Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Confirmed: No new park attraction announcements at d23

In todays Miceage article, Dusty has a private interview with Imagineer Dave Fisher. He was asked if we should temper our expectations about theme park announcements this year. Fisher responded that we will not see any new product announcements at this years D23 and instead the focus of the Parks and Resorts segments will focus on getting an inside view into Imagineering.

BUMMER!!!!!!!

• Minion

Re: Confirmed: No new park attraction announcements at d23

Tonight at 8 PM, OrlandoUnited will be releasing details of a new project that has apparently been greenlit for Universal Studios Florida. Sooo if you need to whet your appetite for theme park news, might wanna check that out.

• Unhelpful User

The can't announced anything yet , the wanna surprise us !

D23 has to keep a lid on whats next obviuosly the imagineers have to keep quiet about anything that's coming I mean come on they wanna keep their jobs, not even the suits like Iger and staggs can say anything it's only common sense ,

the last 2 expos were a bummer cause we knew what they were going into the expo, d23 this time shock us a little bit, I just wanna hear something I haven't heard here or anywhere else,

the suspense is killing me! To be continued
    Last edited by DCAfanatic; 06-28-2013 at 01:45 PM.

• Banned User

He wasn't asked to give us info or divulge upcoming attractions in the interview. He was asked IF any attraction announcements will happen at D23. He said no, because the truth is NO. If there were announcements, he would have said something like "stay tuned", or "wait and see", to build excitement without divulging any information.

• Rock Star Minion

I was hoping to find out at D23 that there wouldn't be any announcements.
    [shaking fist]INTERNET!!!!!!!!!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

I still have hope that something will be announced officially.

• Banned User

Why? What gives you that hope after you heard straight from an Imagineer that there will NOT be any official announcements?
    This doesn't in any way imply that plans aren't in the works, but they just wont be announced at D23.
    believe me, Im as disappointed as anyone. Theme park announcements are the only thing of any interest to me about D23

If you think we will be disappointed, go check out some other WDW sites and read the chatter about what all will be announced for WDW at D23 and how they cant wait. I think there would be riots if D23 were held in Orlando this year. LOL

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

I'm pretty sure this is all part of the plan.

I'd like to think that it is, at least.
    As of 6/15, Merida is now my favorite Princess...Sorry, Cinderella. Thanks for the memories.

Disneyland AP Holder since 2012
    Check me out on Instagram: instagram.com/elimprocess#

• Heavy Breather

They're probably trying to keep a REALLY tight lid on the current projects in the works. But that's what I said about the last D23 soooo...

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Why? What gives you that hope after you heard straight from an Imagineer that there will NOT be any official announcements?
    This doesn't in any way imply that plans aren't in the works, but they just wont be announced at D23.
    believe me, Im as disappointed as anyone. Theme park announcements are the only thing of any interest to me about D23

If you think we will be disappointed, go check out some other WDW sites and read the chatter about what all will be announced for WDW at D23 and how they cant wait. I think there would be riots if D23 were held in Orlando this year. LOL
    There could be that possibility where the Imagineer is not telling the truth in order to protect his job, so he is forced to keep things under wrap like other posters have stated. If they don't announce anything, then oh well. But I think it is still alright to maintain hope.

I was pretty surprised reading that this morning. Though maybe, like others were saying, he was just lying. That would be amazing. Though I won't have any expectations.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post

A couple of theories here. Since I work at a big company I can see three things happening here.

1. He is lying. I would suspect they will annouce something for the 60th bday of the park. Even if it's remodels and effect additions to the current rides I would think they will use their fan fest to promote this heaviliy. So maybe no new attractions but there could still be enhancements to the parks coming. Also if it's top secret he can't say anything and I mean ANYTHING without fear for his job.

2. In big companies like mine not everyone is in the know. Even if they are in the same group. Perhaps he doesn't know. Doubtful but who knows. This is that term the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

3. There is no announcements thus making D23 pretty much lame for the parks sections. I don't see them doing this though it makes no sense. Even if they announce Star Wars movies details and Avengers 2 details we need something for one of their 6 resorts with theme parks I would think.

• Mouseketeer

No attraction announcements still leaves them wiggle room to announce new things. For WDW, they can still announce a Star Wars Land, reconfirm Avatarland (hopefully not), and Carsland. Hotels and restaurants are still on the table. They've already announced some things, so they can go into further detail, like Disney Springs (something incorporating WRE would be a great technicality with this). Refurbs and overhauls might be something else they can get away with. Disney is good with semantics.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If they were smart they'd show off some stuff from SHANGHAI ! ! !

Nǐ hǎo !

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Semiquaver View Post
    No attraction announcements still leaves them wiggle room to announce new things. For WDW, they can still announce a Star Wars Land, reconfirm Avatarland (hopefully not), and Carsland. Hotels and restaurants are still on the table. They've already announced some things, so they can go into further detail, like Disney Springs (something incorporating WRE would be a great technicality with this). Refurbs and overhauls might be something else they can get away with. Disney is good with semantics.
    Remember when only the Magic Kingdom parks had "lands"? I'm tired of these Hypen-lands. Come up with more clever names, people. Who's with me?

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast