there fan fest and biggest public platform they offer. From a marketing point of view that would just be lame not to utilize the marketing platform to get people excited about projects that are in progress or even ones about to start.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast