Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: no no more spooking from HM cms

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    I actually prefer that the HM CMs don't do too much acting; they're so horrid at it that it becomes laughable. When did it become the standard to recite the "For the best view of the portraits" garbage in a British accent? I laugh every time.
    The HM is supposed to located in the Deep South. So and English accent makes absolutely no sense. If they really want to be in character they should speak with a southern drawl.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I think some people in this thread are mistaking acting or being in character with doing jump scares. Nothing in the Haunted Mansion is "shocking" with the minor exception of the popping heads in the graveyard. The mansion is supposed to be creepy, foreboding, eerie--not scary or surprising. That completely misses the point of the attraction.
    Exactly. Back in the day the CMs never got into character. If they are going to, at least use the proper accent (see above). But to me, an overreacting CM in the HM doesn't mean anything except to show that he or she is bored - sometimes this takes me out of the element more than if they stayed neutral.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The HM is supposed to located in the Deep South. So and English accent makes absolutely no sense. If they really want to be in character they should speak with a southern drawl.

I disagree, a Southern accent would sound awkward imo given the morbid tone of the attraction. I could definitely not take the CMs seriously if a Southern accent was implemented.
    Last edited by frollofan; 07-01-2013 at 09:01 AM.

• Selfie Expert

I had always thought the CMs were portraying butlers in the mansion... and the stereotypical butler, for whatever reason, has an English accent. In my opinion, that accent works.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I had always thought the CMs were portraying butlers in the mansion... and the stereotypical butler, for whatever reason, has an English accent. In my opinion, that accent works.
    I though the same thing. And at that point in history wasn't it considered especially classy and dignified to have English servants?
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Selfie Expert

That's what I was thinking... Maybe not in reality but stereotypically on movies and shows that seemed to be the image. *shrugs* Either way, it works for me!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I though the same thing. And at that point in history wasn't it considered especially classy and dignified to have English servants?
    I never heard about this but it makes sense if it is true. I think usually it was the slaves who were the household servants. So having an English servant probably meant they had the money and status to spend on that.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I had an experience a long time ago on the HM where we had passed the bar check and were starting to go up the little ramp into the ride when on of the CMs put their hands on the side of the buggy and then popped their head around the side. Scared the bejeezus out of me, but it was all in good fun.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    I bet some CMs took it too far.
    That's what I think personally happened. Some people seem to still be getting their usual spooks from what I'm reading in this thread. However, perhaps this particular CM, or maybe him and a few of the CMs that he works with got a few words from a manager in particular, but not everyone.

Maybe they were a bit too harsh? Either that, or maybe a guest just simply disliked it so much (no matter what the degree was) they thought to report him, or something.

• Minion

The last time I rode TOT, the CM running us through the library was AWESOME. I wish there was an easier way to let their superiors know how awesome they made the experience. Bad reviews always come through, but people letting the powers that be know GOOD experiences are always last for whatever reason.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123