Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Confirmed: No new park attraction announcements at d23

Quote Originally Posted by Lobot View Post
    I'm sure they'll officially announce the Main Street Alley expansion and the rumored Fantasyland dark-ride upgrades: These don't qualify as "new attractions" I don't think, but I'm afraid they will be as "new" as we're gonna get this time around.
    One wonders if the day may come when the Blue Sky Cellar will contain a corner devoted to "paint projects and lightbulb changing"
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Banned User

No joke. They need to something about Blue Sky Cellar. If there are no projects for DLR, then feature WDW or Paris or Shanghai concepts. Otherwise, put the old attraction back in. With increased attendance it would probably have more visitors. It just sits empty most of the time right now.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    No joke. They need to something about Blue Sky Cellar. If there are no projects for DLR, then feature WDW or Paris or Shanghai concepts. Otherwise, put the old attraction back in. With increased attendance it would probably have more visitors. It just sits empty most of the time right now.
    Or like mentioned in other threads, they could move the Disney Gallery to the Blue Sky Cellar since it is being downsized at Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Wouldn't the Soarin' update be included in that too?
    Oh yes, forgot about that one! Actually really excited about the new Soarin' upgrade.

Really though... IF all the rumors we've heard to date are even somewhat true... how can we expect the launch of any big announcement when there seems to be little focus on any concrete direction for the park. With the suits making complete 180's every few months and the designers up in Glendale banging their heads against the wall... how can there be any time to get anything done. First it was a possible Frontierland E-ticket expansion. Then came the Iron Man and Avengers TL rumors. Then the rumor developed into a complete Star Wars TL overhaul followed by a contradictory story that TRON might take over the area. The latest was that all would be put on hold in favor of a Monstropolis mini-land over at DCA. If that's really how it went down over at Imagineering... those poor folks must be twice as bent and confused as we are!

• Banned User

Im not sure ANYTHING is in SERIOUS consideration for DLR at this point. The rumors are there, but all of the signs, including shifting those in charge of the DCA makeover to WDW, is the attention and focus has moved over to Orlando. Although, WDW sure did take on a tremendous amount of projects while the focus was on DLR.

• Banned User

I think this guy is lying or misinformed because Jim Hill said there will be a major Star Wars land announcement for Florida at D23 and now a Miceage user is saying Autopia and Innoventions at Disneyand are being shutdown to make way for a make way for a some new attraction(s). What's going on here?

• Banned User

I don think he is misinformed. He is the imagineer in charge of Parks and Resorts for D23.

• Artistic integrity

instead the focus of the Parks and Resorts segments will focus on getting an inside view into Imagineering.
    I can picture it now

Joking aside - Isn't that what they did at the last expo?

And, what can they show, anyway, that's not revealing something they want to keep secret? Hence, the quiet, cricket chirping. lol

Theme park announcements are the only thing of any interest to me about D23
    Same goes for me.

And if all they do is verbally mention something big over 2 sentences, with no details given, ... I can find out about it online. Surely, whoever does attend, will be ready with their I-Phones .. ready to type in, at lightning speed, updates at a number of Disney Park fan sites.

So, once again, the D23 expos are of little interest to me.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 07-02-2013 at 08:02 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I don think he is misinformed. He is the imagineer in charge of Parks and Resorts for D23.
    This is Disney where somebody knowing what somebody else is actually doing is unusual. Walt Disney Imagineering doesn't get to decide which attractions are built or when they are announced.

• Banned User

Does Bob Iger still do the opening Keynote speech in the big arena style hall? I only went to the first D23 so I dunno if he still does it. If he does maybe he will announce new attractions there and then they will have displays and art when the showfloor opens?

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    If he does maybe he will announce new attractions there and then they will have displays and art when the showfloor opens?
    And in the small likelihood that happens .... Nothing an attendee can't photograph, and immediately upload it to any number of fan sites.

Anyway .. I'm just chuckling. Once again, it's sounding like another D23 expo ... with not a heck of a lot to drive me to sign up and drop several hundred dollars to the Disney Coffers.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Banned User

Then what was the purpose of cancelling the Parks and Resorts Future Attractions segment with Tom Staggs. It isnt just this imagineer saying it, but now, bloggers all over the internet are saying inside sources have told them the same thing and have even given them the reasons why its been cancelled and why no attractions will be announced.
    Additionally, the reaction all over the internet, particularly on WDW blog sites, has been soooo negative, that if it were a mistake, it would have been corrected by now. It definitely wasnt meant as a means to surprise people by telling them nothing would be announced. Not even a complete idiot in business thinks you drive away interest in an event that you plan on making announcement regarding the future of the company. You amplify interest by saying things like,"wait and see," without giving any details whatsoever.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    This is Disney where somebody knowing what somebody else is actually doing is unusual. Walt Disney Imagineering doesn't get to decide which attractions are built or when they are announced.
    Or any other company for that matter. Execs in my company always deny projects until marketing is ready to unleash it to the public. It's common practice really. IMO we have seen too many rumors for no announcements at all for any park anywhere. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I am not going to this one anyways so it really makes no difference to me either way.

• Banned User

Then what was the purpose of cancelling the Parks and Resorts Future Attractions segment with Tom Staggs. It isnt just this imagineer saying it, but now, bloggers all over the internet are saying inside sources have told them the same thing and have even given them the reasons why its been cancelled and why no attractions will be announced.
    "Inside sources" = reading into Dusty Sage's interview with the imagineer and then spicing up the story. How can Disney cancel something that may not have even been planned in the first place? I noticed there is no animation presentation planned for the event either right now maybe it will be added later? In fact I don't see anything at D23 listed for the big Halls which sounds pretty darn strange to me.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast