Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Observer

no no more spooking from HM cms

I took my weekly trip to disney yesterday and as always had to go straight to haunted mansion, its my fav attraction in the resort, aside from the ride being amazing, I love when the cms get into character and get all creepy and even spook some of us. However on this trip I went into the stretching room and there was one of my fav butlers who I love to watch scare people....he didn't do anything. No creepy stare he even smiled... I asked when it was over why he didn't scare people and he said that his manegers did not like cms creeping/spooking the guest. I think this is stupid, you go into a place called the haunted mansion knowing the possibility of getting a little spook... they are allowed to be serious but he said he is not going to even try because of fear of being accused of scaring someone... what you guys think. My opinion is this sucks, haunted mansion suppose to make you feel uneasy and jumpy... I don't care if its Disney, its still bad show

• Evil is Sexy

Re: no no more spooking from HM cms

That is sad. I always thought the Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror CM's had the most opportunity for being different than the others based on the feel of their attraction. I would go to City Hall and complain that the CM's aren't creepy enough!
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Observer

Oh I did . The cms set the mood for the attraction, and surprises us with the random scaring. It gives me a reason to ride multiple Times a trip

• Selfie Expert

They would still scare people on ToT last time I went - my favorite method was when they would wait at the elevator door and when it opened they would kind of jump out and startle the people standing right at the doors. So funny!

I can't say I'm surprised, though, as it only takes one bad attitude to complain that a CM scared them. :-\

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• No Disassemble!

I bet some CMs took it too far. Rule #1 about good show is knowing where the bar is and keeping it classy. I've seen some pretty extreme scares not only in the elevator room but at the doom buggy handlebar checkpoint. I wouldn't be surprised if guests complained.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Selfie Expert

I wish they would at least all be in character - with the flat affect and voice.

I had a friend post a video of when he was walking through the queue of HM and a CM jumped out from behind the pillar and scared the bejesus out of him. It was hilarious!!

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I wish they would at least all be in character - with the flat affect and voice.
    There are some CMs who work there now that couldn't be in character even if they tried. I'm just being honest..

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    There are some CMs who work there now that couldn't be in character even if they tried. I'm just being honest..
    Oh I totally agree! It would be great if they could audition and assign CMs to HM or ToT exclusively (maybe they could all work between those two attractions, since they would have a similar character).

Just talking ideals, though, not reality.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Oh I totally agree! It would be great if they could audition and assign CMs to HM or ToT exclusively (maybe they could all work between those two attractions, since they would have a similar character).

Just talking ideals, though, not reality.
    That's actually what kills me about seeing these kinds of out of character CMs in the attractions that require (well used to require) heavy theme. I mean most CMs couldn't go from hire-in straight to HM back in the day. You had to be hand picked by your manager to pick it up as a second or third attraction which is why a lot of HM cast members were also Jungle Skippers. I mean some of the most legendary CMs used to be regulars at Haunted Mansion (and yes, here's my Maynard mention again).

I really wonder what's happening over there now.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I had the best Bell Hop a couple weeks ago at TOT in DHS. He was so eccentric and creepy, so hilarious, and downright made the ride the best experience I've ever had on that ride. The entire elevator applauded him when the doors closed. These CM's can make or break the attraction.. this sounds like a break for me.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Master Gracey's Music Man

Though I have not been on my favorite ride in a good while, the last time I was at the HM I noticed this change in behavior as well. It left me with a "I'm missing a piece of the experience" feeling and even a couple of CM's that I'm acquaintances with have ceased their scares and to a point that one CM I talk to normally, even gave directions to guests but sounded really uninspired almost defeated even. This is deeply saddening and I know for a fact I will have a chat with City Hall about this. Atmosphere is nothing without all of its components. My sympathies to them.
    Des douze coups de minuit aux matines sonnantes,
    Nous valserons ensemble, macabre débutante.

• Just drawn that way

Aww thats very sad. I love that about my beloved Mansion and Tower. That is always a treat. Worked at WDW's ToT and loved to do just that.....it's all about the atmosphere.
    Little and broken, but still good.

• Minion

All the Mansion CMs were in great character when I went recently. Guess it's a hit and miss, which is sad.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

That would be sad, but I can see the issue. Sometimes the CMs would jump out as the Doom Buggy starts up the incline, I may be startled but I always laugh... a friend I go with often, seems to not enjoy it. I'd be sad to see HM toned down to accommodate those who do not enjoy the fearful.... when no one talks of toning down the attractions that cause whip lash ;-)

• behind the curtain

I think that CMs working ToT have more leeway to get in character and be a little spooky than those working HM because of the different type of guests on each. Young children go on HM as their introduction to more "adult" rides, and many can't handle being too scared. ToT, on the other hand, by virtue of having a height restriction, can afford to have a little more fun with the guests. And, as someone who has had some fantastically creepy bellhops, I'm totally okay with this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast