Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How about Roger & Jessica Rabbit in Hollywoodland?

It's obvious many of us on here are not happy with the state of Hollywoodland, and feel that the overall quality, feel, and substance of this part of California Adventure is very much lacking. It's also very apparent from various threads that most MiceChatters aren't thrilled with the proposed new Monstropolis plans for HL.

What do you guys think about adding some Roger Rabbit to Hollywoodland? Thematically it makes sense as Who Framed Roger Rabbit? took place in the classic era of Hollywood, which HL represents. And Jessica Rabbit fits in perfectly with the style of the main drag of HL, being a swanky, sultry lounge singer. Perhaps a ride of some sort, or some new kind attraction, or even a cool restaurant themed on the film and it's character (like recreating the Ink and Paint Club where Jessica performs, and have it be a signature dining experience). I know I'm biased because I'm a huge fan and collector of Jessica Rabbit, but objectively having her (and other characters and elements of the film) in Hollywoodland really fits, would be something new and fun, and is a tribute to an older Disney film (as opposed to a new Pixar production). I also think that there's something about the fact that film is part live action and part cartoon that just goes great for part of HL.

I know some will say that "we already have Car Toon Spin in Toontown in Disneyland." So what? We also have Toy Story represented in both parks with Midway Mania and Astro Blasters. And one attraction in either park isn't overkill. As well, I think it's a MUCH better fit for Hollywoodland than anything to do with the Monsters film. I mean seriously!

Please post your thoughts on my idea, and any specific ideas you may have for something Roger Rabbit themed in Hollywoodland
    Last edited by Mondo Mouse; 06-29-2013 at 05:26 PM.

• Minion

Re: How about Roger & Jessica Rabbit in Hollywoodland?

I'd love to see the ink and paint club at dca...the could even have a nighttime party themed to it. As for a ride they could have an attraction driving through maroon studios in those golf courts, Or maybe a detective adventure featuring Eddie Valiant & Roger Rabbit.

Great ideas Ashton. I especially like the Maroon Studios idea, but for Hollywood Studios at WDW! They already have a Maroon Studios billboard up, and that park is all about (or at least it was originally intended to partially) showing the backstage elements of film-making.

• Minion

I've imagined Roger Rabbit in Hollywood Land many times. It could work. As long as the Jessica Rabbit fuzzy can't be seen in the park. She looks terrible.

Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Evil is Sexy

Roger Rabbit things work, so would Dick Tracy and The Rocketeer elements for both BVS and Hollywoodland. They have so many hidden gems in their repetoire, it makes me sad that they are just there gathering dust.
    A Dick Tracy theme would even make a fitting replacement for Mad-T-Party.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

I agree with you Jasmine, my friend who lives in FL runs a website dedicated to Jessica Rabbit and posted those pics of the new walk-around character at Disneyland Paris... not only is it inaccurate (she never wore a pearl necklace and her hair is off), but it just looks plain silly.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Roger Rabbit things work, so would Dick Tracy and The Rocketeer elements for both BVS and Hollywoodland. They have so many hidden gems in their repetoire, it makes me sad that they are just there gathering dust.
    SERIOUSLY! Great point. I LOVE the Rocketeer and wish there was more of that franchise present in the parks, and DCA is the perfect place for it!
    As for Dick Tracy, it is implied to be in Chicago. But having him at DHS would be cool, in the Streets of America area.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    I agree with you Jasmine, my friend who lives in FL runs a website dedicated to Jessica Rabbit and posted those pics of the new walk-around character at Disneyland Paris... not only is it inaccurate (she never wore a pearl necklace and her hair is off), but it just looks plain silly.
    Exactly. Horrible translation to the parks.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

But there doesn't have to be a walk-around Jessica Rabbit in the park. In fact, I wasn't referring to that at all.
    She can still be represented in the form of an audio-animatronic or in artwork or murals, themed merchandise, etc. If they recreated the Ink & Paint Club I think it would be awesome to have a statue of her in the entrance.

• Not on the Jedi Council

wow, that's a horrible costume. The problem with trying to do Jessica as a live action person is the same as trying to make a live action Mona Lisa. 2D to 3D doesn't always work.

Buy, in terms of seeing them in the parks more or a live action Roger character, I'd be all for it.

Having the Ink and Paint Club would be absolutely smashing! I love that idea.

They really do need to work on Jessica for the parks though... She looks terrible.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Fun ideas! I agree Roger and Jessica would be better themed to the Hollywood area. And so would the Cartoon Spin ride. Although then that would make 2 rides in the same area in which you board a taxi cab for a ride vehicle. haha

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

•   
    • Minion

Making an Ink & Paint club, and Maroon Cartoon Studios, would work SO WELL for Hollywood land! It would fit into the general era (1920s to 1940s) and it would be just perfect.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

i 100% support this idea. hollywoodland could use a sit down restaurant and the ink & paint club idea is great. also, changing the generic "hollywood studios" backlot area to maroon cartoon studios could give the land some much needed character.

in my opinion, all of toontown needs a makeover. i enjoy roger rabbit's car toon spin, but i would not be opposed to them taking it out of toontown and doing something similar, but on a grander scale, in hollywoodland. this would allow them to remodel toontown in the style of the original disney shorts (steamboat willie dark ride anyone?).

as far as the jessica rabbit character goes, why not just use a face character? of course you'd have to find the right actress for it to work, maybe christina hendricks could fill the role...
    Last edited by thedustycoyote; 06-29-2013 at 02:13 PM.

• Diva Extrodinaire

If they ever re-do Toontown, whether just an overhaul or replacing it with a new land, then they should just move Car Toon Spin to Hollywoodland (though I'd rather use the space for The Great Movie Ride). If not, an Ink and Pain night club with swing dancing and a live band could be a great alternative to the Mad T Party.

And side-note: a Small-World style flume ride inspired by Steamboat Willie could be very cool!
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast